Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I hope the people of the Northside of Cork city are watching this filibustering FG spoofer tonight :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

coolhull wrote: »
    I hope Mattie has evidence to back up his statement about Shatter not being '' cordial'' to the garda involved.
    That would be interesting
    Mattie was covered by Dáil privilege today so he could have said whatever he wanted. However, he asked very precise questions, I'm confident he already knows the answers and he has plenty of info ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

I hope poor old mattie never upset any guard in the country or broke any law.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Mattie was covered by Dáil privilege today so he could have said whatever he wanted. However, it was clear that asked very precise questions, I'm confident he already knows the answers and he has plenty of info ;)

They always hold a little back. Insurance or a little lure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I've never heard of or seen the FG guy ever before. All these backbenchers are pointless.

• Advertisement

jjf1974 wrote: »

I'm sure Shatter will let us know soon enough.

jjf1974 wrote: »
    I reckon there is no fear of Mattie because the vast majority of Gardaí will be delighted to see Shatter in trouble.

There is no love for Shatter within the Gardaí. He wouldn't have won too many brownie points last week when he blamed the Garda Commissioner for giving him info on Mick Wallace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Vinnie is in a foul mood tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Fionnán Sheehan is such a stroppy, belligerent, ill humoured twat... You'd wonder why anybody, other than Averadill, listens to him any more.

I'm sure Shatter will let us know soon enough.
    Tune into Primetime next week ;)

• Advertisement

Ask him about the toilet paper FFS.

That whole Apple thing is rotten to the core.. :)

I reckon there is no fear of Mattie because the vast majority of Gardaí will be delighted to see Shatter in trouble.

There is no love for Shatter within the Gardaí. He wouldn't have won too many brownie points last week when he blamed the Garda Commissioner for giving him info on Mick Wallace.

Agree.
    Shatter even tried to rile the Garda by saying it was a good job he didn't take his wife to the Garda Conference when the 4 walked out.
    I spoke to a Garda during a game of golf a week or two ago. He stated that no Minister ever took his wife to a Garda conference before. Why would a Minister's wife even want to go to one and hear a list of complaints and grievances?
    Shatter was clearly trying to score points against the Garda union.

Fionnán Sheehan is such a stroppy, belligerent, ill humoured twat... You'd wonder why anybody, other than Averadill, listens to him any more.
    He sits there frowning and making faces like a spoiled child:mad:

Vinnie is the only one who can make Beaker laugh :D

15 years of opposition on the way for Fine Gael after 2016!

I wish they'd move on to the Mattie/Shatter matter :mad:

15 years of opposition on the way for Fine Gael after 2016!
    Yeah!

And Labour will go the same way as the Greens and the PDs.

Shatter even tried to rile the Garda by saying it was a good job he didn't take his wife to the Garda Conference when the 4 walked out.

The Guards really come out of this very badly... I think it's very apparent that Gardaí really dont put any importance on keeping information about Irish citizens secure.. And given that it was no doubt a guard that told Mattie about stopping him at a checkpoint a few years ago, I wonder how quick Alan Shatter will be to stand up and defend the honour of the Gardaí in the future.

Yeah!

And Labour will go the same way as the Greens and the PDs.

.......and FF and SF will take over

• Advertisement

Hitchens wrote: »
    I wish they'd move on to the Mattie/Shatter matter :mad:
    Me too! Shatter-Gate is better than a soap opera.

Mattie made my day today, I've a new found respect for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Vinnie is in a foul mood tonight :D
    He is getting more and more irrational by the week. Instead of chairing the debate, he just uses the show as an opportunity to expound his own political views, some of which are more bizarre that those of Ming Flannigan.

John McGuinness annoyed with Fionan because the Indo exposed that his son got a whole load of overtime while working for him when he was a junior minister.

The Cork lad's performance was seriously cringey :o

Mattie is loved by his own people in South Tipp :P

Shatter-gate is a bit like an episode of Dallas where J.R. would keep digging up /making up dirt on anybody that got on the wrong side of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

And Lowry is loved by the people of North Tipp.....and your point is:confused:

Roger_007 wrote: »
    And Lowry is loved by the people of North Tipp.....and your point is:confused:

he's likeable :rolleyes:

Tipperary has certainly given us some interesting politicians .....

Michael Lowry - Tipp North :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The Guards really come out of this very badly... I think it's very apparent that Gardaí really dont put any importance on keeping information about Irish citizens secure.. And given that it was no doubt a guard that told Mattie about stopping him at a checkpoint a few years ago, I wonder how quick Alan Shatter will be to stand up and defend the honour of the Gardaí in the future.

Until they stop making the Garda Commissioner a political appointment things won't change.
    Shatter only praises the Garda when there is something in it for him.
    He won't even allow the Garda minding his home to use his toilet. Read that somewhere recently. How can you expect someone to mind your home and do without a toilet break?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement