Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

What's the story if you wanted to view the proceedings of this case.
    Is there any hope of getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

What's the story if you wanted to view the proceedings of this case.
    Is there any hope of getting in.

There is a public gallery, but you'd want to get there early. I would go in a few weeks when the case goes out of the headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Isn't it curious that the UN has castigated the Catholic Church, (and rightly so), but has never condemned Islam for it's condoning of barbarous treatment of women who transgress its rules, ( stoning to death for adultery for example).

On the basis of 60s googling (on a dodgy DSL connection that keeps crashing):

Saudi 'torture' condemned by UN

But if it's "rightly so", why exactly what-abouting? (In the traditional trifecta of: wrongly, off-topicly, and with every appearance of minimising the matter at hand.)

Mail doing its best to get the three lads off through media prejudice.

Fiach's back.
    And still no sign of Fionnan.
    Vinny really sticking the boot in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

alaimacerc wrote: »
    On the basis of 60s googling (on a dodgy DSL connection that keeps crashing):

Saudi 'torture' condemned by UN

But if it's "rightly so", why exactly what-abouting? (In the traditional trifecta of: wrongly, off-topicly, and with every appearance of minimising the matter at hand.)

The UN has never condemned Islam for its attitudes; it has condemned Islamic States who implement Sharia law, not Islam itself where Sharia law comes from!

Is there a cure for VERBAL premature ejaculation?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

John Paul 2 being made a saint in April!

John Paul 2 being made a saint in April!

Sure isn't it the least they could do for a man who presided over the covering up of the abuse of children. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

John Paul 2 being made a saint in April![/QUOTE

Big deal when I was young, (many many years ago) there was an auld man who used to help people on the bus and carry their shopping for them, he was called an auld saint. Some people says he done it to be helpful, but it was only women he helped, they used to say if it was a man he would have left him lying on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Whataboutary, like the coalition excusing their behavior because of the previous government. Bullocks.

Aren't you missing what Roger put in brackets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

feargale wrote: »
    Aren't you missing what Roger put in brackets?

No, today hopefully it's a big challenge to the perverts in the dresses, nothing should be posted to deflect them from their guilt. The Popes have overseen this situation and promoted the sickest bunch of perverts to top positions. Now we have a real friendly guy, smiling and kissing kids as if nothing has happened.
    The Islamic situation is for another day. Keep up the pressure on the situation at hand. No offence to Roger.

No, today hopefully it's a big challenge to the perverts in the dresses, nothing should be posted to deflect them from their guilt. The Popes have overseen this situation and promoted the sickest bunch of perverts to top positions. Now we have a real friendly guy, smiling and kissing kids as if nothing has happened.
    The Islamic situation is for another day. Keep up the pressure on the situation at hand. No offence to Roger.

No offence taken. All the major monotheistic religions have a lot to answer for. They regard their beliefs as superior to commonly accepted human rights. That is the root of the problem.

The UN has never condemned Islam for its attitudes; it has condemned Islamic States who implement Sharia law, not Islam itself where Sharia law comes from!

Do you get the bit that the United Nations is an organisation of states? Hence it issues reports on conditions in said states, not on The Thoughts In Its Head. Noticed what the subject and recipient of this report is? (Hint: not "Catholicism" in the abstract.)

Not to mention that interpretations and implementations of Islamic law vary hugely, so such a blanket condemnation as you appear to be awaiting.

Sam on duty tonight......ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Who is the Minister for Flooding?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Who is the Minister for Flooding?

That would probably be Big Phil. So we can relax, everything is in good hands :rolleyes:

coolhull wrote: »
    That would probably be Big Phil. So we can relax, everything is in good hands :rolleyes:

I will sleep easier in my bed tonight..........not.:eek:

This thread very quiet tonight. Has Sammy sent everyone off to sleep?
    Mind you, the fact that the guests are Joan Colins, the redheaded fella from FF, and Dominic Henneghan (who?) probably has something to do with that.....

This thread very quiet tonight. Has Sammy sent everyone off to sleep?
    Mind you, the fact that the guests are Joan Colins, the redheaded fella from FF, and Dominic Henneghan (who?) probably has something to do with that.....

I think you've sussed the problem.........a right boring bunch, the lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You're wrong. Big Phil is the Minister for finding out new ways to get money off people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

At the rate he's going, Garth might as well buy a house and settle down here. Oh, no, I forgot, then he'd have to pay property tax and water rates......Phil's still on a winner.

I like SS on the TV in small doses. As a host, though, he's dry to the point of making me feel like I'm nodding off. And I had an excessively long lie in, today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Its actually mentally draining to watch Sam smyth attempt to present this show! Vinny is no wordsmith but he's a silver tongued devil compared to Sam!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

No Vinnie again tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Arghhh! I was looking forward to the show tonight but it's Sam. :(
    Doubt I'll last 10 mins.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Arghhh! I was looking forward to the show tonight but it's Sam. :(
    Doubt I'll last 10 mins.

No need for sleeping pills when Sam is around.

• Advertisement

I wonder who could be bugging the Garda Ombudsman? :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement