Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

vicwatson wrote: »
    Complete bizarre incident in Woolwich, London today, nuts altogether

You'll have that when you get religious nuts shouting and mouthing. Time for the cops to crack heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Let Ryan go to the BBC.

Been away for awhile, have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

darkhorse wrote: »
    Been away for awhile, have you?

Let him go for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MrsD007 wrote: »
    He's retired from RTE though.

Having said that, there are lots of people who are supposed to be retired from RTE who still do some work for them.

Far too many :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Can I ask why that Vinny B has gone back to the old studio again? Is there cutbacks in TV3 or what?

I was very disappointed that it was gone back to the old ways last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭chinwag

Can I ask why that Vinny B has gone back to the old studio again? Is there cutbacks in TV3 or what?

I was very disappointed that it was gone back to the old ways last night.

Vinny mentioned earlier this week that they were back in the old studio for two weeks, think he said they were doing some work on new studio at the moment.

I'm not that keen on the new set-up for papers review.

Minister for Justice Alan Shatter is expected to issue a statement later today about issues raised in the Dáil by Independent TD Mattie McGrath.

During Leaders' Questions, Mr McGrath asked the Tánaiste if he or the Taoiseach were aware if Minister Shatter had been stopped at a garda checkpoint before his appointment as minister.

He asked if they were aware if Mr Shatter had been stopped by gardaí and asked to supply a breath test back in 2011.

Mr McGrath asked whether Mr Shatter had told gardaí he was on his way from the Dáil, whether his response had been appropriate and cordial, and if the garda had exercised his discretion in the matter.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0523/452129-alan-shatter/

Shatter in some more trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

vicwatson wrote: »
    Jon Anon is gonna hit us with a killer punch here soon, Roll on 1 JA, Roll on 1

Seems like I missed a good show.. My bband was down last nite, so I didnt bother watching.. As the show is no fun (for a curmudgeon like me) unless I have somewhere to give out about it.. I tried giving out to the neighbour's dog, but he fekd off.
    Whenever Derek Davis stood in for Joe Duffy on Liveline, he always managed to turn any topic into a conversation about either fishing or food :D

"I'm the finest".. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I wanted to kiss Mattie McGrath for asking that question :D

Shatter-gate continues.........

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Shatter-gate continues.........
    Its turning into a case of the kettle calling the pot black;)

• Advertisement

Have we any decent politicians at all?
    Even one - of any party ?
    Anyone trustworthy who would deserve a vote and act in a proper manner?
    Can't think of any myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

If you wore your odd boots as well, that would really make his day..

Shatter failed to complete garda breathalyser test because he was asthmatic

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/shatter-failed-to-complete-garda-breathalyser-test-because-he-was-asthmatic-29291736.html

I must remember that excuse for the future :rolleyes: I think that the immunity TDs get from motoring offences when they're travelling to or from the Dáil needs to be put to an end ASAP.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/shatter-failed-to-complete-garda-breathalyser-test-because-he-was-asthmatic-29291736.html

I must remember that excuse for the future :rolleyes: I think that the immunity TDs get from motoring offences when they're travelling to or from the Dáil needs to be put to an end ASAP.

Same with people driving cars with CD on them.
    If it's good enough for us it's good enough for diplomats.

Asthma. I haven't heard that one before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Asthma. I haven't heard that one before.

I find it hard to do a breathaliser due to this. I need to get out of the car to do it.

I find it hard to do a breathaliser due to this. I need to get out of the car to do it.
    Yes, but the Garda didn't wave you on, he/she still made you do the test.
    Shatter Statement

“I did so but failed to fully complete the task due to my being asthmatic. I explained this to the Garda. I also explained that I was on my way home from Dáil Éireann and that I had consumed no alcohol of any nature that day. The Garda consulted with another Garda and I was waved on,” he said.

He was on his way home from the Dáil so surely there was plenty of time to do a test :confused: Mr. Shatter did say that he didn't have any alcohol that day and I'm sure he probably didn't but why would a Garda take his word for that when it's unlikely that he/she would accept that excuse from a regular motorist.

Unlike many of us, Mr. Shatter's work place actually has a bar where drink is served all day.

Didn't Claire Daly get taken away in hand cuffs?

Didn't Claire Daly get taken away in hand cuffs?
    She was indeed and here's what she said about it
    At the time Daly said she was surprised that the details of her arrest were leaked to the media so quickly and in a statement today she said she feels that the incident was a “deliberate attempt to discredit a left-wing TD who has raised issues of malpractice within the Garda Síochana”.

http://www.thejournal.ie/clare-daly-drink-driving-787997-Feb2013/

It looks like someone wanted to make an example of her :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

It was always my understanding that if someone couldn't use the breathylyser for some reason, they would be required to provide a blood sample instead.
    Of course, I'm speaking of ordinary mortals like you and me. The Masters of the Universe are in a different category

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Have we any decent politicians at all?
    Even one - of any party ?
    Anyone trustworthy who would deserve a vote and act in a proper manner?
    Can't think of any myself.

Thanks to the people of ME, we didn't yet get a chance to find out.

A texter on The Late Debate complemented Alan Shatter for attending a tobacco meeting today with his asthma.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Mr. Shatter did say that he didn't have any alcohol that day and I'm sure he probably didn't but why would a Garda take his word for that when it's unlikely that he/she would accept that excuse from a regular motorist.

It's up there with the Garda Commissioner saying that although he was breaking the speed limit, he was driving very carefully :)

Mrs. Shatter picked up a one year ban for drink driving back in 2011 :eek:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/shatters-wife-in-drinkdriving-ban-26709770.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Oh Beaker. Here we go

Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee - John 'Andrex, Kittensoft, Inversoft' McGuiness :rolleyes:

Hitchens wrote: »
    It's up there with the Garda Commissioner saying that although he was breaking the speed limit, he was driving very carefully :)

I received 2 penalty points and an 80 euro fine for doing 57 in a 50. Now that's very little over but enough to get you done.
    I paid my fine and took my 2 points like a man.
    I could have said I received an urgent phone call, a cigarette fell in my lap and my foot hit the accelerator, the sign was covered by branches or any other silly excuse. I didn't.
    Coming from the Dail, going to an urgent meeting but driving carefully are silly excuses.
    There should be NO EXCUSE. Nobody should be exempt.

Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee - John 'Andrex, Kittensoft, Inversoft' McGuiness :rolleyes:

Mrs Shatter could have done with some of this when arrested for drink driving ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I hope Mattie has evidence to back up his statement about Shatter not being '' cordial'' to the garda involved.
    That would be interesting

• Advertisement

I received 2 penalty points and an 80 euro fine for doing 57 in a 50. Now that's very little over but enough to get you done.
    I paid my fine and took my 2 points like a man.
    I could have said I received an urgent phone call, a cigarette fell in my lap and my foot hit the accelerator, the sign was covered by branches or any other silly excuse. I didn't.
    Coming from the Dail, going to an urgent meeting but driving carefully are silly excuses.
    There should be NO EXCUSE. Nobody should be exempt.

Agree 100%

This archaic law about tds being exempt from normal driving laws to and from the dail is balls too, that law was introduced during civil war times and it should have been revoked years and years and years ago.

A joke

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement