Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Much as it galls me to admit it - and it does - I have to admit to a small bit of agreement with Vinnie re the "reverential" coverage by RTE of the visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Bowman is an impartial person to talk about censorship, like Greybo hosting a program about Ainne Murphy.

They're fairly galloping through the issues tonight.... I can barely keep up!

(That may be more to do with me and the hour of the night than the programme, in fairness!)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Bowman doesn't seem to grasp the fact that the media are the ones guilty for the perception of pomp and ceremony, lol

And he argued his point with all the pomp and claptrap that you'd expect of such a person

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 mr_putin

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Much as it galls me to admit it - and it does - I have to admit to a small bit of agreement with Vinnie re the "reverential" coverage by RTE of the visit.

i fully agree with vincent on this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Expecting Vinnie to be objective about RTE is like expecting Gerry Adams to wear a sash on the twelfth.

Martin McGuinness on the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

mr_putin wrote: »
    i fully agree with vincent on this one

Quickest banning in history!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I had to avoid RTE for much of last week. The coverage of the Prez in the UK was way over the top

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Women Today spawned Liveline. I'm not sure if that was the original intention. :o

Phoebas wrote: »
    Martin McGuinness on the other hand....

He'd be leading the parade twirling the stick at this stage ;)

• Advertisement

Jaysus, my head is spinning! We've lurched from Mission to Prey to S.31 to contraception to Michael Twee abroad and I've forgotten what else in the last 30 minutes. Too much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,390 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Wept, the nuns used women for slave labour in Laundries for decades and she says they have been good for poverty.

Is Vinnie the worst headline reader ever?

If I couldn't see the headlines I wouldn't understand a single word of the last five minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jaysus, my head is spinning! We've lurched from Mission to Prey to S.31 to contraception to Michael Twee abroad and I've forgotten what else in the last 30 minutes. Too much!!!

Now now, don't be getting stressed.......just pour yourself a stiff drink, sit down, take a deep breath or two, down your drink, pour another one.........you'll be grand, just grand.;)

Anyone fancy having a sweepstake for the rolling credits after the break? I'm going for 20 seconds.

Russian threat to Ukraine... Wheres Eamon Gilmore in Ukraine's hour of need?
    Like the Batman films, the Ukrainians needs to send a spotlight thing up into the sky, a huge circle with a big 'G' in the centre.

coolhull wrote: »
    Russian threat to Ukraine... Wheres Eamon Gilmore in Ukraine's hour of need?
    Like the Batman films, the Ukrainians needs to send a spotlight thing up into the sky, a huge circle with a big 'G' in the centre.

Gilmore will send his wife. They look like identical twins. Nobody will know the difference once she wears a suit.

eg_226

Gilmore will send his wife. They look like identical twins. Nobody will know the difference once she wears a suit.

eg_226
    Even if she doesn't wear a suit, few would notice the difference anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

John Bowman is one cool dude, I'd like to see him hosting the show when Vinnie takes his hols instead of the plonkers that usually do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Any mention of NAMA, IRBC or Anglo-Irish. Or the fact that TV3 bought their loan off the government at a significant reduction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Kerry babies, this should be good, how did all the members of the family make identical statements, on something that never occurred.
    Would the tapes be of interest here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Kerry babies, this should be good, how did all the members of the family make identical statements, on something that never occurred.
    Would the tapes be of interest here.

Virtual 50p Vinnie's pal/stand in Ger Colleran will appear to plug his book on the subject??....:rolleyes:

That was the early eighties. Probably used old reel- to reel- tape recordings back then, which would have degraded by now.
    If they used any at all......

Even the commentator is confused reading this.....

Ah booo....Ger must be too busy running The Star group.....

Alien's landing on Mars would have better credence than the theories on this case....

Ann Lovett has little to do with it other than public lewd interest...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Every time I see Nell I get flashbacks about that nude portrait........very unsettling.:eek:

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Every time I see Nell I get flashbacks about that nude photo.......very unsettling.:eek:

:eek:

It's time to move on Roger....

Saw a another side to Nell on the LLS recently....

"The sexual fever by men" is pushing it a bit and to drag Moss Keane into is very uncalled for....

Nell on a bit of a rant there....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Every time I see Nell I get flashbacks about that nude portrait........very unsettling.:eek:

Find it hard to listen to her myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement