Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Ask Noel about the teapot that Charlie Haughey gave Mrs. Thatcher, he loves talking about it :rolleyes:

Derek Mooney has already done that one to death. It's just below Jedward, Louis Walsh, Abba and Eurovision when it comes to his favourite topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Derek Mooney has already done that one to death. It's just below Jedward, Louis Walsh, Abba and Eurovision when it comes to his favourite topics.
    It's one of Noel's favourite topics too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Noel has the same memory as Albert with the suitcase of cash in the diversion of the government jet to make his deposit for his dogfood factory

It's good to see that our current affairs programmes are at the cutting edge of news. Joe Duffy spent most of his show today raking over the Kennedy assassination and now Vinnie is revisiting something that happened 40 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Dorr loves his pomp and circumstance and name dropping, but he doesn't like the hard questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

It's good to see that our current affairs programmes are at the cutting edge of news. Joe Duffy spent most of his show today raking over the Kennedy assassination and now Vinnie is revisiting something that happened 40 years ago.

And something that will happen next April.
    I think Noel wants to go to london with the president.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I bet that hardly anyone in Britain will even notice when Mickey D in in their midst. We really do make a drama out of something thats completely inconsequential

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Noel just can't criticise the British government in any way.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Dorr loves his pomp and circumstance and name dropping, but he doesn't like the hard questions.
    I heard him being interviewed by Marian Finucane a few months ago and it was a soft focus interview too :rolleyes:

I suppose the British might retort by citing the involvement of the Irish government in gun running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

We've been fawning over the Kennedys for the last 12 months now we'll have the same dose of pathetic, forelock tugging nonsense to British royalty for the next six months.
    Grand little outing for Michael D but why do we have to keep behaving like a bunch of 1900s wannabe Brits?

coolhull wrote: »
    I bet that hardly anyone in Britain will even notice when Mickey D in in their midst. We really do make a drama out of something thats completely inconsequential

Spot on. The British couldn't give a shyte either way, while the Irish (as usual) get their knickers in a twist.

Happyman42 wrote: »

I find him disgusting that he could gloss over such tragedies, then again he was well cushioned in those times and continues to be cushioned for the rest of his life. Why put someone like that to talk about something he is so ignorant about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I find him disgusting that he could gloss over such tragedies, then again he was well cushioned in those times and continues to be cushioned for the rest of his life. Why put someone like that to talk about something he is so ignorant about.

You would have thought a researcher might have found out if he was prepared to talk about it first, given it was obviously going to be discussed. I don't know why they distracted him from handing out the Ferrero Rocher :D

Callan57 wrote: »
    Grand little outing for Michael D but why do we have to keep behaving like a bunch of 1900s wannabe Brits?
    It's all about trade, Britain is an important trade partner, 15% of our exports go to the UK.

They could use Leo Varadkar as a waterboy.

It's all about trade, Britain is an important trade partner, 15% of our exports go to the UK.

Trade is there, sending the president to grovel is not going to make any difference. How much will it cost the Irish people for his outfit to have lunch in some chipper in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

A senior member of the Troika has said the better-off sections of Irish society have borne the largest share of the brunt of the bailout programme. Istvan Szekely also told a conference in Dublin.

I expect Vincent Browne to be in denial of this fact..................................!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,761 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Xenophile wrote: »
    A senior member of the Troika has said the better-off sections of Irish society have borne the largest share of the brunt of the bailout programme. Istvan Szekely also told a conference in Dublin.

I expect Vincent Browne to be in denial of this fact..................................!

Did this man provide proof or is it just more waffle to try and make the public believe they are not doing too badly?
    Sounds like more waffle to me.

qanda_yawn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Late start tonight... Boring so far.

So the government lied yet again.

I'm getting tired of this government's spin :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Surely it's a bit rich to announce one budget and then the actual budget is something else entirely. That just bollix

Is Pat Leahy a FG TD?

Is Pat Leahy a FG TD?
    He is a journalist with the Sunday Business Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Why is he defending FG so much?

Sarcasm.

Glebee wrote: »
    Surely it's a bit rich to announce one budget and then the actual budget is something else entirely. That just bollix
    Noonan also told us that only 'gold plated' medical insurance policyholders would be affected by the reduction in tax relief.

It turns out 90% of polcies will be affected :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sarcasm.
    :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement