Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Yer man looks like Joe Brolly's brother.

Would've preferred to have seen Vinnie giving Colm Keavney a proper grilling tonight than listening to this. This thing happened 24 years ago, and the RUC were involved in plenty of collusion against Catholics in Northern Ireland down through the years.

That does not justify the collusion of some Gardaí in the murder of fellow law enforcement officers.

This is a black day for the reputation of the Gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Garda corruption is a very relevant issue as it happens all the time. The Keavney drama is a piece of trivia that means nothing to no one.

They're not discussing corruption; they're discussing collusion, and those were different times.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Harry, Colm Keaveney was interviewed this evening by George Hook (at 5:30ish), I didn't get to hear the interview myself but it should be on Newstalk player if you are interested.

I heard it MrsD. It's well worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

They're not discussing corruption; they're discussing collusion, and those were different times.

Isn't collusion a feature of a corrupt Garda or corrupt force?

The penalty points issue, what happened in Donegal, the Roma case only a few weeks ago. I could go on. The issue of Garda corruption is very relevant as it was then as it is now.

Colm Keaveny thing just seems so trivial in comparison.

Isn't collusion a feature of a corrupt Garda or corrupt force?

The penalty points issue, what happened in Donegal, the Roma case only a few weeks ago. I could go on. The issue of Garda corruption is very relevant as it was then as it is now.

Colm Keaveny thing just seems so trivial in comparison.

They're discussing collusion. Collusion does not necessarily mean corruption.

• Advertisement

Gerard Cunningham was excellent tonight at explaining the significance of today's report.

They're discussing collusion. Collusion does not necessarily mean corruption.

Not necessarily...does that mean it can necessarily or something.

Collusion = corruption.

Not necessarily...does that mean it can necessarily or something.

Collusion = corruption. Period.

Are you the new editor of the OED now?

Keaveny got a mention there for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

John Delaney gets €400,000 :eek:

feargale wrote: »
    Are you?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

The conclusion of the Smithwick seven year investigation, and compare that to Garda investigation into the Dublin and Monaghan bombings which lasted six weeks, gives you a perspective into the way our state treats our citizens, Joe Tiernan makes a connection to the collusion of the state with crown forces. They were not innocent, the Dublin and Monaghan victims were.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    John Delaney gets €400,000 :eek:

But he scores, so I hear.

The conclusion of the Smithwick seven year investigation, and compare that to Garda investigation into the Dublin and Monaghan bombings which lasted six weeks, gives you a perspective into the way our state treats our citizens, Joe Tiernan makes a connection to the collusion of the state with crown forces. They were not innocent, the Dublin and Monaghan victims were.

That's true, but the collusion of Gardai in killing people is something that needs to be investigated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭Good loser

So give the ESB workers what they want! (apparently €1.6 bn top up). He doesn't understand the problem and isn't interested in teasing it out. Otherwise he would have had someone on the panel last night that could explain things.

The Esb workers are the last workforce in this country that needs more. Believe they expect their €400 industrial peace payment before Christmas and the 55% discount on their electricity bills to continue. Plus God knows what else.

That's true, but the collusion of Gardai in killing people is something that needs to be investigated.

When this thing is teased out it will give you an idea of how arrogant these guys were. Travelling in their own car, parking it outside the Garda station travelling back to the North with limited routes to take, to me that is arrogance's. Then again read Joe Tiernan's book. Remember the helicopter crash on the Mull of Kintayer where all the top intelligence and anti terrorists people died, these guys missed the chopper. Black Opps. Read the Tiger, the Beano, Hotspur.

Not this again...

Not this again...

Why not we have the hand wringing of the the posers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

I'm half-expecting a "you can't handle the truth"-type speech from Adams by the end of the week.
    A Jack Nicholson-style "you're Goddamn right i was in the IRA!!".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

That goddamn shinner on the panel justifying the murder of those two policemen, that's one reason why I'll never vote for that lot. The IRA were nothing but gangsters and his weasel words about "people on both sides being caught up in a tragedy" are despicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Justifying murder, SF better sink in the polls after this, their true colours showing again.

That goddamn shinner on the panel justifying the murder of those two policemen, that's one reason why I'll never vote for that lot. The IRA were nothing but gangsters and his weasel words about "people on both sides being caught up in a tragedy" are despicable.

Education is invaluable in understanding what happened.

Northern ireland was a fierce mess, with the collusion that was going on up there.

But two wrongs never made a right.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Adams tries to tell us that the murder of the two RUC men was their own fault, that they were asking for it by not being more safety-conscious. Yeah, they asked to be murdered

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Getting very heated.
    A lot of checking under cars before they go home tonight i'd say. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Padraig is digging a big hole for his party tonight.

Sinn Fein in self destruct mode today.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Education is invaluable in understanding what happened.
    Maybe that's why SF dropping in the opinion polls, because people are being educated

• Advertisement

coolhull wrote: »
    Adams tries to tell us that the murder of the two RUC men was their own fault, that they were asking for it by not being more safety-conscious. Yeah, they asked to be murdered

You may not be aware in those days there was a war going on at the time, maybe you did not know that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement