Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I hate politicians who talk about the 'working class'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

RobertKK wrote: »
    I want a federal Europe.

People who are against the European Union are not dealing with the reality of what the EU has brought us, before Europe came together, we had war after war in Europe.

The EU is far from perfect, but it is far better than what we had before the creation of the EEC.

Really ? Subservience to the "old enemy" replaced with subservience to Eurocrats ? The Franco /German alliance calling the shots - where's the democracy in all that ??
    Not against the concept of European Union but not at the price being paid in terms of surrendered autonomy and loss of control over our own affairs !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

RobertKK wrote: »
    I want a federal Europe.

People who are against the European Union are not dealing with the reality of what the EU has brought us, before Europe came together, we had war after war in Europe.

The EU is far from perfect, but it is far better than what we had before the creation of the EEC.

EEC is not equal to EU

As I said earlier in the thread, it makes sense to have a common area trade bloc - but that's as far as it should go.

As a political entity the EU simply does not work. Even the figures quoted tonight show that the majority of EU citizens don't believe in it by virtue of the low turnouts to elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The arrogance of the Government parties is astonishing. They were falling over themselves to appear on the VB Show when they were in opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Anyone watching? Mary Lou looking particularly good tonight.
    If she wasn't a Shinner, I'd be her No.I Fan.
    (can't say the same about Sam)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Being interviewed by Sam Smyth must like being "savaged by a dead sheep", (to quote Denis Healy).:)

coolhull wrote: »

Mary Lou is certainly looking well, but if I went to bed with her, I'd be sleeping with one eye open.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Attitude's like that is like people's voting in civil war divides. Move on we are voting for our future. Not the past

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Did I see Mary Lou McDonald smiling earlier? Might have been my imagination mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

I have to say I like Mary Lou.
    When she starts to lead Sinn Fein that's when they'all take off.

• Advertisement

It's only a matter of time before Mary Lou becomes president of Sinn Fein.

Attitude's like that is like people's voting in civil war divides. Move on we are voting for our future. Not the past
    I'm sorry.I can't help it if Sam Smyth doesn't float my boat :P

Gilmore looked even more of a bigger fool than usual with his comments on this.

I have to say I like Mary Lou.
    When she starts to lead Sinn Fein that's when they'all take off.

Or more likely there would be yet another split between the Northern and Southern elements of the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Mary Lou is certainly looking well, but if I went to bed with her, I'd be sleeping with one eye open.:eek:

If she got her hands on Ruari Quinn today, he would only be able to see through one eye.
    Mary Lou is an excellent politician as is Pearse Doherty, wrong party though.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Or more likely there would be yet another split between the Northern and Southern elements of the party.
    And then we'd have the Real IRA, The Provisional IRA, the Continuity IRA, the Northern IRA and the Southern IRA.

And then we'd have the Real IRA, The Provisional IRA, the Continuity IRA, the Northern IRA and the Southern IRA.

Yep, that's been the pattern up to now. The only problem is they will run out of names.:rolleyes:

The Department of The Fence?........is that the thing the sit on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Being a GP is not a viable profession. Jaysus, wouldn't you hate to hear that after 7 or 9 years training....

tampopo wrote: »
    Being a GP is not a viable profession. Jaysus, wouldn't you hate to hear that after 7 or 9 years training....
    Still, I don't think you'll see many outside soup kitchens. At 50-60 euro for a ten minute consultation, it's not a bad gig

• Advertisement

tampopo wrote: »

They can't fill places on the GP training scheme, a scheme that normally is way oversubscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

EU elections debate on now for two hours! There is about 15 candidates there for the Midlands/North West constituency.

EU elections debate on now for two hours! There is about 15 candidates there for the Midlands/North West constituency.

My my, how Europe has shrunk.:confused:

Didn't know about this... why does Ronan Mullen need us to vote for him? Can't he just ask God to get the job for him?

Didn't know about this... why does Ronan Mullen need us to vote for him? Can't he just ask God to get the job for him?

Ronan was on 3% in the last poll.

This is pretty desperate tonight. How many seats are going in this constituency?

Marian Harkin, Jim Higgins and Pat the Cope need to go away.

I hope Ming doesn't get elected. I'd miss him from the Dail if he did. Going to Europe is a bit like disappearing into a black hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

the more I see of these cnuts & shysters the less like voting I feel.
    But on channel 4 there a bloke who can make spoons stick to him, now theres
    a candidate

Q. Why do these people want to get elected to an irrelevant body?

A. Salary, expenses, pension. (and 3 houses).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Jaysus Terry Prone is going for election now... Given what she did for Gay Mitchell's campaign, I hope she has somebody else giving her PR advice for her campaign..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement