Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

He looks very troubled and conflicted, poor bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Life's a box of candy folks.
    It takes All Sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Waffling ****ing nerd.......go on Max slap that tosser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Some of the crowd look very eager to get speaking.

Sir, sir, sir, sir!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I think it's kind of ironic that all of the people who are accused of being the bullies and bigots are the ones who are being talked over and having their opinions suppressed...

• Advertisement

bumper234 wrote: »
    Waffling ****ing nerd.......go on Max slap that tosser.

I think most people can see that he is fighting something.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Trendy priest guy beating around the bush there

I think it's kind of ironic that all of the people who are accused of being the bullies and bigots are the ones who are being talked over and having their opinions suppressed...

They aren't. Their opinions are being successfully refuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

He looks very troubled and conflicted, poor bloke.

Yeah, he's been dealing with self-serving liars every night on his show for the last few years.
    Wouldn't blame him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

If you tell people what they can and can't do with their own lives, you're inevitably going to be spoken over.

• Advertisement

I know that priest Fr Cusack from The Redemptorist monastery in Dundalk
    I'm not very religious but I have a good time for him. He is all for change and openness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Hitchens

another flippin' break? :eek:

Why would they need so many breaks? It doesn't seem like they are lining up speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

The gay marriage stuff bothers me in that it's so obvious they're being discriminated against. And we have a system of laws that give equal human rights to everyone. In terms of discrimination, you're not supposed to be discriminated against whether that's the colour of your skin, religion etc. I feel like the gay community is fighting a similar battle as the black community did in the US in the 50's and 60's.

That's what boggles my mind, the opposition must know they're in the wrong. They must see in a generation that people who look back on people with the signs "It's Adam and Eve" not "Adam and Steve" will look at them the same as we overwhelmingly do in the 60's and not see they're on the wrong side of history. It boggles my mind frankly. I mean we could tax them on their wedding licenses and make money off it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Why would they need so many breaks? It doesn't seem like they are lining up speakers.

400,000 u employed so 11:30 pm is prime time tv viewing time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Nestle-gets-no-break-in-South-African-Kit-Kat-trademark-row_strict_xxl.jpg

I know that priest Fr Cusack from The Redemptorist monastery in Dundalk
    I'm not very religious but I have a good time for him. He is all for change and openness.

Meh he didn't seem so open to change there. He will "listen" alright and doesn't wear the frock. But same old same old in my opinion.

Going off TV 3. Far too many breaks and it interferes with the enjoyment of the programmes. The average break lasts 7 minutes. Is this the 5th or 6th tonight?

maybe Vinnie has overactive bladder syndrome?

Meh he didn't seem so open to change there. He will "listen" alright and doesn't wear the frock. But same old same old in my opinion.

No he is very open. He didn't have much time there in fairness. I have heard him several times in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Wow.
    Who's she.

RayM wrote: »
    Woah, pray the fabulous right out of them.

Davina Devine, a Dublin drag queen, has tweeted to say that that man beside the scientist with the glasses talking cr*p is his ex-boyfriend.

Why do people from down south pronounce it "committeeeeeeee"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Conor Cusack is an excellent speaker. Maybe this is my own bigotry here, but I never expected a GAA player to speak so eloquently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I don't agree with gay marriage, the people who think it's an open and shut "obvious" case really don't understand the issue at all. Marriage is sanctioned by society and for society.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Going off TV 3. Far too many breaks and it interferes with the enjoyment of the programmes. The average break lasts 7 minutes. Is this the 5th or 6th tonight?

At a minimum Tayto man

RayM wrote: »
    Conor Cusack is an excellent speaker. Maybe this is my own bigotry here, but I never expected a GAA player to speak so eloquently.
    huh? have you never heard the speeches after winning the All Ireland? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I wouldn't be a FG supporter but fair play to Buttimer for 'coming out'

I don't agree with gay marriage, the people who think it's an open and shut "obvious" case really don't understand the issue at all. Marriage is sanctioned by society and for society.

Who makes up society?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Hitchens wrote: »
    huh? have you never heard the speeches after winning the All Ireland? :p
    Ray never heard Anthony Daly's 1995 acceptance speech ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement