Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

MrsD007 wrote: »
    That was a sloppy comment to make on TV, Vinny moved very quickly to correct her.

I would think so MrsD.......Vinnie was on the ball there. They may be on the opposite channels but they will always look after each other. Niamh made a bit of a gaff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

That was a sloppy comment to make on TV, Vinny moved very quickly to correct her.

She has a point - all too often Paul Reynolds merely reports what the Gardai has told him and reports it as fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

She has a point - all too often Paul Reynolds merely reports what the Gardai has told him and reports it as fact.
    She retracted her statement very quickly when Vinny challenged her on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

I do agree with the concern over the use of "known to the gardai", a slimy wink-wink term used only on 'lower-class' people

She retracted her statement very quickly when Vinny challenged her on it.

She didn't retract it, she said he was a respected journalist. Her point was valid.

• Advertisement

Jane mustn't feel the cold.

I'm glad that Vinny is giving more time to the newspaper preview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Jane Last ?????

I'm glad that Vinny is giving more time to the newspaper preview.

Yeah, everybody will get to talk for about 2 minutes tonight.

Can't understand why he changes the panel for the papers when there is such little time available?

Jane mustn't feel the cold.

I presume TV3 can afford to heat the building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Joe Molloy looks like a geography teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Jane Last?

With me she'd be First.... (if I were 30 years younger)

Joe Molloy looks like a geography teacher.
    Jaysus, none of my geography teachers at school looked that good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Yer man looks a bit like Daddy Warbucks.

2239capture_anniese12.jpg

Daddy Warbucks, what about Mr Hardwick, Jaysus Debbie Does Dallas. Jaysus that was a long timr ago 77.

I don't get why anyone doubts the prowess of Paul O'Connell........Injured or not, he is inspirational.

Man above men, Captain of Captains....:)

The first guy on that Dublin advert looked like a young Paul Brady.

I don't get why anyone doubts the prowess of Paul O'Connell........Injured or not, he is inspirational.

Man above men, Captain of Captains....:)
    Paul O'Connell is one of my favourite rugby players :) I love that electricty advert he is in at the moment.

The first guy on that Dublin advert looked like a young Paul Brady.

And you'd probably go for him as well Mrs D !!!

Is any male with a pulse safe? Poor oul Vinny, you haven't mentioned him yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'd almost throw my keys down a shore, just so I could use a flexitorch to get them out.

I'd almost throw my keys down a shore, just so I could use a flexitorch to get them out.

Christmas pressie sorted so HA!.........;):)

• Advertisement

dfbemt wrote: »
    And you'd probably go for him as well Mrs D !!!

Is any male with a pulse safe? Poor oul Vinny, you haven't mentioned him yet ;)
    I said he looked like Paul Brady, I didn't say I fancied him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The ad break took almost seven minutes, then the show came back for 55 seconds.
    Ridiculous :mad:

I said he looked like Paul Brady, I didn't say I fancied him ;)

But but but ...... everybody loves Paul Brady.

Time to move to AH for me. This Vinnie thread has lost its doom and gloom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

dfbemt wrote: »
    Yeah, everybody will get to talk for about 2 minutes tonight.

Can't understand why he changes the panel for the papers when there is such little time available?

Less grilling time for government politicians.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Less grilling time for government politicians.

That would be the case if a Government Politician would have the guts to go on Vincent's program.....

There should be an investigation into the disappearance of Ministers - like a TV3 version of "Without a Trace".......

They can't be all afraid of a pensioner like Vincent, now can they??....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

That would be the case if a Government Politician would have the guts to go on Vincent's program.....

There should be an investigation into the disappearance of Ministers - like a TV3 version of "Without a Trace".......

Why would they go on it? Pat Rabbitte turned up at Ballymount and Vincent Browne turned him away because he appeared on Primetime earlier that evening. That was ridiculous - If I was a Goverment Minister I would stay clear of this show. It has falling ratings, they have more to lose than to gain by making an appearance.

They have nothing to gain by listening to the presenter's self-centered rants about his pet issues. Vincent Browne should be pensioned off. His show is dull, repetitive and increasingly irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Oh yes they can. (just getting for the panto)

Oh yes they can. (just getting for the panto)

:P

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That's kinda what I meant. Are TV3 shortening the "grilling time" to try and attract them back?

• Advertisement

Skid X wrote: »
    Why would they go on it? Pat Rabbitte turned up at Ballymount and Vincent Browne turned him away because he appeared on Primetime earlier that evening. That was ridiculous - If I was a Goverment Minister I would stay clear of this show. It has falling ratings, they have more to lose than to gain by making an appearance.

They have nothing to gain by listening to the presenter's self-centered rants about his pet issues. Vincent Browne should be pensioned off. His show is dull, repetitive and increasingly irrelevant.

If they believe the spiel they are giving the public Skid, they should be well able to stand up to a pensioner.......

I believe in the powers of a good debate.....Stand up for what you believe.

I would.

Pat R was on RTE this morning talking about his haircut in the 70's. He got a soft interview.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement