Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Marcusm wrote: »
    Isn't it interesting to see how good their media training has gone; it's rare that you'll see one get flustered. I sometimes wonder if, despite the broad range they display - Eoin O Broin seemed hipsterish, about as far from Pearse Doherty as you could imagine - whether they are all robots preprogrammed with answers.

With respect to GA's position, is it the case that he spoofed them all back in the 1970s (including his private talks with senior UK representatives) and that he was the tea boy all along such that he's telling the truth now that he was never in the "organisation".

You mean all politicians surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Anyone watching tonight?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Missed the first 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

coolhull wrote: »
    Anyone watching tonight?

Ye.no mention of the Dublin and the Monaghan bombings, of course that would suit the present agenda.

• Advertisement

The world could do with a lot more men like Alec Reid.

Lapin wrote: »
    Me
    Hope your'e making a good recovery, Lap :)
    Nice to see you back in the saddle, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

An IRA apologist?

Surely having a priest involved in matters in the North only worsens things.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Me

I'm late......

How's the body Lapin?...:)x

And less of biased so called reporters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Good to hear a reasonable assessment of Adams from somebody who actually worked with him.

Ye.no mention of the Dublin and the Monaghan bombings, of course that would suit the present agenda.
    But Sinn Fein always say that they dont want to play the 'what-aboutery' game, and tonight's discussion is not about the Dublin Monaghan bombings

The Tonight with VB programme needs to sort it's head from it's arse.

Night after night it drags on with meaningless waffle and bullshít (last night being a perfect example).

Tonight, one of the best (and maturely conducted) discussions in months is abruptly cut short to accommodate an ad break, and the review of the papers is left.

Happy 4000th post coolhull!...... :):):)

An IRA apologist?

Surely having a priest involved in matters in the North only worsens matters.

You should try and google what happened over the last 40 years, if your da lets you use his computer.

An IRA apologist?

Surely having a priest involved in matters in the North only worsens things.

I don't have a religious bone in my body myself and I'm certainly no shinner.

That's why I said 'man like Alec Reid' rather than focus on his day job.

Regardless of his vocation, I think he, as a man played a crucial role in the peace process.

You should try and google what happened over the last 40 years, if your da lets you use his computer.

Nice informative post.

How's the body Lapin?...:)x

Herself seems happy enough with it ;)

This could have been a great program if it wasn't for the likes of the ridiculously long ads......

Martin must learn that the weather outside Dublin is not the "be and end" of it all....

I got sunburned today.....(well, the farmer's tan!)

Herself seems happy enough with it ;)

:eek:

Wash your mouth out you dirty bunny.........:D

• Advertisement

Nice informative post.

Hopefully it will help you in your education.

I don't have a religious bone in my body myself and I'm certainly no shinner.

That's why I said 'man like Alec Reid' rather than focus on his day job.

Regardless of his vocation, I think he, as a man played a crucial role in the peace process.

I see what you're saying but I never thought that religion and/or representatives of religion should be involved in the solving of the problems in the North when religion was the key dividing issue in the first place.

So whilst Alec Reid probably meant well, he still represented one side of the community in the North by being a Catholic priest.

Happy 4000th post coolhull!......
    Well spotted, g_s_w. Didn't even notice..
    I've a long way to go before I catch up to you though!

I see what you're saying but I never thought that religion and/or representatives of religion should be involved in the solving of the problems in the North when religion was the key dividing issue in the first place.

If you knew anything about the situation, you would know that Alex Reid stepped out of his religious part of his life and put his life on the line. to get to the situation where we have the peace process to day. Do not slag off Fr Alex Reid just because he is a Priest, he put that to one side to make peace. Some day you will be old enough to appreciate that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Good loser

That Catherine (Byrne is it?) never seems to know when she starts a sentence where it's going to end. Bright she ain't!

coolhull wrote: »
    Well spotted, g_s_w. Didn't even notice..

My picture refuses to post coolhull........

***sends virtual hug***

:)

If know you anything about the situation, you would know that Alex Reid stepped out of his religious part of his life and put his life on the line. Do not slag off Fr Alex Reid just because he is a Priest, he put that to one side to make peace. Some day you will be old enough to appreciate that fact.

I never slagged off Alex Reid, I said that clergy members on all sides in the North were part of the problem, and couldn't be used to solve those problems.

Religious identity and affiliation was a major factor in the cause of the Troubles.

With all due respect Hotmail, this comment (and the one directly above this one) portrays a serious lack of understanding and contradicts itself.

The very fact that religion was among the key dividing issues placed a duty on church leaders on all sides to play an important role in resolving the conflict between communities.

As I said, I'm not religious, but I acknowledge the leadership played by the churches during the many political vacuums in northern politics in the last half century.
    So whilst Alec Reid probably meant well, he still represented one side of the community in the North by being a Catholic priest.

Saying that someone 'meant well' is something you apply to one who swerves to avoid running over your neighbours cat but still squashes poor tiddles.

Alec Reid risked his life in his efforts to get both sides of the conflict in the North just to sit around a table and talk to each other.

Obviously his position as a priest gave him a pltform to do this. but I believe he would have done as much regardless of his occupation.

I never slagged off Alex Reid, I said that clergy members on all sides in the North were part of the problem, and couldn't be used to solve those problems.

Religious identity and affiliation was a major factor in the cause of the Troubles.

Alex Reid never brought his Cloth into it, he done it without the uniform, cop on and try and learn what happened over 40 years. Most of the right wing wealthy kids learned from their wealthy fathers, that you do not want to know what happens up there. Some kids found out for themselves and found their fathers were liars. That is our history.

• Advertisement

Alex Reid never brought his Cloth into it, he done it without the uniform, cop on and try and learn what happened over 40 years. Most of the right wing wealthy kids learned from their wealthy fathers, that you do not want to know what happens up there. Some kids found out for themselves and found their fathers were liars. That is our history.

Your insults devalues any point you make. Google "debating".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement