Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Even if McGuinness's son worked hard for that overtime, the optics of it are all wrong. Just goes to show how arrogant they are. McGuinness should have taken on another person to cover for the staff member's maternity leave.

One word - "arrogance", and this is what grinds me gears !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

coolhull wrote: »
    The lady with the glasses should get her lungs checked out. Doesn't sound healthy.

Why not email her that news flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

I actually thought the journalist was pretty poor to be honest, although I think what McGuinness did was unacceptable, your man was hardly going to get Journalist of the year for this scoop. I agree with Vinny, far more important things out there to be chasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

JM Skipton wrote: »
    I actually thought the journalist was pretty poor to be honest, although I think what McGuinness did was unacceptable, your man was hardly going to get Journalist of the year for this scoop. I agree with Vinny, far more important things out there to be chasing.

Yeah, but nothing that has the potential for taking the p1ss as much as this storybiggrin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It's bad form that no bishop could be bothered to appear on the programme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MrsD007 wrote: »

Could they not get John Bishop, he usually shows up anywhere there's an RTE camera..

But not surprising. Those guys want to make 'statements' but not have to answer questions

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Could they not get John Bishop, he usually shows up anywhere there's an RTE camera..

I was going to suggest Decco or Zumo.

I was going to suggest Decco or Zumo.
    I enjoy the Bishops, they're the only reason I watch Fair City. Btw, he's called Declan these days not Decco :cool:

Niamh, and her big cartoon head, got a fair run at it there..
    I thought it was a monologue there for a second..

• Advertisement

Niamh, and her big cartoon head, got a fair run at it there..
    I thought it was a monologue there for a second..
    What happened Jonny, you used to be a fan of Niamh's. Did she block your access to her facebook and twitter accounts? :D

Peter is trying to row back from the 'we all have to die sometime' remark that he made the last night he was on the show.

What happened Jonny, you used to be a fan of Niamh's. Did she block your access to her facebook and twitter accounts? :D

NO that's Glenda Gilson... Horse Racing Ireland have barred me from their website..

Peter Matthews has the potential to cause a bit of havoc over this issue, but probably, when it comes down to it, like all the noisy Govt TDs, he'll end up doing as he's bloody-well told.

coolhull wrote: »
    Peter Matthews has the potential to cause a bit of havoc over this issue, but probably, when it comes down to it, like all the noisy Govt TDs, he'll end up doing as he's bloody-well told.
    Nah, he is only one TD, he will vote against it but it will be carried anyway. Lucinda Creighton and Simon Coveney voiced concerns but they seem to be towing the party line again.

When Mathews was appearing on the VB Show a few years back as a financial expert, I never thought I'd see him appearing as a FG TD arguing about the intricacies of abortion legislation. It's a strange world.

"the certification for qualification of a termination"

Is Brush Shiels writing Peter Matthews' speeches these days?

I'd forgotten Billy Kelleher was there.

When Mathews was appearing on the VB Show a few years back as a financial expert, I never thought I'd see him appearing as a FG TD arguing about the intricacies of abortion legislation. It's a strange world.

This guy is a complete and utter idiot. One night he asked for Social Welfare to be cut but of course he then stated that no way would be prepared to live on 188 Euro a week himself but he believes others should survive on less.

Typical of what we are voting in. Narcissistic pretentious clowns who arent smart enough for the important and responsible role they have been empowered to do

Billy's hair is looking well tonight! I wonder has he switched from 'Grecian 5000' to 'Just For Men', there is a definite improvement in the colour, it's far more natural.

• Advertisement

JESUS WEPT This guy is a gobs*te :mad:

Poor Vinny is going to explode,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

"Will you stop asking questions and make your point!"

...."YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN! STOP!"

NoDrama wrote: »
    Poor Vinny is going to explode,,,,

He is not the only one. What are FG doing letting this moron on television?!

Billy's hair is looking well tonight! I wonder has he switched from 'Grecian 5000' to 'Just For Men', there is a definite improvement in the colour, it's far more natural.

Billy is definitely a spare part tonight. I reckon he's spent most of the night admiring himself on the studio monitor.

Billy's hair is looking well tonight!

Shur you're salivating over every man that comes on the VB show... MrsD, the Brenda Donoghue of the Vincent Browne thread..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

EDIT: Mathews is a condescending so and so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Any little respect I had for Matthews, has now been lost.

Should have stuck to the economics.

Billy is definitely a spare part tonight. I reckon he's spent most of the night admiring himself on the studio monitor.

Billy playing the moral high ground card now. Pathetic politics in this country :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Billy very statesmanslike :pac::p
    Is Matthews at least agreeing that termination is acceptable if necessary to save the life of the mother.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement