Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Why is Donald Trump doing the newspaper preview?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Why is Donald Trump doing the newspaper preview?

It's waaay past his bedtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Roisin Shortall is peculiar in the sense she's one of the few politicians in this country i think is genuine. Politics need more people like her. Of course, look how Irish politics rewarded her.
    Vincent laughing at that story? WTF.

The band wagon is a great way to be in when you do not get your way.
    No sympathy for that one. Just a jumper to save her ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Someone had borrowed 3.2 million from Newbridge Credit Union !!!
    Can you "credit" that?

That's a hell of a long, long way from the Credit Union ethos :mad:

The band wagon is a great way to be in when you do not get your way.
    No sympathy for that one. Just a jumper to save her ass.
    She gave up a ministerial position, very few have done that in Irish politics, even when they were found to have done something inappropriate.

• Advertisement

Catherine is dripping with gold this evening.

Catherine's hair is stuck in her eyelashes. It's a bit disconcerting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Journalists just completely unwilling to criticise the Gardai. The only one seems to be Vincent.

Catherine's hair is stuck in her eyelashes. It's a bit disconcerting.
    I want to comb her fringe out of her eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Isn't Tom up late tonight? There's school in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Two stories back to back there relating to the astronomical cost of legal fees.

I'm in the wrong game. :(

coolhull wrote: »
    Isn't Tom up late tonight? There's school in the morning.

Does anyone else think he sounds very like Ed Byrne?

Lapin wrote: »
    Two stories back to back there relating to the astronomical cost of legal fees.

I'm in the wrong game. :(

So is Vinnie ;)

Vinnie is an idiot. That was an ad break.

Pedi Spin looks like a great Christmas present for the masochists in the family.

Vinnie is losing it :D

So is Vinnie ;)
    Harry McGee is the same, he is a qualified barrister but he chooses to work as a journalist.

I was really surprised at the weekend to find out that Gavin Jennings, the Morning Ireland presenter is a qualified doctor.

Vinny has completely lost the plot :D:D:D:D

She gave up a ministerial position, very few have done that in Irish politics, even when they were found to have done something inappropriate.

Did she resign from LP/WP or just sat on the other side of the house.

Looks like a nice day tomorrow.

Time to dig out the bucket and spade :)

• Advertisement

Did she resign from LP/WP or just sat on the other side of the house.
    She resigned as Minister of State for Primary Care on 26 September 2012, she also resigned the Parliamentary Labour Party whip.

As far as I'm concerned that shows that she has priniciples, lots of other politicians would sit back and enjoy their ministerial perks and look forward to collecting their generous pension in a few years.

She resigned as Minister of State for Primary Care on 26 September 2012, and also resigned the Parliamentary Labour Party whip.

As far as I'm concerned that shows that she has priniciples, lots of other politicians would sit back and enjoy their ministerial perks and look forward to collecting their generous pension in a few years.

Would you vote for her next time if you could?

Would you vote for her next time if you could?
    I'm not in her constituency.

However, if it was a choice between her and Kathleen Lynch, I'd vote for Róisín.

She resigned as Minister of State for Primary Care on 26 September 2012, she also resigned the Parliamentary Labour Party whip.

So she is still a member of the WP/LP, and still retains her salary, and her pension privileges. Outstanding, like a farmer in his own field.

So she is still a member of the WP/LP, and still retains her salary, and her pension privileges. Outstanding, like a farmer in his own field.
    She is no longer on a ministerial salary and her pension would have been affected.

She is no longer on a ministerial salary and her pension would have been affected.

Correct me if I am wrong, before she resigned she had qualified for her ministerial pension.

Roisin Shortall was stabbed in the back by all of her Labour colleagues, particularly Kathleen Lynch who stood up Judas-like in the Dail and declared her undying supporting for that cabog Reilly, and her brother-in-law Ciaran Lynch, who was one of the first to congratulate Alex White on his new junior ministerial position. The pair of them make my blood boil. :mad:

Roisin Shortall was stabbed in the back by all of her Labour colleagues, particularly Kathleen Lynch who stood up Judas-like in the Dail and declared her undying supporting for that cabog Reilly, and her brother-in-law Ciaran Lynch, who was one of the first to congratulate Alex White on his new junior ministerial position. The pair of them make my blood boil. :mad:

Both OSF/IRA before the merge.

• Advertisement

I'm not in her constituency.

However, if it was a choice between her and Kathleen Lynch, I'd vote for Róisín.

So you'd only vote for her if she was up against Kathleen Lynch, but otherwise no? Interesting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement