Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Even if u agreed with the tripe this paddy guy is spouting, his affect and aggressive attitude would make him utterly unlikeable! What an odious individual !

He's gone down the troll avenue one feels.

The Iona members hiding behind their solicitor again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

This guy is a buffoon.

Who is he? I only got the end of it. Glad I did'nt have to listen to a lot of him:).

Lapin wrote: »
    I'm intolerant towards the bullshít that eminates from both sides everytime the 'issue' comes up.

So are most of the gay people I know.

Sick to the back teeth with the whole shebang.

What bull**** comes from the side that favours same sex marriage?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Did I hear correctly that the Anglo trial is going to be streamed live........to where? Can we all watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Death threats against that man is very nasty, that is something that no sane person would agree with no matter which side they were on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Why was panti on the stage of the theatre, must have been invited?

Death threats against that man is very nasty, that is something that no sane person would agree with no matter which side they were on.

Do you actually believe him?

Do you actually believe him?

Why would he lie, he said it is on twitter and if so would you not condemn it?

Why would he lie, he said it is on twitter and if so would you not condemn it?

Of course yes if it's true.

He seemed to be using it to pillory the other side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

nudger wrote: »
    Why was panti on the stage of the theatre, must have been invited?
    Somebody was invited on at the finish of the play every night to perform a Noble Call.
    Very powerful to hear it live and brave of the Abbey (our national theatre) to give a platform when our national broadcaster bottled it, paid the money and is still running from this, now international story.

• Advertisement

Of course yes if it's true.

He seemed to be using it to pillory the other side.

Good, it is disgusting and a nasty thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

If he's telling the truth about receiving death threats, he should report them to the Gardai, rather than using them as a stick to beat the other side with. It seems quite common amongst those on the far-right to claim, without providing any evidence or examples, that they're receiving a barrage of abuse on Twitter. On the Saturday Night Show, Susan Philips claimed that she receives abuse directed towards her Twitter account whenever she appears on television. A quick search on Twitter shows that she has made very few tweets and very few people have actually said anything to her.

RayM wrote: »
    If he's telling the truth about receiving death threats, he should report them to the Gardai, rather than using them as a stick to beat the other side with. It seems quite common amongst those on the far-right to claim, without providing any evidence or examples, that they're receiving a barrage of abuse on Twitter. On the Saturday Night Show, Susan Philips claimed that she receives abuse directed towards her Twitter account whenever she appears on television. A quick search on Twitter shows that she has made very few tweets and very few people have actually said anything to her.

I don't know, not on twitter or facebook and it seems a crazy thing to say if there wasn't some truth in it.

I don't know, not on twitter or facebook and it seems a crazy thing to say if there wasn't some truth in it.

Or if you're losing the debate, throw out the "death threat" line..it's a common debating technique.

Or if you're losing the debate, throw out the "death threat" line..it's a common debating technique.

I have never seen a debate where somebody would claim death threats when losing a debate, but you seemed to have come across it before.

It's a strange thing to say especially when it happened on twitter.

Brushing aside Rory's experience of abuse and then getting upset about his own on Twitter...what a twit!

I have never seen a debate where somebody would claim death threats when losing a debate, but you seemed to have come across it before.

It's a strange thing to say especially when it happened on twitter.

The Catholic die hards use it all the time. I'm not disputing that it may happen, there is always eijets, but they seem to use it to bolster their argument and to get sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Shorthall Bolli(ks. Alcohol is not the main reason for suicide. The economy and the pensions you, and the parasites like you that are ripping off the countries finances.

Alcohol is a significant factor. Whether it is the main reason or a minor one matters little to suicides or potential suicides. Shining the spotlight on what are undoubtedly other significant factors, in an effort to deflect attention from the link between suicide and alcohol, won't solve anyone's problems . What about? What about? Whataboutery!

feargale wrote: »
    Alcohol is a significant factor.

Are there figures to show this or is it just guessing?
    I have been close to two suicides of young men in the last 15 years and in one the reason it was an inabillity to come to terms with his sexuality and highly likely in the other as there was no alcohol abuse.
    Quite shocking that societal pressures would cause young otherwise vibrant men to take such a lethal decision. Homophobia is still having lethal consequences in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Cork flooded again. This has been happening for as long as I can remember. When you build a city on a river bank, you're going to get flooded sooner or later!

Worse, Cork is built on a marsh - that's what corcach means

• Advertisement

goose2005 wrote: »
    Worse, Cork is built on a marsh - that's what corcach means

This flooding was well flagged and warned about and I seen at least one business owner interviewed who was moving uninsurable stock up above harms way, yet there are loads of photos of shops with stock floating and submerged in water. Hard to have sympathy for what seems like laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Happyman42 wrote: »
    This flooding was well flagged and warned about and I seen at least one business owner interviewed who was moving uninsurable stock up above harms way, yet there are loads of photos of shops with stock floating and submerged in water. Hard to have sympathy for what seems like laziness.

For some, it might be an efficient manner to convert hard to move stock into cold hard insurance compo cash. Or is that just a tad cynical?

Marcusm wrote: »
    For some, it might be an efficient manner to convert hard to move stock into cold hard insurance compo cash. Or is that just a tad cynical?

That will be 85,000 please.

signed
    Waters Electrical, Cork. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

This RCC abuse stuff, while important, is so, so depressing.

This priest never bothered to read the report. It shows his priorities.

Isn't it curious that the UN has castigated the Catholic Church, (and rightly so), but has never condemned Islam for it's condoning of barbarous treatment of women who transgress its rules, ( stoning to death for adultery for example).

Isn't it curious that the UN has castigated the Catholic Church, (and rightly so), but has never condemned Islam for it's condoning of barbarous treatment of women who transgress its rules, ( stoning to death for adultery for example).

Or they never criticise US foreign policy.

But that's another days work.

Irish priests seem to be distancing themselves from the Vatican lately. It's all a media mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Whataboutary, like the coalition excusing their behavior because of the previous government. Bullocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Or they never criticise US foreign policy.

But that's another days work.

Irish priests seem to be distancing themselves from the Vatican lately. It's all a media mask.

Gilmore has that all sorted out for the local/eu elections.

• Advertisement

Whataboutary, like the coalition excusing their behavior because of the previous government. Bullocks.

Not whataboutary. I agree with the UN condemning the Catholic Church, I applaud them for doing so. I just want them to take on Islam as well in respect of some of their rules and practices. But I'm not holding my breath!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement