Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

vicwatson wrote: »
    The public have a right to know what's going on here, simples.

That Martin Callinan is one smug git I tell ya.

Looking forward to Oireachtas tv next Thursday !

Well, he is the head of the smuggest organisation in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

What did Bono do to Vinny? :) (that's not a joke btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    What did Bono do to Vinny? :) (that's not a joke btw)

Why dose everyone go to the puke bowl when the little runt appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

coolhull wrote: »
    WHAT? :D

Whistleblower on next Thursday:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Scratch that looks like it'll be private session

• Advertisement

Scratch that looks like it'll be private session

Sounds kinky. Would it be like a pole dancing club.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,938 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wonder are these whistleblowers genuinely concerned or is it payback for not getting a promotion?
    I'd love to know a bit more about these cases. Hope the truth comes out eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Declan Ganley.
    Maybe he'll let us know what Lucinda and co are up to.

Declan Ganley.
    Maybe he'll let us know what Lucinda and co are up to.
    Loose lips does not know where she is going herself.

"Improval".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Where were all the Shinner TD's tonight? They had to get a councillor who looks like he's got school tomorrow.

Who is Thomas Byrne's stylist.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Do you mean Paddy Maloney,(yer many from the Chieftans). :D

I wonder what Ganley would be like in politics.
    Couldn't be worse than the crowd at the moment.
    He speaks a lot of sense but you wonder how self-serving it is.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Do you mean Paddy Maloney,(yer many from the Chieftans). :D

Ganly talking about printing money, he should call Sean Garland or Gimmermore.

It's strange that the only people who know how to run the country never get elected. Take taxi drivers for example................:rolleyes:

Love Ganley's bemused look at Vinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

There's a dangerous prediction.

100%.

Ganley's ideas are an incoherent mess. He's a euroskeptic eurofederalist, a theocratic libertarian, a man-of-the-people plutocrat, a more-Irish-than-thou Englishman, and he's had more "farewell tours" than Status Quo at this point. He shamelessly tells people what they want to hear, and seems to have no immutable ideals other than "it's all about me". It's the logical conclusion of "say no to everything" politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,410 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

A rhino horn?

Where were all the Shinner TD's tonight? They had to get a councillor who looks like he's got school tomorrow.

Got to blood a fresh batch of "cleanskins" ahead of the next electoral cycle, I guess.

• Advertisement

A rhino horn?

No doubt, it will be found along with Lisa Murphy's ring.........;)

Callan57 wrote: »
    Listening to him today was like listening to a RC cardinal during the abuse scandals - circle the wagons, defend the institution & do your best to discredit the complainant. Déjà vu :rolleyes:

Funnily enough just before I read that comment I was already imagining him saying "Now that we have the Commissionership, let us enjoy it." Seemed to have an amazing air of complacency and unaccountability about him.

alaimacerc wrote: »

100%.

Ganley's ideas are an incoherent mess. He's a euroskeptic eurofederalist, a theocratic libertarian, a man-of-the-people plutocrat, a more-Irish-than-thou Englishman, and he's had more "farewell tours" than Status Quo at this point. He shamelessly tells people what they want to hear, and seems to have no immutable ideals other than "it's all about me". It's the logical conclusion of "say no to everything" politics.

I agree with a lot of that. Maybe that's it, he's a curiosity and as you say contradictory (different from most of the characters in politics). Just wondering what he'd be like in politics. Maybe it is a case of careful what you wish for.

I agree with a lot of that. Maybe that's it, he's a curiosity and as you say contradictory (different from most of the characters in politics). Just wondering what he'd be like in politics.
    I think he's already "in politics" by any reasonable definition. Just not "full time", not "in the Dail". (shudder!) He's doing it on a "rich man's plaything/hobby" basis (at the moment).
    Maybe it is a case of careful what you wish for.

More like a case of, what a waste of even the most carelessly reckless of wishes. :) At least go with something that sounds like fun, before the genie screws you over in a heavy-handedly "dramatically ironic" manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,938 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

alaimacerc wrote: »

100%.

I liked his statement "we borrowed to pay back the money we didn't borrow" though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Vinny gave the SF young fella an easy ride, I was hoping he would open up on him and give him a baptism of fire :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Louise O'Keeffe's case will be discussed tonight after winning her landmark Judgement today in the European Court of Human Rights.

A Mighty Woman.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/ruling-means-children-must-be-protected-in-schools-1.1670605

I liked his statement "we borrowed to pay back the money we didn't borrow" though.

Very good I'm sure, he had minions sweating over that for hours, I imagine. Not to mention six years of similar mood music from both wings of opportunist to craft and polish the slogans.

Given a choice between said groups, I think the left wing of the "burn the bondholders" shower has a fundamental "down with this sort of thing" credibility that the right wing utterly lacks. "We're utterly opposed to public subsidies to the fat cats, except where the fat cats are us, and we only believe in 'picking winners' when we can do it in smug hindsight."

This case tonight reminds me of the way the State refutes everything that may cost them money to the way Hospitals do until they are dragged by the teeth through the Court System and ultimately have to pay without "Admitting Liability"...

• Advertisement

It's pretty galling to think the State would argue in favour of an abuser.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement