Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Thought I knew yer man from somewhere .. That's Dermot Lacey who's nephew died in a stolen taxi a while back..

And?

Louise fighting for the votes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Shout shout shout

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What's the point of this tonight? They're doing the usual self-promotion routine, shouting over each other, and trying to come out with the best soundbite for the morning papers.

Meanwhile everyone else lives in the real world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Vincent opened the programme by asking, "It is worth our while voting for local politicians."

After watching this shower for the last 20 minutes I think - Definitely not.

Thank you Vincent for helping me decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Sinn Fein is gettin the extra revenue from bank robberies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Doesn't a 'discussion' like this make you want to go out right now and cast your vote for -

''None of the above''

Eoin's party leader is being questioned for murder at the moment in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Not really listening to the political posturing, so busy admiring Vincent's hair. George Hook was right earlier, suits you sir! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

And?

And .... I see still havent learned how to interact politely on an Internet forum..

coolhull wrote: »
    Doesn't a 'discussion' like this make you want to go out right now and cast your vote for -

''None of the above''

still-from-brewsters-millions-1985.jpg

If only eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thought I knew yer man from somewhere .. That's Dermot Lacey who's nephew died in a stolen taxi a while back..

He was a former lord mayor of Dublin too.

http://www.herald.ie/news/exmayors-grief-after-nephew-killed-in-horror-taxi-hijacking-29481412.html

And .... I see still havent learned how to interact politely on an Internet forum..

It was just a completely irrelevant thing to say! Who would have known that or cared!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Lapin wrote: »
    Vincent opened the programme by asking, "It is worth our while voting for local politicians."

After watching this shower for the last 20 minutes I think - Definitely not.

Thank you Vincent for helping me decide.

You have to trash the arrogant deceitful government that we have, then they may get out of their selfish cocoon and realise how ordinary people are struggling. Get out and vote and let them know there is people trying to exist outside their golden circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Good loser

So Breen is silenced for the sake of 'balance' and Vincent doesn't get back to him again, despite O'Broin going on and on and on.

Good on you Vinny shutting that FG clown up. As for lacey, his reputation in Wexford is ????.

Is he not from Dublin?

Gerry Adams needs to move off the stage.

The shinners bore me

Journalists that ask questions of the shinners bore me as they know they wont answer them FFS

vicwatson wrote: »
    The shinners bore me

Journalists that ask questions of the shinners bore me as they know they wont answer them FFS

Yea, he's fixating on this now - next question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

The Eoin show

Is he not from Dublin?

Yes he is, he has a holiday home in Wexford. That is where he thinks he is the man. I am aware of the opinion people have about him.

• Advertisement

The shinners bore me

Once the old guard move off the stage, the media won't be able to ask these questions I feel.

The shinners bore me

Depends on the politically embedded journos that ask the questions.

Bank enquiry to call Cowen and Neary - Would they ever feck off in all seriousness, unless its to take their massive pensions off them what other purpose would it serve? more b****

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

You have to trash the arrogant deceitful government that we have, then they may get out of their selfish cocoon and realise how ordinary people are struggling. Get out and vote and let them know there is people trying to exist outside their golden circle.

I'll vote all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,616 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Instead of spending €5 million on a banking enquiry with zero punishment to be given to anyone found guilty from the outset they should instead post €1 to every person in the country and leave it at that.

VB went so far to say that everybody knew Gerry Adams was in the IRA and in a senior position. When he wrote for the Indo, back in the early seventies, why does he not reveal his contacts with the leadership of the IRA. Open up Vinny, just don't do bull$hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,327 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The shinners bore me

Isn't it interesting to see how good their media training has gone; it's rare that you'll see one get flustered. I sometimes wonder if, despite the broad range they display - Eoin O Broin seemed hipsterish, about as far from Pearse Doherty as you could imagine - whether they are all robots preprogrammed with answers.

With respect to GA's position, is it the case that he spoofed them all back in the 1970s (including his private talks with senior UK representatives) and that he was the tea boy all along such that he's telling the truth now that he was never in the "organisation".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,327 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Bank enquiry to call Cowen and Neary - Would they ever feck off in all seriousness, unless its to take their massive pensions off them what other purpose would it serve? more b****

Ah come on now, Neary frightened everyone with his performance on the news back in 2008, surely he deserves another go. If his Anglo trial is any preview, he's be claiming early onset Alzheimer's like Ernest Saunders. In reality he probably doesn't recall anything as he doesn't really seem to have been bright enough to understand it when he attended the meetings if had telephone calls. Lack of intellectual curiosity might simply have been lack of intellect. An appearance in the star chamber might allow us to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

To be fair, Vinnie will not only ask questions he doesn't think he'll get an answer to, he'll keep asking a question even after it's been answered six times. OK, some of the answers are pretty crappeh, but you know what they say about madness being keeping doing the same thing, and expecting a different result the next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Do you actually have to be a prat to be in politics (suppose it helps)

It's an open question as to whether being a langer makes you want to be in politics, or being in politics makes you a langer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement