Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Nothing sad about that comment.#
    They are now trying to be the law and order party but can't answer the simple questions as Vinny proved just now.
    Can't blame them for trying though.

Don't you think the focus should be on the Parties that actually are pretending to be for Law and Order.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Why do academics always look the same? I bet this guy has leather patches on the elbows of his jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Nothing sad about that comment.#
    They are now trying to be the law and order party but can't answer the simple questions as Vinny proved just now.
    Can't blame them for trying though.

The war is over some time ago, are you like VB and are still clinging to the past.
    Move on if you are capable of doing so, or stay with the bigoted past.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Don't you think the focus should be on the Parties that actually are pretending to be for Law and Order.

I think all parties should be asked the difficult questions.
    They all deserve them.
    Don't like any of them in truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Why do academics always look the same? I bet this guy has leather patches on the elbows of his jacket.

I'll have you know Harry, It was/is the height of fashion for some of us oldies..:P

• Advertisement

The war is over some time ago, are you like VB and are still clinging to the past.
    Move on if you are capable of doing so, or stay with the bigoted past.

Ooohh, someone hurting?

I think all parties should be asked the difficult questions.
    They all deserve them.
    Don't like any of them in truth.

He answered the question, he just didn't give the answer Vincent wanted.

I was starting to feel sorry for Mary, it looked like she mightn't have gotten a word in.

He answered the question, he just didn't give the answer Vincent wanted.

He answered nothing. He spluttered and stumbled hoping someone else would speak up and save him. They never answer that hard question.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Crass headline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

"Who do you support? Mark likes Israel, I'm Palestine. Makes it more interesting when you a pick a side"

So Reilly is going to deduct money from people's welfare to pay for their healthcare? :rolleyes:
    Typical Fine Gael policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

I don't like this guy in the middle.
    Dunno why, just don't like him.

He answered nothing. He spluttered and stumbled hoping someone else would speak up and save him. They never answer that hard question.

No doubt, he was suprised at the question, but he did answer, several times.

So Reilly is going to deduct money from people's welfare to pay for their healthcare? :rolleyes:
    Typical Fine Gael policy.

These lads must sit up all night thinking of new ways to relieve people of money.

Ooohh, someone hurting?

Certainly not, just disgusted that a journalist of VB,(used to be decent) qualities, could try and derail a program to score cheap political points. That is what has held this country back for years, cheap parish pump politicians and their hangers on.

No doubt, he was suprised at the question, but he did answer, several times.

In a nonsensical fashion.
    None of the SF reps answer that question with a yes or no. ever.

Certainly not, just disgusted that a journalist of VB,(used to be decent) qualities, could try and derail a program to score cheap political points. That is what has held this country back for years, cheap parish pump politicians and their hangers on.

The SF party really need to sit down and decide on a way to answer that question.
    It has been asked of them often enough and they stutter around an answer all the time.
    Vinny has often stumped them with that same question.

In a nonsensical fashion.
    None of the SF reps answer that question with a yes or no. ever.

Because there is no Yes or No answer maybe? Obviously some SF members would condem and others wouldn't. The context is everything.

Woud Callinan be asked to condemm what happened when Guards didn't do their jobs and what would his condemnation mean to those who suffered anyway...diddly squat. The politics of condemnation are deeply useless and always where.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

The ads were on, so I went for a p1ss; came back and the program was over.....how did that happen?

• Advertisement

The SF party really need to sit down and decide on a way to answer that question.
    It has been asked of them often enough and they stutter around an answer all the time.
    Vinny has often stumped them with that same question.

It's designed to stump. Enda must be a hero of yours, perhaps if he had answered a few questions in the Dail from SF the Gardai wouldn't be in crisis.

Because there is no Yes or No answer maybe? Obviously some SF members would condem and others wouldn't. The context is everything.

Woud Callinan be asked to condemm what happened when Guards didn't do their jobs and what would his condemnation mean to those who suffered anyway...diddly squat. The politics of condemnation are deeply useless and always where.

Surely the party should have an official line?

I don't know anything about Callinan except that he's too close to the minister.

It's designed to stump. Enda must be a hero of yours, perhaps if he had answered a few questions in the Dail from SF the Gardai wouldn't be in crisis.

Ah the old "throw the insult out" and try to deflect.
    I have no time for Enda as my posting history will prove.

Surely the party should have an official line?

You heard it several times, you just didn't want to listen to it because it wasn't the one you wanted.

Ah the old "throw the insult out" and try to deflect.
    I have no time for Enda as my posting history will prove.

Do you think he does his office any credit when he resorts to the Vinny badgering in the Dail ad nauseum? SF have a direct mandate to be there asking questions on behalf of those who voted for them.

You heard it several times, you just didn't want to listen to it because it wasn't the one you wanted.

Ah no.
    I heard the same old gibberish about a dirty war etc etc.
    It's time they moved into the present and had a specific answer instead of leaving themselves wide open to ridicule and sniggers like they got tonight.
    Seriously.

Your man sounded like some of the Govt ministers regarding the bugging allegations.

Where would he start.
    Heavy Gang.
    Kerry babies
    Sallins
    Fingerprint saga
    Abbylara
    Billyhill Orange lodge.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&ved=0CHIQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.politico.ie%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D5712%3Athe-garda-scandals-the-evidence-noonan-ignores&ei=IZgGU4GlKafD7Aau24HQBQ&usg=AFQjCNG5be0aRUJ6Mr4NqxUNxZn5aVbUvQ&bvm=bv.61725948,d.ZGU

It's time they moved into the present

Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!! Good one.

Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!! Good one.

Don't be stuck.
    I have loads of them.:D

• Advertisement

Heavy Gang.

They are one of the reasons that bitterness and enmity developed between Gardai and the IRA. The 'context' the guy was talking about. But nobody wants to look to closely at FG's boot boys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement