Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

How do you know?

Because corruption exists as much as it ever did - only now it involves the rich black elites and members of the ANC who abused their positions of power to feather their own nests at the expense of the very people they were supposed to be representing.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

What exactly did he achieve for his people, the new society in South Africa are the wealthy blacks living it up, and the whites living in their compounds, the police force have not changed, and the people Mandela claimed to represent, nothing has changed for them. Big liberator, think about all the miners that were murdered a few months back. Could you please show me evidence of change that this great hero done.

Many of the poorer White South Africans don't even have homes let alone compounds,

http://blogs.reuters.com/photographers-blog/2010/03/26/hardship-deepens-for-south-africas-poor-whites/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Because corruption exists as much as it ever did - only now it involves the rich black elites and members of the ANC who abused their positions of power to feather their own nests at the expense of the very people they were supposed to be representing.

Have you got any links?

The economy isn't the measure for everything. Black people now have equal rights to white people in SA.

• Advertisement

The economy isn't the measure for everything. Black people now have equal rights to white people in SA.

What use is equal rights if the majority of them are still living in abject poverty?

What use is equal rights if the majority of them are still living in abject poverty?

These are two very separate issues.

Are you saying that Apartheid was ok?

No they don't, a black immigrant in SA is the lowest of the low. As Harry says a black corrupt elite has just replaced the white elite.

These are two very separate issues.

Are you saying that Apartheid was ok?

Don't be so facetious. Of course I'm not saying that apartheid was okay. What I'm saying is that the progression of South Africa (or lack of) since the end of apartheid has been a huge disappointment.

Don't be so facetious. Of course I'm not saying that apartheid was okay. What I'm saying is that the progression of South Africa (or lack of) since the end of apartheid has been a huge disappointment.

That's not the way it's coming across.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

To be fair, reading through the overwhelmingly negative comments about Nelson Mandela on this thread, you could be forgiven for thinking that some people here are on the... very... far-right of the political spectrum. I get the impression that, in their attempts to display their anti-left credentials, they don't realise just how obnoxiously right-wing they appear.

I think CorsendonkX sneering remarks about the Dunnes Stores workers, who went on strike in solidarity with the the victims of apartheid, were a particularly cretinous example of someone attempting to appear as oh-so-right-wing as possible.

That's not the way it's coming across.

Coming across to whom?

RayM wrote: »
    To be fair, reading through the overwhelmingly negative comments about Nelson Mandela on this thread, you could be forgiven for thinking that some people here are on the... very... far-right of the political spectrum. I get the impression that some people, in their attempts to display their anti-left credentials, don't realise just how obnoxiously right-wing they appear.

I think CorsendonkX sneering remarks about the Dunnes Stores workers, who went on strike in solidarity with the the victims of apartheid, were a particularly cretinous example of someone attempting to appear as oh-so-right-wing as possible.

No Ray, I think Mandela's heart was in the right place. He was a good man. It's the others who have come after him, such as gross incompetents like Tabo Mbeki who are responsible for the current situation in South Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Poor woman, that was terrible what happened her, the bite on her shoulder was bad.

Vinnie launching yet another crusade against the Guards. Pity he doesn't have much to say about the shenanigans at the CRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Vinnie launching yet another crusade against the Guards. Pity he doesn't have much to say about the shenanigans at the CRC.

You are missing the point, who did he know, or what connections did he have.

A crusade is a bit of a stretch!

Is all your arguments based on whataboutyourery?

A crusade is a bit of a stretch!

Is all your arguments based on whataboutyourery?

Ah it's yourself again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This country is rotten to the core I'm afraid

You are missing the point, who did he know, or what connections did he have.

Seems like incompetence.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 whiskey_bottle

so a woman dies due to AGS incompetence and you want no one to raise a whimper about it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Seems like incompetence.

No that doesn't wash. Connections political or other is the reason. Did Kathleen Lynch apologize to the victim in the perverted Lord Mayor case, over her support for the pervert.

so a woman dies due to AGS incompetence and you want no one to raise a whimper about it :rolleyes:

Nice first post.

No that doesn't wash. Connections political or other is the reason. Did Kathleen Lynch apologize to the victim in the perverted Lord Mayor case, over her support for the pervert.

I wouldn't place much store in anything Kathleen Lynch says or does. I have very little respect for her.

Nice first post.

even nicer glib reply

even nicer glib reply

Thanks.

why not address the ball rather than the man

unconditional love for AGS helps no one

why not address the ball rather than the man

unconditional love for AGS helps no one

He's a Garda lover - doesn't like any Garda criticism.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Are there no ad breaks tonight ?

Fúck the Guards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement