Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

RobertKK wrote: »
    That did backfire, as they were never going to allow the country go over the fiscal cliff.

Looking back, the US had a most terrible choice for president back in 2008.

Kent? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The debt was not $17 trillion under Reagan and rising steeply. It was under $10 trilion when Bush left office.

Going to bed, but all that spying is probably expensive too...employs a lot of people.
    Ah sure what's 17 trillion among friends?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Pregnancy is not an illness.

No but it's a cost health insurance companies will pay for.

The debt was not $17 trillion under Reagan and rising steeply. It was under $10 trilion when Bush left office.

Going to bed, but all that spying is probably expensive too...employs a lot of people.

It wasn'tgoing down was it. My point is, a party with an awful record on fiscal matters should not be allowed to frame the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

coolhull wrote: »
    Ah sure what's 17 trillion among friends?:rolleyes:

Just $1 each, (if you have 17 trillion friends):D

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Just $1 each, (if you have 17 trillion friends):D

So around 2500 AD or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,761 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Tonight --- Enda being shown up yet again as a hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Vincent not mincing words there......

Scary Enda arrives in time for Halloween!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It's like watching an episode of 'Reeling In The Years' this evening. I love Vinny's video clips :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Tonight --- Enda being shown up yet again as a hypocrite.

And Gilmore being shown up as a habitual hypocrite.

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    And Gilmore being shown up as a habitual hypocrite.

He will have plenty of time to reflect upon that after the next Election Lapin!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I liked this placard at the protest

000807d3-642.jpg

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1022/481954-reilly-budget/

I don't think the Pensioners have the same momentum as last time. The Government will be pleased that there hasn't been a huge reaction to the OAP Medical Card changes, and the Phone Allowance.

There is a big job coming up in Europe and he has been linked to that.

He will ride into the sunset with a huge pay-off and pension after undoing the work of Larkin, Connolly and all who gave their life's commitment to the Labour Party.
    He sold them out for a wee bit of power. Ego tripper.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    There is a big job coming up in Europe and he has been linked to that.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest MrsD.......Something has to be buying his silence......:rolleyes:

Skid X wrote: »
    I don't think the Pensioners have the same momentum as last time. The Government will be pleased that there hasn't been a huge reaction to the OAP Medical Card changes, and the Phone Allowance.
    Every media outlet in the country has been covering the fallout from the medical card situation though.

(The withdrawal or refusal to give medical cards to some people with serious illness or disability).

He will ride into the sunset with a huge pay-off and pension after undoing the work of Larkin, Connolly and all who gave their life's commitment to the Labour Party.
    He sold them out for a wee bit of power. Ego tripper.
    I'll never vote Labour again, they've sold out.

Every media outlet in the country has been covering the fallout from the medical card situation though.

(The withdrawal or refusal to give medical cards to some people with serious illness or disability).

The medical card should be means tested just like Child Benefit.
    The wrong people are often punished.
    I was more annoyed with them reducing the tax allowance on Health Insurance.
    Only people took it out the system would not cope, yet they are punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

Billy calls for 'a small bit of honesty.' All these so called progressive budgets in 2008, 2009 and 2010 were based on borrowings which have not yet been paid back and which will hold the country back for years.

• Advertisement

But isn't it grand that the kids of millionaires will be able to get free GP care whenever they sneeze?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I would be open to a universal system, no GP or hospital fees. Everybody just has to pay more tax.

They have, but it only impacts on a relatively small number of people.

And I don't think it will cost the Government many votes - most people tend to vote based on what the Government has done to them, and their families.

It's a very unfair move by the Government, but I think they know it won't cost them many votes.

Good loser wrote: »
    Billy calls for 'a small bit of honesty.' All these so called progressive budgets in 2008, 2009 and 2010 were based on borrowings which have not yet been paid back and which will hold the country back for years.

FF should not be allowed a platform at all but in general the hypocrasy of politicians of all hue and colour is very off-putting. I am left with no party to vote for.

I agree with you for the most part but I think that there are certain people who should have an automatic entitlement to a medical card.

People who have MS, Cancer, Motor Neutrone Disease etc... and child and adults with intellectual and other serious disabilites.

The increase in prescription charges is another thing that is going to cause hardship, it's now up to €2.50 per item :eek:

I'm raging over the changes to the tax relief on medical insurance, it will mean even more people will be forced to abandon their cover :mad: It's incredibly short-sighted, it means that more people will be relying on the public health system.

No Government representative on the panel tonight.
    I wonder why?

I agree with you for the most part but I think that there are certain people who should have an automatic entitlement to a medical card.

People who have MS, Cancer, Motor Neutrone Disease etc... and child and adults with intellectual and other serious disabilites.

Of course 100%. BUT many people will retain it even though they can afford to pay.
    It should be for the people you described above.

The Over 70s Universal Medical Card was one of the most cynical ill thought out election gimmicks ever.

It wouldn't take a Demographics expert to realise it was unsustainable (even if we hadn't had a Bust).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Appalling treatment of that Roma family. No doubt, racism was a factor in the child's removal.

• Advertisement

Poor 'ol Vincent, he's just not up to speed with Alex and Roy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement