Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'll get my coat. :o
    Jerry Hall Colette's from Cork, isn't she? Where's her Cooooorrrrkkkkk accent? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I've never met a farmer's son or daughter yet who didn't qualify for a third level grant.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Jerry Hall Colette's from Cork, isn't she? Where's her Cooooorrrrkkkkk accent? :confused:

She sounds a bit like Jerry Hall, if you ask me..........

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Presumably her colleagues know who she is.

The garda in question is seeking legal advice because she feels her "exemplary record and reputation have been dragged through the mud, despite following all the correct protocols". She seems to be getting support from some senior members of the force too.

Aw poor babe, why didn't she make a report out so? If she did then why isn't she going public to say as such. Why didn't she pursue Shatter at the time if he drove off without permission?

Codswallop the whole lot of it.

She sounds a bit like Jerry Hall, if you ask me..........
    You seriously need to make an appointment with Specsavers ASAP, they do hearing tests and sight tests.

• Advertisement

I don't support any political party but.

Don't put words in my mouth, read my posts before making ridiculous statements like that

I see half moon face is on again

Luna Moona !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Aw poor babe, why didn't she make a report out so? If she did then why isn't she going public to say as such. Why didn't she pursue Shatter at the time if he drove off without permission?

Keep up with the news, or you will be embarrassed with your comment..

vicwatson wrote: »

There was no point in following him because he had immunity from prosecution because he was coming from the Dáil.

I think that immunity for members of the Oireachtas needs to be scrapped, at least that would put an end to any politician thinking that the law doesn't apply to them.

The Garda coming forward kinda blows a hole in Mattie McGrath telling us that drinkers on the grassy knoll outside a bar saw the whole thing, and it was those who told him about it, although Pat Kenny caught him out on that by pointing out the logistics and geography of the street in question. It was like watching Kevin Costner tearing apart the Warren Commission's official line on the JFK assassination.

• Advertisement

There was no point in following him because he had immunity from prosecution because he was coming from the Dáil.

I think that immunity for members of the Oireachtas needs to be scrapped, at least that would put an end to any politician thinking that the law doesn't apply to them.

Not sure that had been determined at that time, she says she didn't know who he was when he asked her ("do you know who I am?" asked Shatter - knob thing to say), he said he told the Gardai that he was Alan Shatter and drove off.

We are all agreed that these archaic laws are in bad need of change but I cannot see it happening.

Keep up with the news, or you will be embarrassed with your comment..

Am I missing something?

If you have more news than the rest of us, please enlighten us all.

Tonight - Seanad Eireann - should it stay or should it go?

Vinny and his panel will discuss the proposed referendum to abolish the Seanad.

Government publishes Seanad abolition referendum proposals

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/government-publishes-seanad-abolition-referendum-proposals-1.1417902

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Jaysus. :eek:
    Sarah Mcinerney looks unbelievable.

Why are Labour so keen to keep the Seanad? :confused:

Maybe they feel a bit sorry for Ivana Bacik.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Jaysus. :eek:
    Sarah Mcinerney looks unbelievable.

Pascal doesn't look bad either!
    biggrin.png

What the Seanad costs us:

Members’ salaries: €3,937,260
    Members’ allowances: €1,305,820.68
    Salaries of members’ assistants: €1,232,760
    Leaders’ allowance in respect of Seanad members: €1,823,874
    Envelopes: €148,910.40 [corrected: see earlier]
    Total costs: €8,448,624.28

http://www.thejournal.ie/cost-of-abolishing-seanad-761429-Jan2013/

Total waste of money. I'm going to vote in favour of abolition so that Marie Louise O'Donnell can concentrate on her broadcasting career and Eamon Coghlan can concentrate on his running.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Good old Paschal and his "if you could just let me answer..." shtick.

and worth every penny of it....icon10.png

• Advertisement

Total waste of money. I'm going to vote in favour of abolition so that Marie Louise O'Donnell can concentrate on her broadcasting career and Eamon Coghlan can concentrate on his running.
    Harry, You've just helped me make up my mind. I'm voting to the retain the Seanad because I couldn't bear hearing anymore of Marie Louise O'Dramatic on the wireless.

The Seanad is a nice little number if you can get in :mad:
    The Seanad sat for 520 hours in 2011, down from the 613 hours for which it sat in 2010 and the 659 hours recorded in 2009. This represents a fall of 21 per cent in the number of hours sat between 2009 and 2011.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/seanad-d%C3%A1il-costs-at-120m-1.1069675

And I want to see Fergal Quinn go back to selling beans

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Good loser

You'd think Vinny would be delighted that FG are implementing an election promise. Considering the fuss he makes ad nauseum when they break one.

Harry, You've just helped me make up my mind. I'm voting to the retain the Seanad because I couldn't bear hearing anymore of Marie Louise O'Dramatic on the wireless.

Sure she's hardly ever in the place. She said she wants to concentrate on the "macro" side of things :rolleyes:

coolhull wrote: »
    He and his family sold Superquinn in 2005 for a reputed 400 million, it's safe to say that Feargal could retire if he wanted.

http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/Quinn_family_cash-in_Superquinn_stakes_for_400m_89.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Good old Paschal and his "if you could just let me answer..." shtick.

At least he's not as bad as Bernard "Shut up Bernard" Durkin that they had on last week. I'd say the Fine Gael handlers have locked him in a cupboard and thrown away the key.

coolhull wrote: »

At least it would stop him from implementing his plans to monitor the Google activities of social welfare recipients.

http://www.politics.ie/news/senator-quinn-suggests-counter-terrorist-software-should-used-monitor-social-welfare-recipients-use-social-media-290.html

If himself and Eamon Coghlan had their way, we'd have the same internet standards as North Korea.

Vinny is rushing the newspaper preview again, I'm not happy :(

• Advertisement

Michael McDowell will be back in the Dáil again I'd say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement