Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

brooke 2 wrote: »
    And for someone who has spent a long time in jail! :)

I'm guessing that an "oligarchic" level of wealth and a "Ukrainian" level of prison service incorruptibility might help out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ted Bundy was a "lovely fellow" as well, apparently :rolleyes:

Colm Keaveney gets invited on to the VB Show to discuss the documentary that was shown beforehand, and he admits he hasn't seen it. And then our politicians wonder why we call them spoofers......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Colm Keaveney gets invited on to the VB Show to discuss the documentary that was shown beforehand, and he admits he hasn't seen it. And then our politicians wonder why we call them spoofers......

Poor form to discuss same...

View or don't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I know Harry and everythime Shari is asked a question she says 'well I don't want to comment on that at this time'

Tough case though the documentary before was very upsetting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Did your wan win that medal at the Olympics?

Vinnie would want to take his head out of his arse. Tonight's programme does a very bad disservice to SSRI's and citalopram.

That idiot Shane took most of his monthly supply in one day, goes out and kills his ex girlfriend's bf, and tries to kill his ex girlfriend, and then kills himself, and his family have the absolute arrogance to blame the events on that nutcase's antidepressants. This is the sort of programme that makes ordinary people decide to stop taking their medication. It's a fcuking disgrace. His family should be ashamed of themselves.

His mother considered taking a case against the pharmaceutical company, but she decided against it - probably on account of the fact that her son was completely and utterly to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Did it start early tonight?
    Sh*t, I missed some of it

* I didn't see the documentary either * :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Vinnie would want to take his head out of his arse. Tonight's programme does a very bad disservice to SSRI's and citalopram.

That idiot Shane took most of his monthly supply in one day, goes out and kills his ex girlfriend's bf, and tries to kill his ex girlfriend, and then kills himself, and his family have the absolute arrogance to blame the events on that nutcase's antidepressants. This is the sort of programme that makes ordinary people decide to stop taking their medication. It's a fcuking disgrace. His family should be ashamed of themselves.

His mother considered taking a case against the pharmaceutical company, but she decided against it - probably on account of the fact that her son was completely and utterly to blame.

Nutcase, idiot, wow I didn't expect an enlightened debate on here, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Disgraceful post.

Nutcase, idiot, wow I didn't expect an enlightened debate on here, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

But it's okay for his family to blame ALL of his actions on his medication, is it? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You know Harry, The Mam is probably distraught with grief, I don't know...but giving her airtime is probably doing her no service at this time imo...

Strikes me, that the Medja are doing her no favours at all....

May they all rest in peace, terrible tragedy for everyone.

Vinnie seems to think that middle class murderers are "lovely people". We had this sort of sentimental rubbish after the Annabel's killing as well :rolleyes:

But it's okay for his family to blame ALL of his actions on his medication, is it? :rolleyes:

I was pointing out your disgraceful comments. You can't come back with whataboutya.

I was pointing out your disgraceful comments. You can't come back with whataboutya.

Nothing disgraceful about my comments. Shane was a psychopath whose family shamefully tried to blame his psychopathic tendencies on the medication he was taking at the time.

By the way, the word is "whataboutery".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Morgan has spoken.
    Actually the second youtube lecture is really good. I think it's the Q and A bit. He holds forth on Irish society, psychology etc.
    I know economists/economics professors should probably stick to economics but IMO he was bang on about so many things.

So who exactly did Frank Flannery kill. I missed the news tonight.
    I mean he did kill someone right?... he resigned. In Ireland.

This is a thread for adults not name calling as far as I know....:(

When did I name call?

Jim Power to rubbish Morgan's prediction after the break. :pac:

What's with the UCD podiums with the bar across them.
    Is it to stop lecturers having a go at students. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Morgan has spoken.
    Actually the second youtube lecture is really good. I think it's the Q and A bit. He holds forth on Irish society, psychology etc.
    I know economists/economics professors should probably stick to economics but IMO he was bang on about so many things.

So who exactly did Frank Flannery kill. I missed the news tonight.
    I mean he did kill someone right?... he resigned. In Ireland.

I can't see what Morgan is saying that we don't all know already. Lots of people owe lots of money. We've known that for 5 years. Nothing new here!

Again are you serious? Do I have to quote Harry's post?

You said my post was disgraceful. What I find even more disgraceful is the fact that his family tried to blame his psychopathic and murderous actions on citalopram.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

What's with the UCD podiums with the bar across them.
    Is it to stop lecturers having a go at students. :D

Reminds me of Mart and Market of old!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

am I mad for thinking Morgan Kelly kind of sounds life Panti ?

Love the big "economics" on the screen.
    For the dopey lad at the back who thinks he's at an Engineering lecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I think we've got his point..........!

Jaysus, do they still have blackboards and chalk and dusters? I thought they'd have gone all computery by now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

is he the next George Lee in the making

Jaysus, do they still have blackboards and chalk and dusters? I thought they'd have gone all computery by now.......

It looks like a rail on a disused underground..

Delighted to be paying UCD for their facilities....:rolleyes:

He estimated 25 billion not 10-15 billion.

[naive question] What kind of power do the Germans have over the ECB [/naive question]

• Advertisement

Peter Mathews finally decides to speak his mind now that he's independent. Well done Peter, we'll remember all those times that you parroted Enda's economic propaganda.
    I hope he loses his seat at the next election. Feckin hypocrite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement