Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Just get Siobhan Bastible back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

RayM wrote: »
    She's smart enough to accept that her "níl" vote will achieve nothing, other than leave her on the wrong side of history. Without being Enda Kenny's running mate, she hasn't got a hope of getting elected again. Lucinda Creighton is a talented, intelligent politician, with a good chance of getting re-elected, regardless of whether or not she's a member of Fine Gael. Michelle Mulherin doesn't have that luxury.
    I wonder would Lucy be as quick to lose the whip if it was going to bring down the government?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Could we get a referendum on aborting Fidelma Healy Eames

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

RayM wrote: »
    She's smart enough to accept that her "níl" vote will achieve nothing, other than leave her on the wrong side of history. Without being Enda Kenny's running mate, she hasn't got a hope of getting elected again. Lucinda Creighton is a talented, intelligent politician, with a good chance of getting re-elected, regardless of whether or not she's a member of Fine Gael. Michelle Mulherin doesn't have that luxury.
    I know if I was Enda, I would want someone like Lucinda in my party rather than someone as flaky as Michelle. I'm no fan of Lucinda's but I admire her for standing by her principles.

• I thought Vincent is on until 1am tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

He is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Fidelma Healy Eames is the most consistently proven fool of a politician I have ever seen, legal disputes, motoring offenses, made a show of herself worldwide with the fraping thing, this interview is just cringing. Mary Lou actually seemed to feel sorry for her. Why can't she look at the camera?

Hopefully if she votes no, that will be the end of her political career.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Interesting that Inda got slapped down by his Euro equivalents (the EPP or whatever they call themselves?) for not allowing a free vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Dana and Fidelma? Vincent, you spoil us.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Who's taking over until 5am?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

lol, Dana getting owned hard.

• lertsnim wrote: »
    He is

Ah, UPC playing games on me.

Oh no a priest talking about pregnancy. He's supposed to be celebate?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ron jambo

Is this the auld one that wouldn't pay the plummer, I stand corrected if I am wrong.

Trains are free
    Doesn't pay car tax either :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I wish pro-lifers would open their eyes and realise that society functions fine in countries that have legalised abortion and babies are not being targetted etc.

Embarrassing that this is still up for debate 40-50 years behind the rest of Western Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I know if I was Enda, I would want someone like Lucinda in my party rather than someone as flaky as Michelle. I'm no fan of Lucinda's but I admire her for standing by her principles.

Creighton has no principles, if she did she would have left the government on the myriad of other decisions that this government are making that are damaging and even putting people's lives at stake. She is chasing the votes of those who still completely abide by the church's view on this matter, and maybe she thinks it's a clever move for her in a selfish way career wise in the long run. Hopefully she's wrong.

I'm no fan of Enda Kenny, but fair play to him and his government for insisting that the whip should apply on this issue as it does on all other issues. Hopefully people will see through Creighton's cynical posturing with a long term view for personal advancement, on this matter.

• Could the camera man, or the make-up artisit, please throw in the towel for Dana?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I thought Vincent is on until 1am tonight?

Watch his eyes, if they get red before twelve, we will get to see Without a trace, it would get us ready for the laba, instead of listening to this bull$hite.

Is that Donie Cassidy's toupe.

I was listening to Leo Varadkar being interviewed today and he was asked if the TDs who voted against the bill could be given a second chance before the next election.

He claimed that TDs would have to show continued support for government policies and the next test of that support come during the campaign to abolish the Seanad.

Lucinda has already stated that she wants the Seanad reformed and not abolished so she could outside the party for a while.

• Advertisement

Ah Vinny. Stop being so cruel. :D

In fairness, pre-election, Matthews was given an assurance of a free-vote on this issue IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Lucinda can sort of afford to stand by her principles though. She's a barrister - Even if she quits politics, he can still have a successful career. Michelle Mulherin is just another small-town solicitor. If she wasn't the Taoiseach's running-mate, her future career prospects would be quite dull.

Go on Vinny, poor Mathews..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Could the camera man, or the make-up artisit, please throw in the towel for Dana?

It was too late years ago why waste peoples time now.

Lucinda used to be pro-choice* in college apparently and then changed her mind recently. It's been speculated that she changed her mind when she met her husband. So I wouldn't praise Lucinda for her "principles".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Ah Vinny. Stop being so cruel. :D
    To his credit Vinny just demolished pro-life argument.

Lennonist wrote: »
    Creighton has no principles, if she did she would have left the government on the myriad of other decisions that this government are making that are damaging and even putting people's lives at stake. She is chasing the votes of those who still completely abide by the church's view on this matter, and maybe she thinks it's a clever move for her in a selfish way career wise in the long run. Hopefully she's wrong.

I'm no fan of Enda Kenny, but fair play to him and his government for insisting that the whip should apply on this issue as it does on all other issues. Hopefully people will see through Creighton's cynical posturing with a long term view for personal advancement, on this matter.
    I think your wrong, if she was trying to obtain votes, she has picked the wrong side to support. Polls have shown that pro choice side are way ahead.

Oh Jaysus not the "men dying in mines" again Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

are the Blueshirts starting to implode? :eek:

• Advertisement

Lucinda used to be pro-life in college apparently and then changed her mind recently. It's been speculated that she changed her mind when she met her husband. So I wouldn't praise Lucinda for her "principles".
    I couldn't possibly comment on hearsay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement