Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What a ridiculous question to ask Padraig MacLochlainn, pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I don't agree with gay marriage, the people who think it's an open and shut "obvious" case really don't understand the issue at all. Marriage is sanctioned by society and for society.

In what way will giving equal rights to gay people impact upon your own rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I don't agree with gay marriage, the people who think it's an open and shut "obvious" case really don't understand the issue at all. Marriage is sanctioned by society and for society.
    Please enlighten us. What is the 'issue'? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Padraig MacLochlainn always gets a kick out of Vincent.
    Remember when he laughingly called him "bastard" live on air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Thomas Pringle absolutely creeps me out..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It's funny to see half the audience clapping and the others sitting with their hands folded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Oh Jesus its turning into a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Hitchens

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Ray never heard Anthony Daly's 1995 acceptance speech ;)
    pure inspirational :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

What a sneaky question from Vincent. Dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Who makes up society?

Everyone makes up society. That's why this issue is uniquely suited for a democratic vote.

If the majority vote for it then sure, I don't value marriage much anyway. But people are always discriminated against in all kinds of ways. What about if a person wants to marry an animal or a plant?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Jesus hung around with 12 blokes all the time, nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Watch out...he's got a dictionary!

Everyone makes up society. That's why this issue is uniquely suited for a democratic vote.

If the majority vote for it then sure, I don't value marriage much anyway. But people are always discriminated against in all kinds of ways. What about if a person wants to marry an animal or a plant?

Annnnnnnnd there it is....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Hitchens wrote: »
    pure inspirational :P
    I remember every word ...

"In Clare, we love our traditional music but we love our hurling too".

Each to their own. I couldn't give a toss if someone wants to marry a plant as long as they dont want to grow it in my front garden.

Oh oh psycho alert

Reminds me of gingers have souls guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Oh another clearly straight man against gay marriage...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Hitchens

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I remember every word ...

"In Clare, we love our traditional music but we love our hurling too".

just imagine the speech Davy would have made :eek: :D

You can be as homophobic as you like in the comfort of the polling booth. The result of the equal marriage referendum won't be influenced by people being afraid of getting labelled as homophobes.

• Advertisement

I wonder is yer man a boardsie

What about if a person wants to marry an animal or a plant?
    If they want to marry an oak tree, or a Vietnamese pig, it won't affect my life. Would it affect yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Jesus hung around with 12 blokes all the time, nuff said.

Only eleven of the apostles were gay.. One of them denied Jesus three times...

vicwatson wrote: »
    I couldn't give a toss if someone wants to marry a plant as long as they dont want to grow it in my front garden.
    Or mate with it :D

Only in public

What about if a person wants to marry an animal or a plant?

Around a century ago, I bet you would have heard similarly illogical and frankly idiotic arguments from those opposed to female suffrage...

"Well, if you’re going to allow women to vote, aren't you effectively also extending the franchise to children? Perhaps hamsters should be allowed to vote too."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

coolhull wrote: »
    If they want to marry an oak tree, or a Vietnamese pig, it won't affect my life. Would it affect yours?

No, but what about a microorganism or an imaginary person or someone who doesn't even know them?

Marriage is an arbitrary invented concept by society and society can arbitrarily determine what the invented concept means. As I say I really don't care one way or the other and don't think it's an important issue.

Blasphemus Law - I'm telling ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Moronic Ladbrokes ad.

• Advertisement

He wanted to see Jesus' hole first didn't he?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement