Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Fools in the crowd moaning about cuts yet smoking fags at 50 cent a pop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

MrsD007 wrote: »
    They're capping tax relief at €1,000 but the most common policy is €1,500. My own policy is Plan B with options with is pretty popular woman of child bearing age is €1,837 so Noonan is wrong when he says that its the top policies that will be affected.

OK, so mostly families.
    I've got an individual plan, so probably won't affect me so much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Smokers in the background really not doing the speakers any favours.

Jaysus, i was getting worried for Vinny there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

After he handed back to the studio, Vincent should have said "Thank you, Vincent".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Lapin wrote: »
    I reckon it was only axed so that it can be used as a bargaining chip when pensioners start kicking up a fuss and will be reinstated as a consession.

They have been pulling that stunt for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

No panel tonight, just ordinary people!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 TheCruiser

Actually got a headache from that final rant outside Leinster House.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Yes but they used the application to harvest data which could be used for additional taxation on the deceaseds estate, it was a win win for the government from what I seen in the application. Also meant social welfare and medical cards were easily cancelled upon notification of death.

Somehow I very much doubt there is that level of joined up thinking in Social Welfare :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

OK, so mostly families.
    I've got an individual plan, so probably won't affect me so much.
    The policies I quoted are all individual plans - the VHI Plan B (Individual) policy is €1,500.

• Advertisement

"swingeing".
    Wonder how many times i can fit that into casual conversation tomorrow.

"swingeing".
    Wonder how many times i can fit that into casual conversation tomorrow.
    Is that even a proper word?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

If they wanted to take away the telephone allowance, they should have phased it out over time, ensuring that the people who have it now would keep it.

If they wanted to take away the telephone allowance, they should have phased it out over time, ensuring that the people who have it now would keep it.
    I agree, most of the pensioners I know don't use their travel pass very much but they use their landline everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Protesters have all sorts of labels in Ireland and are not respected.

The policies I quoted are all individual plans - the VHI Plan B (Individual) policy is €1,500.

Oh, right.
    I was probably thinking of the net amount (after the credit comes off).
    Comes down to about 1200 when you take it off ( i think).

But now that's gone, does that mean losing the 20% tax relief on the whole 1500. Or is the first 1000 of that unaffected (if you understand me).

If it's the former (300 euro) that's shocking. I'll be looking for a cheaper plan probably.

Noonan always looks so smug and arrogant. Easy to see he'll never be affected by his own austerity measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Fools in the crowd moaning about cuts yet smoking fags at 50 cent a pop :D

They're cheaper on the black market; a booming market at the moment.

Fair play to those who actually turned up to protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

They're capping tax relief at €1,000 but the most common policy (Plan B) costs €1,500. My own policy is Plan B with options which is pretty popular with women of child bearing age, it costs €1,837 so Noonan is wrong when he says that its only the top policies that will be affected.

It was notable that most of the commentators today failed to pick up on this.

I suspect they all have their VHI paid for by their employers, and don't appreciate the full costs of the standard plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

If the likes of Chambers and IBEC had their way, they'd have people working for nothing, which is already happening.

They got their way as soon as FG got into power.

• Advertisement

Is that even a proper word?

Apparently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Has anyone asked how this Budget will affect Ministers, TDs, Advisors etc?

I accidentally googled "swinging" and got very different results :o;)

coolhull wrote: »
    Well the good news is that if they have children/grandchildren aged five or under they'll be getting their free GP card.

coolhull wrote: »

It doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Well the good news is that if they have children/grandchildren aged five or under they'll be getting their free GP card.
    Oooh, that'll be nice for them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I think curly is right, the country is full of chicken $hit clowns. subservient weak clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

If under-25s had any sense, they'd be out on the streets right now, smashing the place up. That dole cut is pretty disgraceful.

RayM wrote: »
    If under-25s had any sense, they'd be out on the streets right now, smashing the place up. That dole cut is pretty disgraceful.

It seems to me that a legal challenge should be taken over this. The Government is discriminating on grounds of a person's age.

• Advertisement

RayM wrote: »
    I heard some ambassador's wife being interviewed a few years ago about her time in Ireland and she said....

"The Irish are a lovely people but they lack a sense of outrage", I think she was right, we are very slow to challenge authority.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement