Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Oh extra €250 for him for the Newstalk reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,759 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How is Gilligan back at Jessbrook if CAB seized it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

€3 travel tax gone - like that's gonna make a difference in all honesty

He's back at the house alongside it, think it's his sister's gaf

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

vicwatson wrote: »

Along with the dole cut, this is to get rid of unemployed young people...

• Advertisement

I'd 100% eat that steak right now.

Nope, more profit for Ryanair and Aer Lingus.

I do expect some publicity sale from Ryanair any day now to mark this event and they usually have a few very cheap seats. I'm going to keep my eye on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

The family home can not be touched by CAB it is on the the Jessbrook estate.As regards the equestrian center some clown seems to have fooked up which is not unusual with state employees. He got an injunction last week in the high court preventing the sale of the place. When you think of the situation they had 17 years to sort it out and they failed, what percentage of incompetence is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

If Donnelly is against the welfare cuts announced he should name the (equal value) welfare cuts he supports.

He's a typical Independent opportunist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm tired of hearing about the elderly and their telephone allowance. Living in fear, my arse. They're the only group whose weekly welfare rate hasn't been cut in the last five years. It's over €40 per week more than other payments. They should count themselves lucky. The under-25s have really been shafted in this budget.

• Advertisement

How can tv3 justify letting Darth Vadar on the show. If she's sick then she should be at home FFS.

The budget is next...

Good loser wrote: »
    If Donnelly is against the welfare cuts announced he should name the (equal value) welfare cuts he supports.

All politicians are opportunists regardless of party.

How can tv3 justify letting Darth Vadar on the show. If she's sick then she should be at home FFS.

It could be a fitness issue.

RayM wrote: »
    I'm tired of hearing about the elderly and their telephone allowance. Living in fear, my arse. They're the only group whose weekly welfare rate hasn't been cut in the last five years. It's over €40 per week more than other payments. They should count themselves lucky. The under-25s have really been shafted in this budget.

The isolation is a load of bull.

Some old people are just mean.

Money could be saved with politician travel expenses, John Perry has received over €68,000 in travel expenses since he got into power.

You should have a chat with Padraig Nally.

It is the people who busted their ar$e working to make this country, They did not have the comforts of spoiled little $hites that put forward nasty criticism of their entitlement's, after all they paid for them from the age of 12/13/ 16/. Maybe you do not understand this.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Money could be saved with politician travel expenses, John Perry has received over €68,000 in travel expenses since he got into power.

I might be mistaken, but I think it's far more than that. I'll try find a link. Of course, not a word has been said by any other TD about this and the fact that his huge expenses come at a time of personal financial problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Good loser wrote: »

But he doesn't have the swaggering arrogance that is the trademark of the blueshirts. ;)

• Advertisement

And we're still waiting for details of the deal that bailed him out so he could remain on the gravy train..

I might be mistaken, but I think it's far more than that. I'll try find a link. Of course, not a word has been said by any other TD about this and the fact that his huge expenses come at a time of personal financial problems.

It could well be more as you say.

John Perry has driven over 4 and half times around the world since 2011. Time for his constituents to get rid of him next election.

It would be a good campaign for a rival on how they will save taxpayers money.

The family home can not be touched by CAB it is on the the Jessbrook estate.As regards the equestrian center some clown seems to have fooked up which is not unusual with state employees. He got an injunction last week in the high court preventing the sale of the place. When you think of the situation they had 17 years to sort it out and they failed, what percentage of incompetence is that.

The new prison should have been built on the site at Jessbrook and that scumbag locked up there for life, along with his other cronies. And while we are at it, throw Bertie,Cowan,McCreevey along with their developer and banker buddies in there too. Not forgetting to add Michael McDowell who wasted €30 of taxpayers money on the Thornton Hall site and has never even been asked to explain this criminal decision.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

It is the people who busted their ar$e working to make this country, They did not have the comforts of spoiled little $hites that put forward nasty criticism of their entitlement's, after all they paid for them from the age of 12/13/ 16/. Maybe you do not understand this.

Their welfare payments are up to €40 per week higher than those of unemployed people, carers and people with long-term illnesses and disabilities. They've done extremely well not to have faced the same cuts as everybody else. People under 25 who (for no fault of their own) are unemployed are facing a huge cut. That should be the big headline story of this budget.

You seem to me to be in a very comfortable home probably living with your parents to make that comment, if that is the case then I understand your comment. Try live in an isolated area and see what it is like, when you are attacked at four in the morning, you ring the Guards and they arrive at six two hours later. Sleep well in your compound.

No, haven't heard her like that before

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I was thinking the same thing but was too polite to say lol.

But can they please get Niamh Lyons on the programme instead? ;)

Their welfare payments are up to €40 per week higher than those of unemployed people, carers and people with long-term illnesses and disabilities. They've done extremely well not to have faced the same cuts as everybody else. People under 25 who (for no fault of their own) are unemployed are facing a huge cut. That should be the big headline story of this budget.

I don't think the elderly should be having to worry about money when they are in the twilight of their lives.
    But they are faced with the extra charges the state has brought in too.

Times in the past were harder than now, they deserve a break, times were worse when they were younger.

Had to google him...minister for small business....WTF ? Never heard of him or that department

A joke really

• Advertisement

You seem to me to be in a very comfortable home probably living with your parents to make that comment, if that is the case then I understand your comment. Try live in an isolated area and see what it is like, when you are attacked at four in the morning, you ring the Guards and they arrive at six two hours later. Sleep well in your compound.

I live in rural Ireland and my car was broken into and the tax, insurance and NCT cert stolen.
    The Guards which included a detective a got lost trying to my home.

At least I wasn't known to them :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement