Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

The French spy on everyone themselves, especially industrial espionage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I would only pay €50 if I needed a GP consultation.

So you pay €50 to see a GP to get a prescription?

That was my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

That headshop guy's treatment of that woman and her child was a horrendous case. Piece of **** tied her up before driving off with the child dumping him in the middle of nowhere only to return to rape her.

What the fcuk is wrong with people.
    Also, is it me or are there more stories like this nowadays?
    That was a seriously disturbing case, he used a story about a seriously ill relative in his apartment needing assistance to lure her in. To abandon her child the way he did was horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ipso wrote: »
    They're just less worse. It's the hopeless versus the insane.

I think they are all insane, apart from some in each party who are not.

It took Putin to stop Obama creating a major war in the middle east that could have got really out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Contact sports are different nowadays, they are so much stronger and fitter than years ago......I agree with Vincent, it will only be in the future that the damage will be seen unfortunately....

• Advertisement

So you pay €50 to see a GP to get a prescription?

That was my point.
    No, I pay €15 - €20 for a repeat prescription that's what we were discussing. All other consultations are €50.

No, I pay €15 - €20 for a repeat prescription that's what we were discussing. All other consultations are €50.

For me to get a prescription off a doctor if I'm sick, I have to pay €50-€60 to a GP depending the day, one of the local GPs charge more on Saturdays. I didn't say anything about repeat prescriptions.

I have no idea what a consultation is.

Contact sports are different nowadays, they are so much stronger and fitter than years ago......I agree with Vincent, it will only be in the future that the damage will be seen unfortunately....

Yeah it is a huge controversy over in the US with American football.

A lot of brain injuries from getting concussion from getting those big hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

RobertKK wrote: »
    But, but Obama and those democrats are so cuddly, RTE tells us they are compared to those horrible republicans...

In fairness Republicans are kinda evil.

Holding the world to ransom with potential renewed economic chaos over legislation they didn't like.

That was a seriously disturbing case, he used a story about a seriously ill relative in his apartment needing assistance to lure her in. To abandon her child the way he did was horrific.

This guy will be out in 10 years.
    Christ.

• Advertisement

Yeah it is a huge controversy over in the US with American football.

A lot of brain injuries from getting concussion from getting those big hits.

For sure, and the problem is they are young lads - getting younger and younger turning professional. Not a good future for their bodies....

To be honest, I've no issue paying my GP a €50 consultation fee because she is excellent at her job and she is very thorough and makes referrals when appropriate. I'm lucky that I'm rarely ill. I might feel differently if I had ongoing medical issues and I needed more frequent GP visits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I think they are all insane, apart from some in each party who are not.

It took Putin to stop Obama creating a major war in the middle east that could have got really out of control.

No. There are no equivalents to Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Louis Gohmert, Steve King etc in the Democrats.
    The GOP's policy is basically talk radio catchphrases. And coinincidentally they always get worked up about fiscal matters when a democrat is in the White House. It's like 2001 to 2008 never happened
    All the tea party talk of marxism and the country being destroyed is the same as John Birch guff spouted ages ago. Any day now the others are coming.

In fairness Republicans are kinda evil.

Holding the world to ransom with potential renewed economic chaos over legislation they didn't like.

Obamacare is a bit crazy, I mean if you are an employer you have to provide coverage for your employees birth control.

Apparently the woman was too traumatised to attend the court case and has difficulty trusting people.
    Her life may well be ruined by this (hopefully not) while he'll resume his in 10 years.
    And as you say, she was lured in thinking she was helping him which compounds it.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Obamacare is a bit crazy, I mean if you are an employer you have to provide coverage for your employees birth control.

I heard it's called johnny cash:D

A previous Boss of mine would have loved that, he would have put it in the coffee........He would go berserk if he heard one of the girls was pregnant and give her a particularly hard time it came to her Maternity leave....And he wouldn't even acknowledge when she came back to work later that she had had a baby. The original Grinch.

Is that a Tea Party myth?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

It's the hopeless versus the insane.

Like FG versus FF? ;)

No. There are no equivalents to Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Louis Gohmert, Steve King etc in the Democrats.
    The GOP's policy is basically talk radio catchphrases. And coinincidentally they always get worked up about fiscal matters when a democrat is in the White House. It's like 2001 to 2008 never happened
    All the tea party talk of marxism and the country being destroyed is the same as John Birch guff spouted ages ago. Any day now the others are coming.

Clinton left office as the dot com bubble burst, 911 happened, a senseless war which most of the Democrats voted for too, we had Hillary Clinton telling us here in Ireland we should support and trust the US when it came to invading Iraq.
    The financia/banking crisis happened.
    Obama was elected and kept Bush's defense secretary...

Obama has near doubled the US national debt

• Advertisement

You mean like they always have for the last few decades?
    The so called pro life movement love to leave the sick to the free markets, its line life begins at conception and ends at birth.

But it's passed isn't it.
    Irrespective of the details of the act, the Republicans' methods (threaten economic chaos) leave an awful lot to be desired.

You mean like they always have for the last few decades?

The washington Times says different.

The contraception mandate has been a constant subplot to the Obamacare drama that has played out on Capitol Hill since 2010, when Democratic majorities muscled the overhaul through Congress.

Obama was elected and kept Bush's defense secretary...

Obama has near doubled the US national debt

So he's not soft on terror or he is? Gates was better than what came before him.
    What is the debt being driven by?
    Obama inherited a recession so revenues went down. Throw two expensive wars and a deficit funded socialesed medicine (medicare part d) from Bush into the mix and what do you expense. Not even Reagan balanced a budget and how many debates did you hear about fiscal natters during Bush's terms?

The contraception mandate has been a constant subplot to the Obamacare drama that has played out on Capitol Hill since 2010, when Democratic majorities muscled the overhaul through Congress.

My company subsidized my health insurance to the tune of 50% before Onamacare (or should I say Romney care or HeritageFoundation care) and I still paid $900 a month. It also almost doubled pre Obama care.
    Its cheaper for nsurance companies to pay for birth control than pregnancies, I bet people being sick doesn't figure into many peoples faith.

Contraceptives will prevent the spread of STIs and STDs, so it is a health issue.

But it's passed isn't it.
    Irrespective of the details of the act, the Republican's methods (threaten economic chaos) leave an awful lot to be desired.

That did backfire, as they were never going to allow the country go over the fiscal cliff.

Looking back, the US had a most terrible choice for president back in 2008.

Contraceptives will prevent the spread of STIs and STDs, so it is a health issue.

They do not provide protection for all sexual diseases/infections.

My company subsidized my health insurance to the tune of 50% before Onamacare (or should I say Romney care or HeritageFoundation care) and I still paid $900 a month. It also almost doubled pre Obama care.
    Its cheaper for nsurance companies to pay for birth control than pregnancies, I bet people being sick doesn't figure into many peoples faith.

Pregnancy is not an illness.

• Advertisement

So he's not soft on terror or he is? Gates was better than what came before him.
    What is the debt being driven by?
    Obama inherited a recession so revenues went down. Throw two expensive wars and a deficit funded socialesed medicine (medicare part d) from Bush into the mix and what do you expense. Not even Reagan balanced a budget and how many debates did you hear about fiscal natters during Bush's terms?

The debt was not $17 trillion under Reagan and rising steeply. It was under $10 trilion when Bush left office.

Going to bed, but all that spying is probably expensive too...employs a lot of people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement