Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,756 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well he did give up his life, the poor lad :D:D

He was invited too, and going by the cover up between government employees and the crooked bank, between them all they were looking for a good catch. It will cost us all, and our kids future, a small fortune, over the fook up by this state, in their criminal handling of the Quinns.

The EBS wrote to me many times offering a mortgage top-up for a house extension, move to a bigger house or to buy a new car.
    I didn't bother as I was happy enough paying the loans i had and my repayments were high enough.
    I resisted the urge to get greedy.
    Quinn should have done the same. You can only eat one meal at a time, sleep in one bed and drive one car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hitchens wrote: »
    Priceless :D:D

That fairly took away the credibility of the whole protest right there. I posted on the other thread earlier how he reminded me of Tony Hancock and the Magna Carta..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

The EBS wrote to me many times offering a mortgage top-up for a house extension, move to a bigger house or to buy a new car.
    I didn't bother as I was happy enough paying the loans i had and my repayments were high enough.
    I resisted the urge to get greedy.
    Quinn should have done the same. You can only eat one meal at a time, sleep in one bed and drive one car.

How many people do you employ, nothing personal, how many did the Quinn group employ. Big outfits have to spread out to keep ahead of things. Some like Quinn fall, because they are not in the inner circle of this corrupt little kip of a country. It is not getting any better.

Quinn certainly should not have got involved with Anglo to the extent he did.. But if you are in his position pre-2007, everything is rosy, the bank is AAA rated, the Central Bank / Regulator / Auditors are giving Anglo the thumbs up, and most critically..... Drummer and the rest of the b*st*rds in Anglo are doing the same "skin in the game" routine that they did on the State a short while later..

It's certainly right that he should have lost some of his money. But it seems that everybody who were professionally and legally obliged to be giving him correct advice were either incompetent or deliberately misleading. And nothing has happened to any of them.

• Advertisement

Quinn certainly should not have got involved with Anglo to the extent he did.. But if you are in his position pre-2007, everything is rosy, the bank is AAA rated, the Central Bank / Regulator / Auditors are giving Anglo the thumbs up, and most critically..... Drummer and the rest of the b*st*rds in Anglo are doing the same "skin in the game" routine that they did on the State a short while later..

It's certainly right that he should have lost some of his money. But it seems that everybody who were professionally and legally obliged to be giving him correct advice were either incompetent or deliberately misleading. And nothing has happened to any of them.

I agree with you. I am not anti Quinn but I believe he was stupid in his business dealings and brought a lot of it on himself.
    I would rather see the Anglo people in jail than Quinn.

How many people do you employ, nothing personal, how many did the Quinn group employ. Big outfits have to spread out to keep ahead of things. Some like Quinn fall, because they are not in the inner circle of this corrupt little kip of a country. It is not getting any better.

I used to employ a few.
    I never put all my eggs in one basket and always made sure that I got good advice from independent people.
    Look i am not anti Quinn but I do think he was very naive.

I used to employ a few.
    I never put all my eggs in one basket and always made sure that I got good advice from independent people.
    Look i am not anti Quinn but I do think he was very naive.

Quinn had the best advisers, auditors, and legal people highly paid, monkeys, and look where that got him. It was a thriving bank according to the monkeys in financial area, the Regulator, and central bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Normal service resumed.
    Vinny back.
    Anglo tapes again.
    Should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Gawd, the sound quality on those tapes is lousy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

We could do with some subtitles for this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

A few subtitles wouldn't go amiss.

This Tom fellah, though probably brilliant, looks like he should be at home packing his school lunch

coolhull wrote: »
    This Tom fellah, though probably brilliant, looks like he should be at home packing his school lunch

He is on his holliers, he does not have to do that till September.

Lapin wrote: »
    A few subtitles wouldn't go amiss.

Ah Vinny's not that bad. :P

Was that Con Hogan guy the guy they were mimicking in the earlier tapes.

This is the tape of the clown deluding himself that the 7 billion bed and breakfast shenanigans between them and ILP was OK.
    Jesus wept.

Was that Con Hogan guy the guy they were mimicking in the earlier tapes.
    No, I they just picked him out of their arsebiggrin.png

These tapes are really making my blood boil.

To think Countess Markievicz gave up his life for these bastards.

Poor chap. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This is the tape of the clown deluding himself that the 7 billion bed and breakfast shenanigans between them and ILP was OK.
    Jesus wept.

Amazing how nobody has been brought to book over that. Although this is Ireland, so maybe it's not so amazing after all.

• Advertisement

Poor chap. ;)

What's great about that guy is there's a (manly-ish) bust of Markievicz on Stephen's Green IIRC just across from where he was.
    The guy obviously took a quick look at it and thought Jaysus i'll throw some of this into my speech as well.
    :D

Is the SBP winding up, anyone know.

What drugs did Vinny mention?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Is the SBP winding up, anyone know.

What drugs did Vinny mention?

Lithium I think he said. Is he bipolar?

Lithium I think he said. Is he bipolar?

That's what i thought he said.
    If so, that's either for (resistant) Depression or Bipolar Disorder.

Poor chap. ;)

Why is your blood ready to boil, are you just visiting this country. The people of this country have been fooked right left and center, since the foundation of this state. We have useless kunts put up on pedestals for us to cheer on, while they gave it to us up our rear. Someday maybe our grankids will have the guts to stand up to these parasites, if any of them can afford to stay in their country.

What's great about that guy is there's a (manly-ish) bust of Markievicz on Stephen's Green IIRC just across from where he was.
    The guy obviously took a quick look at it and thought Jaysus i'll throw some of this into my speech as well.
    :D

Indeed !

170px-Constance_Markiewicz_in_st_stephens_green.JPG

And another revealing feature of the fella's ignorance is the fact that Marvievicz died from TB in her own bed surrounded by her family.

170px-Constance_Markiewicz_in_st_stephens_green.JPG

I'm sure demonstrator Tom D'Arcy would agree that she's certainly a handsome woman..

Why is your blood ready to boil, are you just visiting this country. The people of this country have been fooked right left and center, since the foundation of this state. We have useless kunts put up on pedestals for us to cheer on, while they gave it to us up our rear. Someday maybe our grankids will have the guts to stand up to these parasites, if any of them can afford to stay in their country.

I think you may have missed the gist of my post. ;)

I'm sure demonstrator Tom D'Arcy would agree that she's certainly a handsome woman..

She has a nice bust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He is on his holliers, he does not have to do that till September.

Looks like Fionnán is on his holliers as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement