Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/commissioner-had-penalty-points-erased-while-on-duty-29207109.html - caught doing 83 in a 60km zone - but he was on his way to an important security meeting !!

One law for the plebs and another for the Commissioner !!

I was once caught doing 86 in a 60 zone, so I'm 3kmh more bad-ass than the Garda commissioner. And I wasn't even going to an important security meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

RayM wrote: »
    I don't understand people's hatred of travellers. They're the only remaining minority group, about whom people feel they can pretty much say whatever they like.

Well if you have had your property stolen by them like I have had or camping illegally on your land like happened to my brother then you might think differently.

Like it or not many of them are involved in criminal activities and most of them are happy to draw welfare all their lives, and regard this as their wage packet, don't forget it's the rest of us who fund this lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Well if you have had your property stolen by them like I have had or camping illegally on your land like happened to my brother then you might think differently.

Like it or not many of them are involved in criminal activities and most of them are happy to draw welfare all their lives, and regard this as their wage packet, don't forget it's the rest of us who fund this lifestyle.

I wouldn't blame all travellers, simply because somebody who happened to be a traveller stole something from me. Because I'm not a racist idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

alaimacerc wrote: »
    Never fails to amaze me how many people don't have the time to think, but have plenty of time to type. And feel that other people really need to be made aware of their... thoughts. That they haven't thought about.

Jesus h, relax the cacks. Stretchdoe made a statement and still hasnt backed it up, who's not thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

;)
    alaimacerc wrote: »
    We're not. Getting clearer on the issue yet?

Was always clear, dont try being more clever than you think you are

Ive no problem being on the pulse system as ive nothing to hide, this traveller girl is the only person ive heard complaining about this matter. It's no issue unless one makes it so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Ok, but substitute ''Coloured'' or ''Muslim'' for ''Traveller'' then sit back and see what happens........

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

'Many' and 'most' doesn't mean all, though. Isn't that the point really? I don't think anyone is saying that criminals shouldn't pay for what they have done, but innocent folk shouldn't be paying in their lieu.

I was once summonsed for a traffic offence by a Galway Garda, but I don't blame all Galwegians

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

RayM wrote: »
    I was once caught doing 86 in a 60 zone, so I'm 3kmh more bad-ass than the Garda commissioner. And I wasn't even going to an important security meeting.

I got 2 points and an 80 euro fine for doing 58 in a 50 zone.
    I am a real bad ass.

PS

I don't mind genuine cases having points and fines wiped. Genuine mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Vincent starts at 10pm tonight, it's an extended show to discuss today's revelations and resignation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Skid X wrote: »
    Vincent starts at 10pm tonight, it's an extended show to discuss today's revelations and resignation.

I'm sure Vinnie accusing Callinan of telling a falsehood, (lie), last night, didn't help poor old Martin's situation.
    Of course we will never know if Callinan's decision was prompted by today's events or whether it was going to happen anyway.
    One way or the other, it's good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,396 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I'm sure Vinnie accusing Callinan of telling a falsehood, (lie), last night, didn't help poor old Martin's situation.
    Of course we will never know if Callinan's decision was prompted by today's events or whether it was going to happen anyway.
    One way or the other, it's good riddance.

RTE seemed to be saying that he was told about the taping scandal last night and that this may have prompted his resignation.

Paul Reynolds has behaved terribly during this whole affair, objective journalist my ass. He even mentioned that Martin Callaghnan's mother is still alive.

The Corrib Gas programme must have cancelled. Prime Time too, have cancelled their scheduled programme on ambulances to cover today's developments. The ambulance programme will be shown tomorrow night.

I find it odd that this phone taping issue only came out today when it was known about for ages.
    Coincidence or what? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

I find it odd that this phone taping issue only came out today when it was known about for ages.

Francis Urquhart's motto from House of Cards comes to mind - "You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Should be good fun tonight tayto....What could possibly come out now?...:D

Recording of routine phone calls is not that unusual these days.......unless of course, they were also recording calls between persons under arrest and their legal reps. That would be a breach of a constitutional right and could lead to quashing of convictions.
    It does seem curious that although it has been known about for quite a while, it has suddenly become serious enough to warrant the setting up of a commission of enquiry. :confused:

Recording of routine phone calls is not that unusual these days.......unless of course, they were also recording calls between persons under arrest and their legal reps. That would be a breach of a constitutional right and could lead to quashing of convictions.
    It does seem curious that although it has been known about for quite a while, it has suddenly become serious enough to warrant the setting up of a commission of enquiry. :confused:

The Gardai aren't above the law. It's quite right that there's an investigation.

Why was there no word of this in the Smithwicks Tribunal report.
    I'm sure Dundalk would have been a prime station for taping calls and if there was a garda mole then the equipment should have been examined to try and find the alleged culprit. Yet not a word about it and the attorney general seemed to know about this matter before the tribunal ended.
    There was no word about it from the garda members who gave evidence to the tribunal either so they must not have known about it either.
    Something very strange going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Feck sake...I hate when they do that..go on late, not start early ffs.

Any fireworks, gnashing of teeth, hair pulling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Is there a live option on the tv3 player? I can only see shows, wanna watch vinnie tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Why was there no word of this in the Smithwicks Tribunal report.
    I'm sure Dundalk would have been a prime station for taping calls and if there was a garda mole then the equipment should have been examined to try and find the alleged culprit. Yet not a word about it and the attorney general seemed to know about this matter before the tribunal ended.
    There was no word about it from the garda members who gave evidence to the tribunal either so they must not have known about it either.
    Something very strange going on.

When you have to make your exit under pressure, you throw a "Handgrenade".
    How many more to come. "Hell has no fury like a Commissioner scorned"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I'm not sure if there's a live option on the player. Not that I know of, but maybe one was installed!

Last sting of a dying wasp?

I'm not sure if there's a live option on the player. Not that I know of, but maybe one was installed!

TV3 seem to be way behind the Gardai when it come to recording stuff......:eek:

Indeed but this information has been known for some time and only released today for some reason :rolleyes:
    I am beginning to think that there is even more stuff in the pipeline which is damaging to the Govt. When that equipment was installed into the garda stations in the 1980's it was probably FF who were in power. None of the working gardai seemed to have been aware of this equipment so it was at the top where the listening was done it seems.

Noel Whelan seems like an omni government supporter, FG, FF or Labour..he'll defend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

No need for a government rep. when you have the poodle Noel on the show. He no like Finucane, wonder why maybe Noel is showing his true colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Noel Whelan seems like an omni government supporter, FG, FF or Labour..he'll defend them.

ya

what's he doing on the show

he's a muppet

finucane is right to be angry

• Advertisement

Whelan normally is a very thinly-veiled cheerleader for FF. It is peculiar that he is supporting the government on this issue. Something is not adding up here......:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement