Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭bigroad

There is more jobbridge positions for some counties than jobs on the fas website.Yea we will all work for 230 euro a week for nine months.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I received a political leaflet from Theresa Heaney today, remember the 'Mothers with Issues' candidate from last night's Prime Time Debate.

Her leaflet makes about as much sense as she made last night.

"Your vote is precious to you and it is because it is so precious and powerful that I ask you to entrust it to me to promote and defend in Europe our shared values" :eek: scary.
    Did she offer yo hear your confession too? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Hitchens wrote: »
    sure won't the boxer top the poll? :confused:

The Boxer is a local issuus man round those parts.

As much as he tries to convince voters he's up to national politics, they'll always associate him with pothole politics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Boxer Moran and Paul Hogan from SF have been by far the busiest councillors in Athlone for the last good few years. McFadden completely unheard of before now, O'Rourke throwing wads and wads of cash at his campaign but he has done nothing as a councillor.

McFadden's sister crawled in on transfers slightly ahead of Hogan in the last Dail election, and she was actually known and a member of the Seanad. I don't think McFadden will have it as easy as people are suggesting, unless we see the same kind of utterly pathetic sympathy voting like we saw in the Meath by-election.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

coolhull wrote: »
    Did she offer yo hear your confession too? :D
    I reckon only the Pope could hear my confession lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

It'll be a close- run thing whether we get back to the program before the credits!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I reckon only the Pope could hear my confession lol :D

is that a nickname of one of the candidates? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I received a political leaflet from Theresa Heaney today, remember the 'Mothers with Issues' candidate from last night's Prime Time Debate.

Her leaflet makes about as much sense as she made last night.

"Your vote is precious to you and it is because it is so precious and powerful that I ask you to entrust it to me to promote and defend in Europe our shared values" :eek: scary.

I usually rip them up, but this one I took pleasure in by putting it through the shredder. I felt great after it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

1/2 McFadden with Paddy Power is a very fair price if you had a few grand to spare.

She was 1/5 with them last week when I checked. Surely that says something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

David DRUMM surely.. whatever about them missing up the early headline.. surely Vincent or somebody there could have corrected that?

• Advertisement

It is a great photograph too.

Fair play to Ronan Casey.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Why does Enda shake the hands of every Garda he sees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

Will be interesting to see the level of support the candidates get from Longford voters, given that only one Longford candidate ! Don't think I'll be bothered !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Hitchens

is the lady in green related to the GAA president? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

David DRUMM surely.. whatever about them missing up the early headline.. surely Vincent or somebody there could have corrected that?

Shur it wouldn't be Vinny without at least one mistake in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Why does Enda shake the hands of every Garda he sees?

You never know when you might need penalty points cancelled.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Longford Leader Vincent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

That fella giving Vinny cheek.
    He should know Vinny's the one who makes jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Is it not a little sad that not a single candidate actually looks the least bit presentable. They look like they've fallen out of a mid afternoon session and been ambushed by the media. Not one of them seems to have done any preparation,though that could be as a result of not one of them being able to string a coherent sentence together.

Thought the labour lad came across reasonably well tbh

Thought the labour lad came across reasonably well tbh

He hadn't anything interesting to say beyond spotting off the party rhetoric. Anytime he was challenged or called On anything he had no come back.

• Advertisement

If the Longford chap did more to ingratiate himself with Westmeath electorate, he might have some chance.

He'll obviously poll well on home turf but Longoford doesn't have the population to carry him through on it's own.

If he was more inclusive in his delivery towards the constituency as a whole he could pick up some very valuable transfers from Westmeath.

Instead he chose to play all his cards to his local voters and alienae himself from Westmeath electorate.

Poor tactics. The Longford basket isn't big enough to hold all the eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

He hadn't anything interesting to say beyond spotting off the party rhetoric. Anytime he was challenged or called On anything he had no come back.

No disagreeing on that, my point was he was presentable and well spoken. Any party candidates are on a hiding to nothing in these situations, they cant go against the party line. it's how they do this is what im looking for and in this regard he was way ahead of the other par candidates, and im not a labour supporter either, well not anymore anyway

No disagreeing on that, my point was he was presentable and well spoken. Any party candidates are on a hiding to nothing in these situations, they cant go against the party line. it's how they do this is what im looking for and in this regard he was way ahead of the other par candidates, and im not a labour supporter either, well not anymore anyway

He scrubbed up a little better than some but still there was nothing about him that would inspire confidence. I'm all for play by the party rules but you'd expect a little more than what he gave.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭patmac

1/2 McFadden with Paddy Power is a very fair price if you had a few grand to spare.

Will the 4 candidates from Athlone not cancel each other out, word is Mrs Lime/McFadden, O'Rourke and Hogan came across brutal? Thought one of the Longford candidates came across ok and the Mullingar lad with the Charity shop might do alright as he was trying to appeal to the Longford/Mullingar vote, but no-one stood out and everyone missed a real opportunity.
    Having said that a very poor show from the candidates all round and a field day for Vinnie like shooting fish in a barrel, very entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Thought the set was brutal! Liked the Leonard guy. Prime Time with Claire Byrne was a much better visual experience! She is head and shoulders above the other PT interviewers!!

Vinnie's comments were hilarious, especially in response to O'Rourke's
    claim that he had knocked on 10,000
    doors as a reason why he was the best candidate.

'So, if someone had knocked on 11,000
    doors, he/she would have been a better
    candidate than you?!' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Forthright

South European Election Tonight @ 10.

I feel another Eamon Coghlan moment in me water. It's so close to polling day, there won't be nothing left backstage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Brian Crowley ain't even bothering to turn up. He's starting to ease up at this stage, he's so far ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Brian Crowley = Smug git IMO

This Simon Harris fella can talk (sh1te mind you) but he can talk - he will get in, a mate told me he was in Wexford a couple of weeks ago and his entourage (3 very fancy jeep thingys) all parked illegally on double yellow lines, didnt give a fiddlers

You see it's things like that that really pee off the ordinary punter...grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Crowley chickened out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Vincent trying to get a bit of a stir out of this lot. But they're all too practiced at this stage. Still, he might get lucky with the Independents and small parties.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement