Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I have no heed in the Smithwicks Inquiry at all.
    Loads of money spent and then they come up with an assumption and no proof whatsoever. Too many holes in that inquiry.

Gardai protected each other's asses during that inquiry....effectively that was Smithwicks conclusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

It doesn't cast any doubt on the accusations. You must be a Garda supporter.

Yeah . It paints him as a stand up character. Threatening gardai etc. Of course it casts doubt on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I have no heed in the Smithwicks Inquiry at all.
    Loads of money spent and then they come up with an assumption and no proof whatsoever. Too many holes in that inquiry.

Something dodgy there, you have to look at the evidence!

A lot of the Gardai lied while giving evidence for that.

I think you should read the article in full.

I've read it all thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ivana looks tired.

I've read it all thanks.

Defence counsel David Sutton said his client had been prepared to provide a blood or urine sample to a doctor but gardai were unable to find a doctor.

On release Dr O'Flaherty went straight to the Mid-Western Regional Hospital where a blood test found no trace of alcohol.

In the witness box, the defendant said that he rarely drank alcohol and that there was no possibility of any alcohol in his system.

"I had nothing to hide, I was willing to provide a blood or urine sample. I expected a sample and I was given no reason why it was not given to me," said Dr O'Flaherty.

Judge O'Donnell said he found the defendant's display of arrogance and remarks to gardai "totally uncalled for, unnecessary, and unbecoming to say the least".

After hearing what happens the AGS would you think his response was right.
    Clare Daly upset the powers that be, look what happened to her, was he targeted like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Ivana looks tired.

I know how she feels....:rolleyes:

Defence counsel David Sutton said his client had been prepared to provide a blood or urine sample to a doctor but gardai were unable to find a doctor.

On release Dr O'Flaherty went straight to the Mid-Western Regional Hospital where a blood test found no trace of alcohol.

In the witness box, the defendant said that he rarely drank alcohol and that there was no possibility of any alcohol in his system.

"I had nothing to hide, I was willing to provide a blood or urine sample. I expected a sample and I was given no reason why it was not given to me," said Dr O'Flaherty.

Judge O'Donnell said he found the defendant's display of arrogance and remarks to gardai "totally uncalled for, unnecessary, and unbecoming to say the least".

After hearing what happens the AGS would you think his response was right.
    Clare Daly upset the powers that be, look what happened to her, was he targeted like her.

It could have been hours later that he was released and the alcohol would be long gone from his system.
    I think your going down the conspiracy theory route with the last bit of your post in fairness. The judge found him guilty so who are we to question that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

When is Ivana going for the Dail.
    She should boot Gilmore out.
    Now there's a woman who'd stick to her principles.
    *awaits flak

I'm half serious. I've always liked her.

• Advertisement

It's "L.E.", Vinnie, you twat.

How does that mortgage insurance thingy work. Guaranteed by the state but paid by the banks?

Kick up the butt for Vinny Coronation St is more important than his show.

When is Ivana going for the Dail.
    She should boot Gilmore out.
    Now there's a woman who'd stick to her principles.
    *awaits flak

I'm half serious. I've always liked her.

She'd hardly get elected to a county council, let alone Dáil Éireann :pac:

She'd hardly get elected to a county council, let alone Dáil Éireann :pac:

Poor oul' Ivana.
    I've never fully gotten the animosity towards her.

Is it her personality or her views.

It could have been hours later that he was released and the alcohol would be long gone from his system.
    I think your going down the conspiracy theory route with the last bit of your post in fairness. The judge found him guilty so who are we to question that.

He was willing to take a blood or urine test which is acceptable, a bit of an agenda there. But then again that sort of practice is acceptable to some, that is the center of the problem in Justice.

Poor oul' Ivana.

She's the Queen of Political Correctness. She only appeals to hipsters ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Something dodgy there, you have to look at the evidence!

A lot of the Gardai lied while giving evidence for that

I don't think Smithwicks said that or had proof of that in fairness and I read his report. He assumed quite a lot but assumptions are not proof. Loads of holes in that Inquiry imo.

And Crusties.

In fairness there's an awful lot worse in the Dail

• Advertisement

She's Labour so she's history.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 fargo_doyle

You'd wonder why they're only coming out now. People jumping on the bandwagon springs to mind. People with axes to grind against the gardai see it as a good opportunity to get a dig in.

until very recently , the vast majority of the media and political establishment assumed the kind of possition towards AGS similar to one monica lewinsky did in the oval office

endless eulogising was the default possition

I don't think Smithwicks said that or had proof of that in fairness and I read his report. He assumed quite a lot but assumptions are not proof. Loads of holes in that Inquiry imo.

Something dodgy went on there. No doubt about it in my view, but I respect you believe the Gardai were innocent in all of it.

She's Labour so she's history.

She was history even when Labour were at the height of their popularity. She couldn't even get elected off the coat-tails of Gilmore in Dun Laoghaire in 2011, yet she still feels the need to pontificate to the nation.

Poor oul' Ivana.

There is a lot of hatred towards Ivana among men to be honest.

Something dodgy went on there. No doubt about it in my view, but I respect you believe the Gardai were innocent in all of it.

I don't know if they were or not BUT there was no proof. That's my point. I followed it closely.

In fairness she has a better intellect than most if not everyone in the Dail and I've always found her quite principled. She can be abrasive in her style but overall the Dail could do a lot worse.

I don't know if they were or not BUT there was no proof. That's my point. I followed it closely.

Well the Gardai wouldn't rat each other out and they left no traces. That's why there was very little substantive evidence.

In fairness she has a better intellect than most if not everyone in the Dail and I've always found her quite principled. She can be abrasive in her style but overall the Dail could do a lot worse.

Oh I agree, she isn't perfect, but she doesn't deserve the constant abuse she gets online which seems to be personal, as you say. She is a barrister, has a strange name, very Trinity sounding, is pro-choice, a feminist - these things tend to annoy some men.

• Advertisement

Bollocks.

If women liked Ivana, she'd be a current TD for Dun Laoghaire. Easily.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement