Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Ted Kennedy had longevity because he avoided getting shot.

It's worst you're getting HA.........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

But his mickey ruled.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ted had longevity... lol

The same can't be said for Mary Jo Kopechne........

Aoibhin came across really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Yep, that helps if you want to have a long life. Getting shot is often a setback in that regard. :D

• Advertisement

The statements of the British Army men were startling

Bizarre/honesty to say the least......

Vincent not going there it seems.......Newspaper reviews in the past wouldn't get a look in!....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

That slavery story reminds me yet again how incredibly difficult to understand and strange human beings are.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That Boots Christmas ad, he is out and it is snowing, he comes in out of it and no snow on him.

RobertKK wrote: »
    That Boots Christmas ad, he is out and it is snowing, he comes in out of it and no snow on him.

Ah stop you Grinch...........:P

He buys nice pressies with the best of intentions...........:)

;)

That slavery story reminds me yet again how incredibly difficult to understand and strange human beings are.

True, some people choose to see other people beneath them, in the extreme this leads to treating people like this.

• Advertisement

Ah stop you Grinch...........:P

He buys nice pressies with the best of intentions...........:)

;)

lol

It will be five weeks seeing that error in that ad :pac:

True, some people choose to see other people beneath them, in the extreme this leads to treating people like this.

I have no idea how this can happen....People treated no better than slaves.

Utterly depraved and disgusting.

It's scary that human beings are capable of that.
    Scary that they are the same species as normal people.

I'm still of the opinion (having heard IP a long time past) that IP has been taken over by an Alien being...........

Nothing has changed my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Weren't you comparing gay people to pedofiles before?

Weren't you comparing gay people to pedofiles before?

No, you got the wrong person there.

No, you got the wrong person there.

Sometimes you'd be thankful on this thread you're not on trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Kikin

I am absolutely shocked and disgusted at the inaccuracies regarding snow in the boots ad.

I was brought up by my biological parents who were married and who provided a very stable childhood. The fact they were married and my biological parents it was something that gave one comfort, and they believed in marriage, not the you can get married and then divorced later if you choose.
    If I was back to when I was a child and a same sex couple who were married, looked after me and loved me, I would be denied either a male role model as a parent or a female role model.

We can look at the abuse in the Catholic church, the trust given to it allowed paedophiles abuse the church so it could abuse children and the embarrassment of it allowed wrongful acts to be done which helped to prolong the abuse.
    I can see same sex marriage being used by paedophiles, and just like good priests who were tarnished by the those who did wrong, I think in the future we will see how paedophiles who are mostly men will use same sex marriage as a means to gain access to children.
    We know from experiences within traditional type of marriage that this type of abuse can go on for years for the child within the family setting.
    I think same sex marriage will be abused by paedophiles, the same way they abused the church so they could gain access to children.
    Paedophiles will go to where they can get access and given most paedophiles are men, it would make sense for paedophiles to move to this area of society, because I think it will be extremely unpopular to even suggest this, but in the end it will be the gay community who like the church will end up wrongly with all including the good tarnished by the those who used them to get access to children.
    Lets have same sex marriage so we can give homosexuals a bad name when some use them to do wrong.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/babies-toddlers-becoming-targets-paedophiles/1927425/

btw they were active in gay rights and were in a public campaign "two dads are better than one"

Now they are in jail for 40 years for using their adopted child for paedophilia. If the gay community wants people to use them and abuse their trust then yes gay marriage and adoption makes sense.
    Because their trust will be abused and I know as a church goer, it doesn't do you any good when your local priest who never did wrong is being generalised as a paedophile by people, some you see on boards doing it.
    Men joined the priesthood so to abuse children, they will do the same when they can marry eachother and use that as an access point to having children.

So children are key to the same sex marriage debate, apart from depriving a child of a biological parent. Your honest to good same sex couple will have men who will use same sex marriage for something totally not intended.

There will be no woman with the child when alone with the man as is the case with the rules in the church where a child cannot be alone with the priest, and where women are used as a protection for the child and for the priest from claims of abuse.

Paedophiles used swimming coaching for abuse. There is a gaping hole with same sex marriage and adoption for paedophiles to exploit.
    I'm sorry I had to bring this up and it will be denied, the good same sex couples are going to end up exploited.

This wasn't your post from a couple of weeks Robertkk??

Makes your comment tonight look foolish, it doesn't seem like you practice what your preach.

This wasn't your post from a couple of weeks Robertkk??

Makes your comment tonight look foolish, it doesn't seem like you practice what your preach.

No it doesn't make me look foolish, I said paedophiles will use same sex marriage to adopt children, in the same way paedophiles joined the priesthood to get access to children. Most paedophiles are men, I never said they were gay paedophiles.

I don't think it is in the interest of good same sex couples to be tarnished by paedophiles the same way good priests have been when these scandals emerge in the media.

You take two lines out of a long post to put things out of context.

• Advertisement

Kikin wrote: »
    I am absolutely shocked and disgusted at the inaccuracies regarding snow in the boots ad.

Boots magic snow ad :pac:

No it doesn't make me look foolish, I said paedophiles will use same sex marriage to adopt children, in the same way paedophiles joined the priesthood to get access to children. Most paedophiles are men, I never said they were gay paedophiles.

I don't think it is in the interest of good same sex couples to be tarnished by paedophiles the same way good priests have been when these scandals emerge in the media.

You take two lines out of a long post to put things out of context.

You brought up pedophiles in the context of adoption by a gay male couple and used it as an argument against gay marriage. Absolute rubbish and just thinly veiled homophobia. I ain't getting it into as I debated it with you before and you have a set of views on gay people that I don't agree with.

So yes, your comment tonight makes you look like a hypocrite and your earlier posts on gay marriage makes you look like an idi..

You brought up pedophiles in the context of adoption by a gay male couple and used it as an argument against gay marriage. Absolute rubbish and just thinly veiled homophobia. I ain't getting it into as I debated it with you before and you have a set of views on gay people that I don't agree with.

So yes, your comment tonight makes you look like a hypocrite and your earlier posts on gay marriage makes you look like an idi..

You are the one who brought it up then you say "I ain't getting it into as I debated with you before"

People can decide for themselves rather than you telling them how they should think of me. I don't have a problem with anyone in life.
    You have a problem with me, the people on the forum gets it. You decicded you wanted to have another go at me last night, despite the fact you do not know me in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mod Note:

Lets get back on topic - last night's programme was about John F Kennedy, not adoption.

You are the one who brought it up then you say "I ain't getting it into as I debated with you before"

People can decide for themselves rather than you telling them how they should think of me. I don't have a problem with anyone in life.
    You have a problem with me, the people on the forum gets it. You decicded you wanted to have another go at me last night, despite the fact you do not know me in real life.

Your vile words speak for themselves.

Your vile words speak for themselves.
    Banned for one week for ignoring a Moderator's instruction.

Also, if you have an issue with a post, report it.

Vinny and his panel are discussing tonight's TV3 documentary - Sinn Féin, Who Are They?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I would've preferred if the Healy Rae's were on with Vinnie tonight.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Vinny and his panel are discussing tonight's TV3 documentary - Sinn Féin, Who Are They?

A hape of books under the desk i'd say. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Vincent is in flying form tonight!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement