Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Vincent thinks that we should worry about the way the Brits want to represent themselves. If they want a monarchy, then so be it.....it's no skin off our nose!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The whole thing is cringeworthy, A 70-something year old man shakes hands with an 80-something year old woman.
    Does half of RTE need to be there, recording it all? The BBC would have more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Now it's a race as to who has the most English relations......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

coolhull wrote: »
    The whole thing is cringeworthy, A 70-something year old man shakes hands with an 80-something year old woman.
    Does half of RTE need to be there, recording it all? The BBC would have more sense.

There were more than 500 people from the BBC here when Old Lizzie was over!

Most of my family live in the UK. They don't care one way or the other about the monarchy or state visits. The fact that there is a program devoted to the issue is simply a sign of our immaturity. As a state we are still in a state of adolescence. It's time we just grew up!

• Advertisement

Now it's a race as to who has the most English relations......
    I have lots of English relations. They don't bother me, I don't bother them :D:D:D

I have lots of English relations. They don't bother me, I don't bother them :D:D:D

I don't think I have any.....

Must ask the Mammy....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

They are all more interested in the royal wee or whether the baby wears nappies. Michael D will hardly register.

Can not abide that Dorr man, slips out of that Dublin - Monaghan question everytime he is asked about it.

Lovely pressie...

Picture of herself and her Mammy....LOL!

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Most of my family live in the UK. They don't care one way or the other about the monarchy or state visits. The fact that there is a program devoted to the issue is simply a sign of our immaturity. As a state we are still in a state of adolescence. It's time we just grew up!

Well said. People say that giving these things such attention is a sign that 'we're all moving on', but it's more of a case that people have to be seen to be 'moving on'.. while in reality most just don't give a crap about this sort of ceremonial claptrap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

That former ambassador has a look of Ulick O'Connor about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    They are all more interested in the royal wee or whether the baby wears nappies. Michael D will hardly register.

Can not abide that Dorr man, slips out of that Dublin - Monaghan question everytime he is asked about it.

That is the embarrassment of his time, he has no answer, like the 5th amendment.

That former ambassador has a look of Ulick O'Connor about him.

I've been racking my grey cells trying to think who he is like!....

Spot on Harry!..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Vinnie is really wearing his communist hat tonight.

That is the embarrassment of his time, he has no answer, like the 5th amendment.

If there where 33 people dead in London and the Irish security forces where holding papers relating to it, do you think Michael D would be in Mrs Winsdor's guest bedroom tomorrow night? Would he heck!

Vinnie is really wearing his communist hat tonight.

I'd say that hat has to be surgically removed at night to go to bed!....

".....after the break we will resume the discussion......" Says Vinnie. I wonder for how many seconds?

Vincent is a bit quick off the mark saying Peaches death was a suicide?....

Bad taste there Vincent.

At least let the Official Autopsy call that one!...(cause of death)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Vincent is a bit quick off the mark saying Peaches death was a suicide?....

Bad taste there Vincent.

At least let the Official Autopsy call that one!...(cause of death)

Totally agree, I've looked up on the web and not one article I read made any reference to Suicide. VB you should know better !!

I'd say that hat has to be surgically removed at night to go to bed!....
    No, he always takes it off when he's in dining room of the Shelbourne Hotel :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

One thing about it all, there would be no visit today or Lizzy visiting this country if it were not for the Volunteers that forced the issue of the corrupt entity that was called the occupied counties. Six of the nine counties of Ulster.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Totally agree, I've looked up on the web and not one article I read made any reference to Suicide. VB you should know better !!

He probably never heard of her before today and just had a read of a few articles about her.. still a silly thing to say. You'd probably be banned from AH for suggesting it :pac:

What's up with this thing of coming back after an ad break and ending the show 30 seconds later. A producer somewhere needs a slap

What's up with this thing of coming back after an ad break and ending the show 30 seconds later. A producer somewhere needs a slap

We're the ones who need a slap, for putting up with it :mad:

We're the ones who need a slap, for putting up with it :mad:

I've gotten used to the massive ads, I get a load of stuff done!....:D

It's great for making the lunches for the next day and the odd bit of house painting...:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

One thing about it all, there would be no visit today or Lizzy visiting this country if it were not for the Volunteers that forced the issue of the corrupt entity that was called the occupied counties. Six of the nine counties of Ulster.

facepalm_implied.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Mrs Winsdor

You mean Mrs Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksberg (née Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (Wettin))? Sure, "Windsor" is just her showbiz name.

Foreign dignitaries make State visits to the UK all the time. Why should your average Brit care about the visit of the Irish President?

I think you're confusing "state visit" with "official visit", or indeed with just "visit". For example, there were the Merkel visit to the UK, which there was quite a bit of hoopla over -- which wasn't even a "state visit", in "protocol" terms.

I don't see what the beef with what he said is. He answered as what representations he made -- i.e., none -- and he offered some context. If you're saying his answer was accurate but unacceptable, you'd want to blame his political masters for that, not a mere diplomatic functionary.

alaimacerc wrote: »
    I don't see what the beef with what he said is. He answered as what representations he made -- i.e., none -- and he offered some context. If you're saying his answer was accurate but unacceptable, you'd want to blame his political masters for that, not a mere diplomatic functionary.
    He was also asked what he knew of 'representations' and he always kicks to touch. That an Irish ambassador in London at that time would know 'nothing' is kinda hard to believe.
    What I don't like about him on these programmes is that he sees himself as still being in uniform. Why bother offering yourself as an interviewee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Will VB row back on his comment re suicide I wonder, unless he knows something the rest of the world doesn't?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement