Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I'm pretty disgusted that top-up's of Management in the Health System are from fund raising.

I'm a fund raiser myself and I had no idea that ever happened.

I agree the timing is politically motivated, but it is still very bad publicity for the likes of the CRC etc...
    Unfortunately a lot of people will pause now before donating money for Cat-scan, MRIs, etc, if they think their hard-earned money is going to well-paid consultants

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

"disappointed"?
    What a prick.
    That man is a clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

coolhull wrote: »
    Unfortunately a lot of people will pause now before donating money for Cat-scan, MRIs, etc, if they think their hard-earned money is going to well-paid consultants

Couldn't agree more coolhull. I hope the cynical spin does not do that. The reality is the publicity of the big earners salary details becoming public and their top-up's will have a massive negative result I fear.

A bit like the way RTE hid the wages of their big earners for a long time....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Couldn't agree more coolhull. I hope the cynical spin does not do that. The reality is the publicity of the big earners salary details becoming public and their top-up's will have a massive negative result I fear.

A bit like the way RTE hid the wages of their big earners for a long time....

And the way "charities" such as Concern, Goal etc hide the massive salary payments to their CEOs.

Callan57 wrote: »
    And the way "charities" such as Concern, Goal etc hide the massive salary payments to their CEOs.

Ain't that the truth.....:(

The GOAL saga of John O'Shea's demise left me disillusioned to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Ain't that the truth.....:(

The GOAL saga of John O'Shea's demise left me disillusioned to say the least.

Not half as disillusioned as his replacement has left me ... another cushy little earnier for a failed FF TD & his mate fixed up in UNICEF :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

delaad wrote: »

And you believe that, when the Troika facilitated the govt in passing off the budget outcome to the the Irish public as only a 2.5bn reduction while presenting the same to "Our European Partners" as a much more ECB-friendly 3.1bn cut?

Like, you trust these people?

As Pat Leahy described it on To Night with Vincent Browne......"Budget Spin".

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The recent Vincent Browne thread has been merged with the existing VB thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Joe Duffy must be very jealous.

Vinny's tie looks like a candy cane

235px-Peppermint_candy_cane_04.jpg

• Advertisement

Vinnie needs to find out the definition of "predecessor".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It takes Vincent Browne yet again to give an alternative to the standard media narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,784 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Had a lecture on Tuesday with Robert Strong, he's pretty good.

Vincie is cranky tonight

coolhull wrote: »
    Vincie is cranky tonight
    He is cranky most nights.

Good man Vinnie. It's about time the myth of JFK was dismantled.

This guy seems to be glossing over the fact that Bootleg Joe was a great admirer of Hitler.

I remember as a child there was a picture at home with John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy and, I think Pope John XX111, and the caption,
    ''Three Men of Peace''

Ah, innocent times!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

That woman doesnt have a clue what she is talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

CHOWDAH!!

Sorry. :o

• Advertisement

Kennedy was more English than Irish. Irish people just can't accept that because he was "Catholic".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Did she say a lot on his plate, like what night can I call to MM when my brothers are not there, the SS tells him nothing.

That woman doesnt have a clue what she is talking about.

A JFK supporter but doesn't know why really, except that he was good or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Sick of this fawing over jfk, he was no great shakes, and vincent is right, he had no interest in Ireland only for votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

was thinking same as vinnie today
    all this eulogising over JFK is a sickener

Diplomacy in my arse. The reason the Cuban Missile Crisis ended was because the US were forced to withdraw their nuclear weapons from Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Ahh he mentioned Ballypooren, and the sacred heart, they still love ye there Ronnie.

Good man Vinnie. It's about time the myth of JFK was dismantled.

Ah, now Harry.........:(

Ted Kennedy had longevity because he avoided getting shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Ted had longevity... lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement