Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

RobertKK wrote: »
    Hope he fully recovers but michael
    Noonan didn't have to rely on the Public Health Service.
    I'm not a fan of Mr. Noonan's but I wouldn't wish cancer or ill health on anyone. I too hope he makes a full recovery.

I wish every citizen had equal access to our medical system and that private health insurance wasn't a luxury item :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That YouTube video of Joan burton is a classic.
    She is obsessed with "can I just say..."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Hope he fully recovers but michael
    Noonan didn't have to rely on the Public Health Service.

It is really bull****, a distraction to make him look like a hero, no time for that sort of $hit. I had a belt of cancer inn 2002, operated on and spent ten weeks recovering before getting back to work, self employed no benefits, not like our hero. This sort of $hit should not be glamorized, Bridget McCole is a good example of people that had to struggle under his hands.

It is really bull****, a distraction to make him look like a hero, no time for that sort of $hit. I had a belt of cancer inn 2002, operated on and spent ten weeks recovering before getting back to work, self employed no benefits, not like our hero. This sort of $hit should not be glamorized, Bridget McCole is a good example of people that had to struggle under his hands.
    I suspect he was forced to make a statement because the media would have written about it sooner rather than later.

He and his advisors probably didn't want a media circus like the Lenihan case.

BTW, I'm sorry to read about your brush with cancer, I wish you well :)

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I suspect he was forced to make a statement because the media would have written about it sooner rather than later.

He and his advisors probably didn't want a media circus like the Lenihan case.

BTW, I'm sorry to read about your brush with cancer, I wish you well :)

Thanks I am still here. Got better breaks than some. Probably will never win the Lotto.

• Advertisement

Thanks I am still here. Got better breaks than some. Probably will never win the Lotto.
    Health is Wealth - Busted Flat.

A family friend died today, he and his wife worked very hard for years, they built up a very successful business from nothing. They were very wealthy but both got cancer, she died about five years ago and he died today, they were only in their 50s. Life is a lottery.

Health is Wealth - Busted Flat.

A family friend died today, he and his wife worked very hard for years, they built up a very successful business from nothing. They were very wealthy but both got cancer, she died about five years ago and he died today, they were only in their 50s. Life is a lottery.

Sad to hear that. My condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It would be nice if Michael Noonan had spared a thought for Susie Long while he was receiving his prompt treatment.

It would be nice if Michael Noonan had spared a thought for Susie Long while he was receiving his prompt treatment.

She was not in the circle, like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Sorry to hear that. Condolences.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

I'm going to try this format one more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Civil marriage for gay couples will in no way affect straight couples and their children. Her argument is beyond stupid at this stage.

Civil marriage for gay couples will in no way affect straight couples and their children. Her argument is beyond stupid at this stage.

At least she is not frothing at the mouth.

Whaaaaat?

Can someone explain the difference between Civil Marriage and Civil Partnership?

Are there legal differences?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Can someone explain the difference between Civil Marriage and Civil Partnership?

Hi! Quite a number of differences. Here's an Excel sheet full of them.

http://www.marriagequality.ie/download/xls/marriage_equality_missing_pieces_audit_full_list.xls

Civil partnership completely ignores family.

Obligatory dictionary reference.

http://www.marriagequality.ie/getinformed/marriage/faqs.html

I don't understand this guy's point, lots of heterosexual couples have children using assisted reproductive methods - IVF and Surrogates etc.

She sounds very sane and not homophobic alright.

• Advertisement

Hi I'm Lesjgfsshubxsruij......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I wish Vincent would ask the anti-gay speakers to state their religious beliefs. It would sort of cut through the bullshit - "I oppose giving them equal rights because my imaginary god says so"

why did Silver-Hair get so much time?

We got ten minutes without a 'I'm _______, I'm from _________.'

I personally think that a huge amount of people were against gay marriage, say ten years ago, and are now in favour of it, have mellowed out etc.

Some are still struggling to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Words...Dont come easy to me.........

We got ten minutes without a 'I'm _______, I'm from _________.'
    That's because none of them are looking for your vote :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

coolhull wrote: »
    why did Silver-Hair get so much time?

Vinnie liked her voice !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why is there even a debate about this?

Just let them have equal rights and be done with it.

• Advertisement

As soon as I heard the first definition of homophobia I knee it would turn into 'well to me homophobia is...'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement