Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Bit of a schoolyard spat really but clearly Fionann came on with an agenda. But I am surprised that with Vinnie's experience he hadn't anticipated it and been better prepared to handle it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Jaysus, don't think I've ever seen Vinny rattled like that.

I actually think the exact opposite, I think Vinny looked remarkably unaffected by it. As we know Vinny can fly off the handle as well, but it was very early in the programme for that and there was no issue at hand. I think Vinny had hardly taken his seat and gotten settled in yet, it was just a "wtf" expression, not being rattled.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Primetime special on the Anglo tapes now.
    Williams saying it's the tip of the iceberg. :eek:

Noel Whelan on no doubt to say how poor FF were bamboozled by these knackers.

Edit: CathARSis.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭deise man

Is tom lyons not with the Sunday indo?

popcorn-o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭I8A4RE

Surgical Procedure - Hope its not too serious. Word of warning VinB, if you see this doctor run for the hills

Muppets_Beaker.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,469 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wow, that call just played on VB. Shocking.

Sounded more like 2 lads running a market stall meeting in a pub rather than 2 senior professional bank officials.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,309 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Liked the Anglo hold music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Not a chance, the sexual tension that exists between Vincent and Fionnan is great for the programme's ratings ;)

fyp

That communion haircut really does it for some people..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I8A4RE wrote: »
    Surgical Procedure - Hope its not too serious. Word of warning VinB, if you see this doctor run for the hills

Muppets_Beaker.jpg

Another round of the hair transplant proceedure??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

fyp

That communion haircut really does it for some people..
    Whatever you're into Jonny ;) Fionnan does nothing for me.

M

I think there's still some in FF believe that if Lehmans didn't fold Anglo would be fine as they would have had access to more money to save them :rolleyes:

I think there's still some in FF believe that if Lehmans didn't fold Anglo would be fine as they would have had access to more money to save them :rolleyes:

Calleary wasn't far off doing that on Primetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

I know she was asked how she felt as a German hearing that. But surely focusing on how the version of Deutschland Deutschland Uber Alles was outdated, is widely missing the point. If they ve touched a sore spot with some Hitler reference in a 5 year old phonecall well whoppity-do.
    Back to the stolen billions please... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lenihan and Cowan were badly hoodwinked by those Bankers.
    They fell for it hook, line and sinker.
    The Regulator of the time, Neary, should have his pension revoked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

These scumbags on the tapes, sound like the scumbags in Love Hate. I would love to know what their teenage children think about what their parents did. The kids have got to be embarrassed about their parents activities. But that is if they were brought up in the scumbag school of private education. Not all, some are respectable people that have a conscious.
    But these are few in these establishment's, only the corrupt get through.

These scumbags on the tapes, sound like the scumbags in Love Hate. I would love to know what their teenage children think about what their parents did. The kids have got to be embarrassed about their parents activities. But that is if they were brought up in the scumbag school of private education. Not all, some are respectable people that have a conscious.
    But these are few in these establishment's, only the corrupt get through.

M

One guy got 6 years in prison for defrauding the state of €1.6 million in garlic duty. On the level of hardship these bankers have caused the citizens of this state they should get about 100,000 years a piece.

64 billion?
    Peter Matthews reckons it's more like 100 billion.

M

This FF ar$ehole is wrecking my head, unreal idiot :mad:

• Advertisement

Vincent is a very poor host of late.
    He keeps interfering when someone is making an important point.
    Both he and Sam should be put out to pasture.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The guarantee protected a small number of people. Most people didn't have an Anglo account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

One guy got 6 years in prison for defrauding the state of €1.6 million in garlic duty. On the level of hardship these bankers have caused the citizens of this state they should get about 100,000 years a piece.

But your comparing apples with oranges (or garlic) here :P

The difference being that even by the time of his sentencing that chap was well on the road to repaying his debt to state to try and make amends. The bankers wont even be pretending to do anything like making amends or apologies etc.

M

Historians will say a voting majority of people in Ireland are fcuking idiots and are currently beginning to vote back in the creators of our demise, FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I'm wondering is there any politicians in these tape recordings.

Ah FFS Vinny.
    Defending this clown.

I hope the Bank of Ireland kept the tape of the argument I had with them over charges to my account.
    Someone will get a great laugh out of it with the things I said to them on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

This FF ar$ehole is wrecking my head, unreal idiot :mad:

5 years on and he's still defending the guarantee, what a cretin.

That german wan on the panel is just a waste of space as well, can't they just make Gordiejv a permanent panelist, he's about the only one on there that ever makes sense.

I love ze german bird when she gets excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I'm wondering is there any politicians in these tape recordings.

Maybe Michael Lowry somewhere? he loves making a tool of himself on tape

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement