Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Don't be stuck.
    I have loads of them.:D

I'm sure you do. For a while there I thought the SF guy was talking about the past when Vinny butted in with an irrelevancy about the present. Silly me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I'm sure you do. For a while there I thought the SF guy was talking about the past when Vinny butted in with an irrelevancy about the present. Silly me.

That same guy was hit with that same question before. I think it was on Prime Time.
    You'd think he would have learned and had his answer ready.
    Seriously though they need to get a party answer to that one.

That same guy was hit with that same question before. I think it was on Prime Time.

What difference would either answer make? None whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

The reason people like you need an answer to questions like that is to reinforce yourself that you were right all along while you hid your head in the sand and watched your fellow citizens being slaughtered by the B Specials, RUC and british supported murder gangs, like the Shankhill butchers and the RUC/Brit murder gang that carried out the Dublin and Monaghan bombings. You need your comfort blanket so you can sleep at night over the guilt you may have of turning a blind eye to reality. End of rant.

The reason people like you need an answer to questions like that is to reinforce yourself that you were right all along while you hid your head in the sand and watched your fellow citizens being slaughtered by the B Specials, RUC and british supported murder gangs, like the Shankhill butchers and the RUC/Brit murder gang that carried out the Dublin and Monaghan bombings. You need your comfort blanket so you can sleep at night over the guilt you may have of turning a blind eye to reality. End of rant.

And rant it was.
    You give the same spiel as the SF lad gave.:D
    You take yourself far too seriously.
    Its amazing how lads like you can give it but can't take a simple question.
    You haven't moved far obviously.
    And you know nothing about me at all.
    You need to practice more.

• Advertisement

What difference would either answer make? None whatsoever.

No they need to get a party line/response to that question as it keeps coming up and their answers only let them down.

No they need to get a party line/response to that question as it keeps coming up and their answers only let them down.

Repeatedly asking for a Yes or No answer to a complex question lets the questioner down imo.
    The reality of the relationship between the Gardai and Republicans at that time was complex and fraught because of the Irish state's collusion with the British.
    A little bit of growing up would do the moral high grounders no harm at all.
    Again I ask you, what difference would either a Yes or No answer make?

Repeatedly asking for a Yes or No answer to a complex question lets the questioner down imo.
    The reality of the relationship between the Gardai and Republicans at that time was complex and fraught because of the Irish state's collusion with the British.
    A little bit of growing up would do the moral high grounders no harm at all.
    Again I ask you, what difference would either a Yes or No answer make?

It would allow many people to regard SF as moving on actually.
    It would show that SF has maybe "grown up" as a party.
    Beating about the bush and giving stuttering replies answers nothing.
    A "yes" or a "no" would actually suffice for me anyway.

What about a reply that would hurt nobody and keep their own members happy i.e.
    "Yes we regret and are sorry that members of the garda were killed by volunteers. We are sorry that these same volunteers had to make an instant decision and we as a party have to back their decisions at the time and are sorry for the loss of life. We regret that anyone had to lose their lives during the struggle".

Anything would be better than " blah blah RUC blah blah Loyalist murder gangs blah blah MI 5 blah blah collusion blah blah defending the community blah blah".

It would allow many people to regard SF as moving on actually.
    It would show that SF has maybe "grown up" as a party.
    Beating about the bush and giving stuttering replies answers nothing.
    A "yes" or a "no" would actually suffice for me anyway.

What about a reply that would hurt nobody and keep their own members happy i.e.
    "Yes we regret and are sorry that members of the garda were killed by volunteers. We are sorry that these same volunteers had to make an instant decision and we as a party have to back their decisions at the time and are sorry for the loss of life. We regret that anyone had to lose their lives during the struggle".

Anything would be better than " blah blah RUC blah blah Loyalist murder gangs blah blah MI 5 blah blah collusion blah blah defending the community blah blah".

They have apologised and the IRA have apologised. Both organisations have gone to great lengths to say the above, but you obviously are not listening.
    One example of how apologies are treated, silence...and in your view SF are the ones that 'won't move on' or 'grow up'. Keep having your moral cake and eating it.
    http://www.independent.ie/regionals/wexfordpeople/news/family-silence-after-sinn-fin-apologies-29998643.html

They have apologised and the IRA have apologised. Both organisations have gone to great lengths to say the above, but you obviously are not listening.
    One example of how apologies are treated, silence...and in your view SF are the ones that 'won't move on' or 'grow up'. Keep having your moral cake and eating it.
    http://www.independent.ie/regionals/wexfordpeople/news/family-silence-after-sinn-fin-apologies-29998643.html

Just a simple question then -
    Why didn't the SF man on VB last night just say that instead of waffling?

• Advertisement

Just a simple question then -
    Why didn't the SF man on VB last night just say that instead of waffling?

Say what? He said that it was a complex question and got shouted down by Vinny, suddenly looking for the Yes or No answer in a debate about the here and now. The relentless stupidity of media and other politicians looking for something they will never be given.
    You were not listening, listen to it again.

Say what? He said that it was a complex question and got shouted down by Vinny, suddenly looking for the Yes or No answer in a debate about the here and now. The relentless stupidity of media and other politicians looking for something they will never be given.
    You were not listening, listen to it again.

I thought you said that they had apologised already?
    Vinny let him waffle along for ages before he started sniggering and making fun of him in fairness.
    Maybe you weren't listening.

I thought you said that they had apologised already?
    Vinny let him waffle along for ages before he started sniggering and making fun of him in fairness.
    Maybe you weren't listening.

:rolleyes: You really weren't listening where you?
    Vinny asked him did he 'condemn' the killing of Gardai, not for an apology.

Try googling 'IRA or SF apology' if you slept through the last decade or so.

:rolleyes: You really weren't listening where you?
    Vinny asked him did he 'condemn' the killing of Gardai, not for an apology.

Try googling 'IRA or SF apology' if you slept through the last decade or so.

Well then why didn't he come out with the honest answer of No instead of beating about the bush. He might have got more respect instead of being ridiculed and laughed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

And rant it was.
    You give the same spiel as the SF lad gave.:D
    You take yourself far too seriously.
    Its amazing how lads like you can give it but can't take a simple question.
    You haven't moved far obviously.
    And you know nothing about me at all.
    You need to practice more.

Hang on to your blanky, politics is changing in this country for the good, get on board or get left behind. The future is out there for anyone who have the guts to take it on. The old blame game that has gone on for years by the cowards that stood idly by, is over. Have the guts to see the future.

Hang on to your blanky, politics is changing in this country for the good, get on board or get left behind. The future is out there for anyone who have the guts to take it on. The old blame game that has gone on for years by the cowards that stood idly by, is over. Have the guts to see the future.

I have very little faith in politics.
    I do believe in honesty though, if we could get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I have very little faith in politics.
    I do believe in honesty though, if we could get it.

Ah tayto...

They don't bond imo......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

"the culpability of the media in the financial crisis...".
    No GSOC tonight- missed a trick there.

"the culpability of the media in the financial crisis...".
    - missed a trick there.

Thank God, I was afraid I was about to see Sharon in her PJ's again...

Is she switched on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

coolhull wrote: »

Pj's rock in my house coolhull....:D

Especially at this hour of the night....;)

/awaits terrible sexist comments about this good looking lad :pac: from the wimmin here. :D:D:D

Edit: Didn't Dan predict the end of the euro in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Pj's rock in my house coolhull....:D

Especially at this hour of the night....;)
    Like the French lady in 'Fawlty Towers' I usually prefer to sleep au naturel

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wonder can we have a show about the influence of estate agents/auctioneers on the property bubble?

Jaysus wouldn't get in a fight with her :eek:

Like the French lady in 'Fawlty Towers' I usually prefer to sleep au naturel

:D

It's a bit early for true confessions coolhull.......:D

Late 'an all as it is.....

Oh dear, pyjamagate on Lahvline today, it's a disgrace Joe

Dan may be joining Fionnan if he's not careful. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

lol

tables turned on vinnie there