Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,390 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

"potentially damaging to the reputation of the people in rehab".
    What reputation.
    Vincent is starting to really annoy me. He gets something in his head and listens to nobody.
    Is he friends with Flannery.

VB has a point - the members of the PAC do a lot of grandstanding and leaking and at the same time, they claim to be whiter than white.

Not to mention, John McGuinness' expense claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

These Rehab jokers could have been compelled to appear in front of a proper Oireachtas committee if it hadn't been for the crank scaremongerers who ended up convincing the sheeple to vote No in the Constitutional referendum a couple of years ago :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

"potentially damaging to the reputation of the people in rehab".
    What reputation.
    Vincent is starting to really annoy me. He gets something in his head and listens to nobody.
    Is he friends with Flannery.

I think you got through to him.

It's only a few bad apples involved..Irish cliche.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

I kinda like Sean Fleming. I like the way he rolls with Vincent's ribbing.

I'd love if that Sindo journo brought up Fionnan Sheehan to Vincent, even in a joking way. Seems it's strictly verboten.

• Advertisement

Tabloid reporters do realise that convicted prisoners are not actually put in cages.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

23.49 takes a break..
    Lets see when he'll come back, and how long the programme lasts after that

back at 23.55

And...... gone at 2357

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

<snip>

Expenses of €84,000, compared to a salary of €240,000? (Or more precisely, 100% from public funds for the former, as against some proportion of the latter, which might be be as "low" as 40%, if you take their own dodgy accountancy at face value.) That's one heckuva big 'mere drop', or a heckuva small 'ocean', relatively speaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

These Rehab jokers could have been compelled to appear in front of a proper Oireachtas committee if it hadn't been for the crank scaremongerers who ended up convincing the sheeple to vote No in the Constitutional referendum a couple of years ago :mad:

They can still be compelled to appear in front of a "proper Oireachtas committee". The Oireachtas Inquiries farrago was about making findings, not about compelling witnesses.

The RTE licence fee being discussed tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

TV3 doing a critique of RTE?.......that's like Twink doing a program on Linda Martin.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Betty Purcell claims the RTE personal worked like slaves. What a protected species.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Wasn't it Conor Cruise O'Brien that introduced Srection 31?

Betty Purcell claims the RTE personal worked like slaves. What a protected species.

I wonder if she's got a nice pension from RTE while doing a bit of work for TV3 now?

I wish I was getting a salary like some of those 'slaves'.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is this just one big plug for that woman's book?

Never heard of her or her book, btw.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is this just one big plug for that woman's book?

Never heard of her or her book, btw.

Join the club.

Lapin wrote: »
    Wasn't it Conor Cruise O'Brien that introduced Srection 31?

He expanded it, but FF introduced it first.

• Advertisement

Paul Reynolds is the chief PR man for the Gardai.

Harry got shut up quick sharp when he started talking about the impliciations of the alternative to the public interest remit of RTE......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 mr_putin

Paul Reynolds is the chief PR man for the Gardai.

paul williams is a much bigger AGS shill than reynolds , not defending reynolds recent short comings

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 mr_putin

does anyone find it slightly amusing that vincent seems to assume that most people have a problem with our capitalist economy , surely the majority of TD,s would be socilists if the population were as opposed to free markets as vincent suggests

I don't remember TV3 doing much to question the property bubble either. There's a bit of kettle and pot about Vincent's opinion!

mr_putin wrote: »
    does anyone find it slightly amusing that vincent seems to assume that most people have a problem with our capitalist economy , surely the majority of TD,s would be socilists if the population were as opposed to free markets as vincent suggests

Eh? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

With all the failings of RTÉ as mentioned by Vincent, a case could be made that their subsidy is not enough.

Haha! John Bowman putting it "right back atya" to Vinnie!

Expecting Vinnie to be objective about RTE is like expecting Gerry Adams to wear a sash on the twelfth.

• Advertisement

Michael Twee was an embarrassment last week with that stupid affected accent he put on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement