Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Vinnie ignoring Beaker?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

He asked him a simple question, no need for him to react like that. The info is already in the public domain anyway

Yeah, he was unnecessarily vitriolic, but Browne is adept at calculatingly goading a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Perfectly valid question was asked. FS looks to be sulking now

• Registered Users Posts: 82,309 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Only caught the tail end of the bust up at the start. :D

Has anyone ever walked off Vinnies show? There's a couple of regulars who I seriously think use the show as an outlet for a weekly punishment slot, I suppose as a new up and coming TD it's the best training you would get.

• The day Constantin smiles, will be the day the ground opens up and gobbles us all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Hitchens wrote: »
    Vinnie ignoring Beaker?:confused:

I'm starting to wonder if he hasn't been dragged out back by a bouncer. Ah, he's back, looks like the beaten was around the torso, no marks on the face.

Did this guy swim here?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

deise man wrote: »
    Sheehan was dead right. It's a wonder browne hasn't got a box in the face from a guest. He's one annoying interviewer.
    I'm getting sick and tired of Sheahan, he doesn't seem able to cope with any criticism or questioning of Independent Newspapers at all. Over the last few weeks, I've heard him lose the rag on the Right Hook and The Pat Kenny Show too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Their statements make them sound even worse. They remind me of the Youtube clip with the child with the chocolate all over his face telling his mother that he didn't eat any chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

The best bit of this is the two scummy dopes categorically denying misleading anyone.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That Fitzgerald guy sounds like he's in there on work experience.

M

Why were these tapes sitting around for 3 months, should have been released first time they got them and not cashed in when it was a slow news week.

ThisRegard wrote: »

Yeah, doesn't seem to know a whole lot. Quite vaccuous and just soundbyting.

RTE news gave this 10 minutes tonight.

Why were these tapes sitting around for 3 months, should have been released first time they got them and not cashed in when it was a slow news week.
    To be fair, it would have taken them a while to go through all the tapes to find material that was newsworthy.

M

Don't think any bankers will be making any calls on their office phones of any importance in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Don't think any bankers will be making any calls on their office phones of any importance in the future.
    I would be willing to bet a lot of money that neither of them realised that the conversation was being recorded!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

du Maurier wrote: »
    Yeah, he was unnecessarily vitriolic, but Browne is adept at calculatingly goading a person.

agreed but dont see how that was goading, was a simple question

agreed but dont see how that was goading, was a simple question

Sometimes hard to detect - but he has form for the obtuse nature in his questioning. But yes, he probably was posing a simple question there. Asked it quite a few times though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Their statements make them sound even worse. They remind me of the Youtube clip with the child with the chocolate all over his face telling his mother that he didn't eat any chocolate.

Good evening Harold, I heard the statement and I have two issues..

1. The first part of the statement attempts to say that at the time they attempting to acquire funds from the Government with a view to then returning to the markets when they had overcome temporary problems.. But the tapes make it crystal clear that they really dont see a future for the bank and there will be NO chance of the Government getting their money back..

2. There is a cowardly attempt to say "We wouldnt have had enough responsibility to be involved in the big decisions, so what we said doesnt really matter". Passing the book, presumably to David Drummer really is the last refuge of a coward.. It's a pity Drummer wasnt as good at pulling things out of his hat as he was out of his ar$e..

• Advertisement

Matt Cooper was pretty angry about this today.
    Gave an hour to it.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    To be fair, it would have taken them a while to go through all the tapes to find material that was newsworthy.

Williams mentioned that they had to have them fairly well checked out for their authenticity as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It will probably take a few days for the relevance of these tapes to hit home.
    These boys willingly dumped their problems on the taxpayers of Ireland, their children and grandchildren.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

ThisRegard wrote: »

why drag Davy into this? :D

I know what I'll be giving Vinny and Fionnan this Christmas

anger-management-posters.jpg

charlie-sheen-anger-management-header.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Good evening Harold, I heard the statement and I have two issues..

1. The first part of the statement attempts to say that at the time they attempting to acquire funds from the Government with a view to then returning to the markets when they had overcome temporary problems.. But the tapes make it crystal clear that they really dont see a future for the bank and there will be NO chance of the Government getting their money back..

2. There is a cowardly attempt to say "We wouldnt have had enough responsibility to be involved in the big decisions, so what we said doesnt really matter". Passing the book, presumably to David Drummer really is the last refuge of a coward.. It's a pity Drummer wasnt as good at pulling things out of his hat as he was out of his ar$e..

Quod erat demonstrandum ;)

Hitchens wrote: »
    why drag Davy into this? :D

He was more disappointed after they won.. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Does Gorgiev have lipstick on...? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

As Jimmy Conway told Henry Hill - "never talk on the fockin phone"!

• Advertisement
    M

Personally unless an someone is going to be held accountable to a level that will result in them going to jail I would prefer if the €10 million or whatever massive sum of money will be blown on a tribunal/barristers wet dream/enquiry was instead placed in the centre of Stephens Green and torched some winters day so the public could get some heat from it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement