Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Only the women TDs should be allowed to vote on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,323 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

At the airports and ferryports they should put Ryanair style baggage cages to measure if a woman is pregnant and then prevent her travelling, that will teach em.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Roger_007 wrote: »

Eh... why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Plenty of women voted for the male TDs...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Dana talking about DNA tonight was something special.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Not a word used often in this abortion debate but.. Misandry!

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Eh... why?

Men can't get pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

RayM wrote: »
    I disagree completely with her stance on abortion (and, I suspect, every other social issue too), but in terms of ability and intelligence, she probably should have been appointed as a senior minister. I mean, she's infinitely more impressive than the likes of Leo Varadkar.

Well I don't share your view that she should be a Senior Minister. My point was that she probably thinks she should be a senior Minister herself, and I reckon that she may be harbouring a grudge because of that and is flouncing on this issue with the hope that it makes her "look" principled.

In my view if she was truly principled she would have left on lots of other decisions this government has made. I reckon she is leaving on this issue because there are a few votes in it, and she thinks it might be good for her career in the long run.

HurtLocker wrote: »
    Not a word used often in this abortion debate but.. Misandry!
    Ah Miss Andry......I knew her well.........;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Who's this Ivana Bacik light on tv3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

"Carry a child... carry a fetus".
    D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Dana talking about DNA tonight was something special.

She should get her own house in order first.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lucinda's husband in the Seanad???

Ah herrrreeeee leavvveee it ouuuuuuuuuuu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Have to say, Niamh Connolly's SBP column picture doesn't do her justice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

vicwatson wrote: »
    Lucinda's husband in the Seanad???

Ah herrrreeeee leavvveee it ouuuuuuuuuuu
    Yep, she's married to Senator Paul Bradford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Every time a politician says "abortion is not a solution for suicide" I bang my head off the wall. No ones going to force suicidal pregnant women to abort, it gives them the choice which the X case guarantees. I am also laughing at this conscience crap, where's that so called conscience when voting through cut backs. I bet the word won't even be mentioned when the states next austerity budget is voted on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Go to bed ffs - nothing worse for bringing out the loonies than an abortion debate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Dana is cluelessness personified.

Shame on TV 3 for inviting her.

They had to have a balance on to-nights show, shall we say, all kinds of everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Lennonist wrote: »
    Well I don't share your view that she should be a Senior Minister. My point was that she probably thinks she should be a senior Minister herself, and I reckon that she may be harbouring a grudge because of that and is flouncing on this issue with the hope that it makes her "look" principled.

In my view if she was truly principled she would have left on lots of other decisions this government has made. I reckon she is leaving on this issue because there are a few votes in it, and she thinks it might be good for her career in the long run.

I kind of don't blame her for being a bit flouncy. Richard Bruton became a senior minister, despite the fact that he was the one who challenged Kenny in 2010. As a (very) right-wing politician, nobody would have taken Lucinda seriously if she had quit over a budgetary issue.

I still find it amazing that Kenny won that leadership battle. His biography is called "The Unlikely Taoiseach". No shit...

Billy, hey Billy - I don't care what YOU believe

• Advertisement

Priest, sorry, ex priest, gone asleep, way past his bedtime, the housekeeper be wondering were he is at this hour of the night

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Dana is very funny. :)

With her Bic pen:P

vicwatson wrote: »
    Priest, sorry, ex priest, gone asleep, way past his bedtime, the housekeeper be wondering were he is at this hour of the night
    Housekeeper just woke up and discovered he was not in her bed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

I would regard it as sick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

HurtLocker wrote: »
    Every time a politician says "abortion is not a solution for suicide" I bang my head off the wall. No ones going to force suicidal pregnant women to abort, it gives them the choice which the X case guarantees. I am also laughing at this conscience crap, where's that so called conscience when voting through cut backs. I bet the word won't even be mentioned when the states next austerity budget is voted on.

I think it's a valid statement, it's just a typical politician slogan.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I would regard it as sick.

Life's too short to take people like her seriously. I'd rather engage with the 95% of the population who are of reasonable mind when it comes to these issues.

Funny in the head. Remember the 2011 assassination attempt on her life? It turned out to be a punctured tyre.

It just TDs giving speeches. Waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Over to RTE 1, Primetime is still on air,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement