Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Now we get to miss the row between that woman and Vincent over TV3 and their attitude towards travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

That was a sharp end to the discussion.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

He sucked up to her for 50 minutes and she bit him in the ass at the end, I'd say he's raging, bring back fionnan Sheehan

• Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah Vincent the travellers are so hard done by :rolleyes:

Don't mention the fact that Councils bend over backwards to help them out and we the taxpayers pay to have the houses done up when they are damaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Working couples in Ireland cant afford to have more than two kids, but travellers can continue to have >10 children family and the State pays for all of them... It's about time the county copped on to who contributes towards making the country a better place, and those who are <Mod Snip>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm glad to see TV3 getting a bit of well-earned criticism. Their anti-traveller documentaries are appalling.

RayM wrote: »
    I'm glad to see TV3 getting a bit of well-earned criticism. Their anti-traveller documentaries are appalling.

Ah come on Ray. TV3 are Anti Traveller? you cant be serious.. Aunty Traveller more like

Passing through Naas this evening, and they have a big bonfire lit on the side of the bypass... If I did that out my backyard the Environmental protection crowd would shut me down..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Oh dear, that lady just dropped a bomb, he wasn't expecting that:D.

Travelers can play the sympathy card though, causing trouble while then pleading discrimination to try to get off.

Oh, move over Niamh Lyons, I have a new pin up in Susan Fay...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

RayM wrote: »

The initial report to the Gardai in this case was by a TV3 journalist who was contacted by a 'concerned' member of the public....entirely coincidental of course.:rolleyes:

In other news, I will no longer be posting on the Television forum. I'll miss the LLS thread, but not much else... Goodbye and good luck..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Roger_007 wrote: »
    The initial report to the Gardai in this case was by a TV3 journalist who was contacted by a 'concerned' member of the public....entirely coincidental of course.:rolleyes:

If the child had been abducted and rescued I'm sure he'd have TV 3's input highlighted, maybe attack is the best defence from tv 3 and Vincent

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

In other news, I will no longer be posting on the Television forum. I'll miss the LLS thread, but not much else... Goodbye and good luck..

Jonathan, you have not been banned from the Television forum, you have received a warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Ah come on Ray. TV3 are Anti Traveller? you cant be serious.. Aunty Traveller more like

Passing through Naas this evening, and they have a big bonfire lit on the side of the bypass... If I did that out my backyard the Environmental protection crowd would shut me down..

Have you seen their traveller documentaries? There are quite a lot of them, and they don't portray the travelling community in a particularly good light. Sensationalistic nonsense, masquerading as journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Roger_007 wrote: »
    The Gardai and social services should be dealing with the real cases of children in danger

You mean, like, children who are routinely sent out to beg on the streets by their own parents? children like Marioara Rostas. Remember her?

The loony lefties are starting to sound very like Mina Bean Uí Chroibín on this issue, and they've obviously learnt nothing from the Roscommon house of horrors case where the Social Workers were obstructed from taking the kids into care.

http://clericalwhispers.blogspot.ie/2009/01/ultra-catholics-under-fire-over-horror.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I hope you change your mind and do not deprive us of your presence, you have a lot to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Labour are very selective about what angers them these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Labour are very selective about what angers them these days.

One Labour guy that has a history of promoting tolerance for different races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Ah the old pinstripe suit jacket over worn white t-shirt look. This guy wouldn't have been cast better if Steven Spielberg directed the Vinny B show.

One Labour guy that has a history of promoting tolerance for different races.

Or a bandwagon jumper. Take your pick.

Or a bandwagon jumper. Take your pick.

Promoting tolerance in Ireland seems to make you unpopular here, so I don't know about a band wagon.

• Advertisement

Promoting tolerance in Ireland seems to make you unpopular here, so I don't know about a band wagon.

I don't see him speaking out about the discrimation of young unemployed people who are paid a different rate to older unemployed people, cos that might rock the boat and O'Riordan might find himself unpopular within his own party, but this is safe ground so he can happily go spouting on about the injustice of what's happening without fear of censure from Gilmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Em, ok Vincent.....:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Laughing at him now bemoaning the white collar people who behave with impunity.

Travellers are not the only one suffering cuts....

Get real.

Travellers are not the only one suffering cuts....

Did he say that?

Did he say that?

Yes, they have had cuts regarding education etc....

I bet TV3 probably have a sensationalist "documentary" in the pipeline about organised Roma begging now........

I haven't a clue what that chap just said. Neither has Vincent.

Something about a stadium I think.

Yes, they have had cuts regarding education etc....

But did he say that Travellers are the only ones suffering from cuts?

• Advertisement

"US spied on 35 world leaders".

Enda can sleep soundly then !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement