Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I know all that, but do you not see the irony of her making a speech opposing the bill and then voting in favour of it. At least the 4 backbenchers went ahead and voted against it. Lucinda is trying to have it both ways.

Mike Murphy had a show on years ago, one night he said "Bullocks" in relation to some incident, the clowns crawled out from under their rocks and condemned his profanity, That is what politicians are afraid of. Lucy knows that, even if it goes against the grain. They are all afraid of what is going to crawl out from under the religious rocks. That is what all parties have to consider. Some criticize Iran for the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Is it not time this country and its TDs forget all this religious guff and just get on with it? I don't remember Lucinda or those other 'rebels' having an attack of conscience when the Government started taking money from the chronically-disabled, the carers, or the most helpless in our society.
    Though I'm certainly not a Kenny supporter, he's right when he says that he has to be leader of all the country, not just the rosary-bead brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

coolhull wrote: »
    Is it not time this country and its TDs forget all this religious guff and just get on with it? I don't remember Lucinda or those other 'rebels' having an attack of conscience when the Government started taking money from the chronically-disabled, the carers, or the most helpless in our society.
    Though I'm certainly not a Kenny supporter, he's right when he says that he has to be leader of all the country, not just the rosary-bead brigade.

Exactly ... I have asked again & again why is it "conscience" only applies on this one issue? Why is the Finance Bill not a moral issue & why aren't there calls for a free vote on all the issues that negatively impact the quality of life of the citizenry of this state (the ones that are actually living, breathing, sentient human beings I mean)?
    It's the hypocristy that really annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Lapin wrote: »
    We should grant Snowden assylum here.
    Then tell the yanks they can have him if they send Drumm beck here.
    A fair swop. ;)

I have passed this on to my solicitor..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85350361&postcount=150

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    At last we agree on something - she is definitely trying to have it both ways.

That's fairly Kinky.

• Advertisement

Watched Sam last nite and I find him infuriating.. Mumbling through the intro sequences, skillfully moving his eyebrows with the coordination of the bear in the big blue house, feigning outrage and surprise in equal measures...

Could they not find somebody better for the role? anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hmmm, I've a feeling the mullet will be on now to give the view on BOD?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hmmm, I've a feeling the mullet will be on now to give the view on BOD?
    Nah, he is in Australia.

Nah, he is in Australia.

For who? for what?

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit confused about program names on radio and TV e.g. Tonight with Vincent Browne, (without Vincent Browne), The John Murray Show, (without John Murray), The Pat Kenny Show, (without Pat Kenny). I think that these programs should have more generic names and not be tied to the presenters.

The Ronan Collins show (with a far superior presenter in Cathal Murray) & Mooney (most of the time with some has been or some wanna be)

• Advertisement

Did Hannigan borrow Joan Collins' shoulder pads?

Y'know this German wan gives me blisters on my boils.

Seriously condescending and her accent drives me bonkers.

Ok off to take a chill pill.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The Ronan Collins show (with a far superior presenter in Cathal Murray) & Mooney (most of the time with some has been or some wanna be)

Hook's Saturday Sit-In.

It lives up to its name, as there's always somebody sitting in for George Hook.

I actually think Hannigan is looking well this evening, I like his suit. Billy on the other hand looks wrecked tired.

No, Hilary Devey's

article-1312048474309-0D390A7900000578-611093_636x318.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Billy on the other hand looks wrecked tired.

he does alright, so would I if I was stuck between Sam and Hanigan :P

An American, who works for an Irish union, as an economist... I'd say he has a hell of a time debating...... with himself..

I like Cathal too, RTE should offer him a proper daytime show, he's lost in the 6am slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I look forward to the day when Sinn Fein are in government. Utopia will have arrived??

I like Cathal too, RTE should offer him a proper daytime show, he's lost in the 6am slot.

Normally MrsD talks rubbish, like about BOD, but on this I agree..

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I look forward to the day when Sinn Fein are in government. Utopia will have arrived??

Not for them it wont.. :D

Plus he has a far superior eclectic mix of music for the modern radio listener, not showbands. Trying to oust Collins now...........be harder than trying to oust Finucan and that would be tres hard as we all know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Y'know this German wan gives me blisters on my boils.

Seriously condescending and her accent drives me bonkers.

Ok off to take a chill pill.

"You know the way"....

Normally MrsD talks rubbish, like about BOD, but on this I agree..
    LOL :D:D:D

I'll remember that the next time you PM me begging me to chat to you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Oh god they have that bloody german wan on again...you know the way...

Do they think that just because she's a kraut that she's some kind of authority on the inner workings of the eu? She's just a bloody culchie solicitor ffs and she's incredibly irritating as well :mad:

If they were doing (another) remake of The A-Team, I think Dominic would make an adequate Face..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

LOL :D:D:D

I'll remember that the next time you PM me begging me to chat to you :p
    Begging;)....mmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Sam defending his FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I wonder if Sam will ask Ursula her opinion on the Brian O'Driscoll story?

• Advertisement

token101 wrote: »
    "You know the zeee way"....

FYP :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement