Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Surely the kids are just on the system as a footnote about the parents? Would that not be normal enough for kids whose parent(s) have criminal records?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Did you ever hear of someone in the Mafia complaining, over the FBI profiling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Who funds that crowd?

You know I just checked all over their website (first time ever on it, would not have a reason to be on it) and I cannot find anything about who funds them except that it says it's a registered charity ! :D :eek:

I couldn't care less if I'm on the pulse system, I'm not a criminal and have nothing to hide and therefore have nothing to worry about, simples

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

vicwatson wrote: »
    You know I just checked all over their website (first time ever on it, would not have a reason to be on it) and I cannot find anything about who funds them except that it says it's a registered charity ! :D :eek:

Nally stopped their donations fairly abruptly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Did you ever hear of someone in the Mafia complaining, over the FBI profiling them.

This isn't about the Mafia. It's about travellers. Innocent traveller children, being racially profiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Vin really struggling with the concept of a "pun" there, on Vard/Vlad.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I'm not a criminal and have nothing to hide
    Neither does that 13-month old baby

coolhull wrote: »
    Neither does that 13-month old baby

So then what's the problem?

I reiterate, it's mother is pissed off because they are on the pulse system (to which Gardai are supposedly the only ones with access and not the general public), yet she has no problem for them posing for cameras for television

I couldn't care less if I'm on the pulse system, I'm not a criminal and have nothing to hide and therefore have nothing to worry about, simples

You say that, but when you're then involved in some incident -- not of your own doing, mind -- and it starts appearing in the press that "Vic Watson is known to the Gardai", "multiple GS intelligences on VW", and so on, would you still feel the same way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

hmmmm

hotties

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

"If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged."

https://www.schneier.com/essay-114.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Wow! That Daniele has some sexy voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

If you spend any time thinking about the various possible implications of this kind of thing it isn't simple at all.

alaimacerc wrote: »
    You say that, but when you're then involved in some incident -- not of your own doing, mind -- and it starts appearing in the press that "Vic Watson is known to the Gardai", "multiple GS intelligences on VW", and so on, would you still feel the same way?

Sure if we are all on the pulse system then we are all known to Gardai for that matter - what's the problem?

Sure if we are all on the pulse system then we are all known to Gardai for that matter - what's the problem?

Is it not worrying that the details of babies are being entered onto the Pulse system, simply because they're travellers?

So then what's the problem?

I reiterate, it's mother is pissed off because they are on the pulse system (to which Gardai are supposedly the only ones with access and not the general public), yet she has no problem for them posing for cameras for television
    I should imagine if you had a child of that age, you wouldn't like to find out s/he is on a Garda file somewhere. Is it okay if its a traveller baby?

stretchdoe wrote: »
    If you spend any time thinking about the various possible implications of this kind of thing it isn't simple at all.

Haven't time to think - perhaps you can enlighten me? I dont care what information Gardai have on me as I have nothing to hide. Simples

RayM wrote: »
    Is it not worrying that the details of babies are being entered onto the Pulse system, simply because they're travellers?

It doesn't worry me - no
    I should imagine if you had a child of that age, you wouldn't like to find out s/he is on a Garda file somewhere. Is it okay if its a traveller baby?

Couldn't care less

The passport office and the CSO has as much information on the baby as the Pulse system.

What's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

I think hotmail is saying that Callahan had his own points quashed.
    I didn't know that.

Ah if Harry Callaghan is corrupt, i give up. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Haven't time to think - perhaps you can enlighten me? I dont care what information Gardai have on me as I have nothing to hide. Simples

I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

The editor of the Indo also had points cancelled.
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/commissioner-had-penalty-points-erased-while-on-duty-29207109.html - caught doing 83 in a 60km zone - but he was on his way to an important security meeting !!

One law for the plebs and another for the Commissioner !!

It doesn't worry me - no

So, racial profiling is fine then?

Sure if we are all on the pulse system

We're not. Getting clearer on the issue yet?

While I don't want to bring the Nazi into the argument, isn't that what the unfortunate Jewish people thought in the 1930?

So, racial profiling is fine then?

Once it's against Travellers, some of them here don't care. Even Travellers being shown on tv seems to irritate people a lot.

Once it's against Travellers, some of them here don't care. Even Travellers being shown on tv seems to irritate people a lot.

I don't understand people's hatred of travellers. They're the only remaining minority group, about whom people feel they can pretty much say whatever they like.

I don't understand people's hatred of travellers. They're the only remaining minority group, about whom people feel they can pretty much say whatever they like.

The level of hatred is quite something as well. Many of the posters on here write up some pretty vicious stuff about Travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Danielle > Niamh :pac:

• Advertisement

Haven't time to think

Never fails to amaze me how many people don't have the time to think, but have plenty of time to type. And feel that other people really need to be made aware of their... thoughts. That they haven't thought about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement