Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The people on the panel are making the mistake in thinking that IF there was a good party who would run the country well, that people would vote for them..

People do not vote out of patriotism, or the out of the wish to make the country a better place.. The majority of people vote for whatever crowd will implement policies that make their own personal situation better..

The public service needs a radical overhaul, not the token minimalist efforts were currently getting. The benefit system needs to be completely overhauled as well... But given there are ~300k public servants, and ~450k on the dole, as well as all people on medical cards, rent allowance, single mother's allowance.. These turkeys wont be voting for Christmas.. Maybe, with natural wastage, the next generation might have a better chance..

That story I presume is in relation to Dean Fitzpatrick, Amy Fitzpatrick's brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

I wonder what are the morning papers stating tomorrow that VB won't prodcast:confused:

they must be making strong speculations about that possible case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    I wonder what are the morning papers stating tomorrow that VB won't prodcast:confused:

they must be making strong speculations about that possible case

Is there a can of worms ?. €500,000 according to PK.

Is there a can of worms ?. €500,000 according to PK.

the fund?

• Advertisement

Amy’s stepdad released without charge following murder of brother
    MISSING teenager Amy Fitzpatrick’s stepfather was released from garda custody this afternoon after being questioned in relation to the murder of her brother, Dean.

That's the story there.. well, the story so far.

Amy’s stepdad released without charge following murder of brother

That's the story there.. well, the story so far.

I reckon, some papers are taking the story a bit further for VB not to broadcast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

If Vincent Browne's afraid to show it on TV, I'm afraid to post a link to it here, but if you search "#herald" on Twitter you'll find tomorrow's front page.

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    the fund?

What fund, according to PK show they were left destitute after spending the €500,000. Explain.

RayM wrote: »
    If Vincent Browne's afraid to show it on TV, I'm afraid to post a link to it here, but if you search "#herald" on Twitter you'll find tomorrow's front page.

Saying it was self defence???

He's been known to make up a story or two..

Missing Amy's stepfather jailed for 'horrendous' drink-driving
    Judge Ann Watkin described the 42-year-old's dangerous driving as "horrendous" and said he had told "blatant lies".

Mahon claimed that he first noticed that he was being followed while he was driving in Santry Village. He said he feared he was going to be shot because he was being followed and senior gardai were aware of threats to his life.

He had not known that the man who followed him was a garda. "I did not know if he would get out with a gun or a knife, I assume the people who have made life threats to me would be carrying a gun," Mahon said.

He claimed that when he was outside his house in his car he picked up a Jack Daniels whiskey bottle to use as a weapon in the event he was going to be attacked. While he waited in his car, which was now stationary, he began to drink from the bottle, he claimed.

"I thought my life was at stake, I took more than a sup, I would have had around half, minimum," he said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The people on the panel are making the mistake in thinking that IF there was a good party who would run the country well, that people would vote for them..

People do not vote out of patriotism, or the out of the wish to make the country a better place.. The majority of people vote for whatever crowd will implement policies that make their own personal situation better..

The public service needs a radical overhaul, not the token minimalist efforts were currently getting. The benefit system needs to be completely overhauled as well... But given there are ~300k public servants, and ~450k on the dole, as well as all people on medical cards, rent allowance, single mother's allowance.. These turkeys wont be voting for Christmas.. Maybe, with natural wastage, the next generation might have a better chance..

That's all very well and easy to suggest but what do you consider needs to be done with the Public Sector? How would you run it? Natural wastage might take some time and continually cutting the wages of the same people will surely lead to disruption of services and an angry workforce within. It will also effect small businesses who rely on spending from the PS. I am not PS by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

More Alan Shatter tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mattie McGrath and Fionnan Sheahan are on, this could be fun :D I could do with a laugh after the Prime Time programme, it was very distressing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Does Fionnan Sheahan and Vincent Browne like each other? Always get the feeling they don't.

Ah, I'd say they get on well. Fionnan can be abrasive but he's like that with everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is asthma now a defence for not providing a breath sample?

Are FG taking the piss with Reilly sitting next to him.
    Or are they just clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Sometimes I wish I had asthma....

But only sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I must try it the next time. A precedent has been set surely.

Wonder how I would get on tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

actually, it seems you just have to tell the garda that you haven't been drinking alcohol :)

• Advertisement

I wish Mattie would just tell us what exactly his Garda mole told him about the Minister, or shut the fk up..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Are FG taking the piss with Reilly sitting next to him.
    Or are they just clueless.

Just goes to show how arrogant they are. If Big Phil was sitting next to Bottler, they'd have had the dream team on the front bench today.

Vinny having great crack tonight with the two lads.

In danger of being trivialised unfortunately.

Just goes to show how arrogant they are. If Big Phil was sitting next to Bottler, they'd have had the dream team on the front bench today.
    If only Lowry could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Beaker is loving this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Sheehan pissing himself. :D

I've invented a new drinking game....

Every time Mattie mentions the word 'Cordial'.

Raise your glass!

A02045_SK_LG.jpg

Who elects these clowns? Bernard who?

Is Bernard drunk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Beaker was asleep on his ipad until this row ensued !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement