Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I thought Vinnie was on the way out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I thought my picture had frozen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I thought he was going to introduce Harry Magee as Harry Angstrom !

Lapin wrote: »
    I thought he was going to introduce Harry Magee as Harry Angstrom !

That would've been very freaky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That would've been very freaky :D

Yeah. Looking at Boards instead of the papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

The 10.30 is the timeline, LP people put down a no confidence motion in Gimmemore. They say they informed the party secretary of their decision early morning. Then comes the parliamentary party decision to put forward their motion. Did this all happen before 10.30. Big Porkies to save face.
    You could read it from their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

The pity is, I doubt he'll be signing on any time soon. "Broke" rich people always find a way of staying rich.

Like everything else "broke" is relative :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If Labour choose Burton or Howlin then their problems could get even worse.
    The need new and younger people at the top. The older people led them down the wrong road and dropped all their aims and principles for a wee bit of power and a lot of big pensions.

If Labour choose Burton or Howlin then their problems could get even worse.
    The need new and younger people at the top. The older people led them down the wrong road and dropped all their aims and principles for a wee bit of power and a lot of big pensions.

I hope they choose Joan Burton. I had a bet on her at 4/1 a few weeks ago to become the next Tanaiste ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Browne seems to be getting more and more confused and stuttering in his presenting with each passing week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I'm trying to get used to VB starting on time. The news update seems to have been permanently dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

So when we "overthrow capitalism", we will all be equal.....equally destitute.

VB spot on about the electronic voting in my opinion. I don't understand why electronic is unpopular here.

Emer Costello talking shyte. The election is over. You lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,589 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

VB spot on about the electronic voting in my opinion. I don't understand why electronic is unpopular here.

The issue with it in this country was its implementation was carried out despite independent experts telling them that without a paper trail there was no way to audit the results. Recommendations were made on systems that would support a paper receipt system but these were ignored and 50 odd million notes were blown on a system that couldn't be trusted.

Currently there are only elections every couple of years in this country so don't really see a need to have an investment in it, I actually like the waiting around for the results and the analysis, I must be getting old :D

That Fleming lad looks like a right sleeveen.
    Wouldn't trust him at all. He's like a feckin hitman.

Fianna Fáil were relying on widespread political Alzheimer's disease........unfortunately their hopes have been fulfilled!

M

Does Vins show go off air for the summer months soon?

The issue with it in this country was its implementation was carried out despite independent experts telling them that without a paper trail there was no way to audit the results. Recommendations were made on systems that would support a paper receipt system but these were ignored and 50 odd million notes were blown on a system that couldn't be trusted.

Currently there are only elections every couple of years in this country so don't really see a need to have an investment in it, I actually like the waiting around for the results and the analysis, I must be getting old :D

I agree, it is fun for the political anoraks among us. Still though, I would personally have no problem if they introduced electronic voting with the paper trail. The benefits seem to be there.

Does Vins show go off air for the summer months soon?

They usually get a few different glove-puppets to present the show!

• Advertisement

Labour not learning their lesson.

M

She was out at train stations, spotted her campaign car parked in a cycle lane, clearway, double yellow line area at rushour, oblivious to the law.

You're talking shyte again, Emer.

Labour not learning their lesson.

I don't understand the constant homing in on the Labour Party as being the cause of all our woes......no wonder Fianna Fáil are doing so well.:confused:

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I don't understand the constant homing in on the Labour Party as being the cause of all our woes......no wonder Fianna Fáil are doing so well.:confused:

It might have something to do with this:

labour-every-little-hurts.jpg

Roger_007 wrote: »

Labour were the party of the worker but they pounded the workers and the unemployed too a la Jobbridge and feckin internships. Free labour more like.

The country had no money left/the country was on its knees - Labour mantra - rubbish given the wages of the Labour ministers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Emer still does not get the message, how do you get these clowns to listen. Have they been cocooned in their sheltered little worlds too long. They are only there 3 years in power, they claimed in opposition that FF had lost touch with the people in 14 years of being in power. It has only take these clowns 3 years to lose touch. Jaysus the sooner they go the better.

It might have something to do with this:

labour-every-little-hurts.jpg

You seem to forget, Harry, that only one fifth of electorate supported Labour at the last election. If the public wanted Labour to implement their policies they would have voted for a majority Labour government........they did not do so, and are now saying that Labour should have implemented policies that the public did NOT vote for. :confused:

• Advertisement

The deputy leader does nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement