Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Over to RTE 1, Primetime is still on air,

Yeh but Claire Byrne, jesussssssssssssssssssss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

RayM wrote: »
    I kind of don't blame her for being a bit flouncy. Richard Bruton became a senior minister, despite the fact that he was the one who challenged Kenny in 2010. As a (very) right-wing politician, nobody would have taken Lucinda seriously if she had quit over a budgetary issue.

I still find it amazing that Kenny won that leadership battle. His biography is called "The Unlikely Taoiseach". No shit...

Kenny won because he was around longer than anyone else. He has little or no ability, longevity was the key. If Creighton wants to get to the top in her party she should know that longevity counts more than anything else. That's FG/FF in a nutshell. I've little time for Kenny as Taoiseach, but I also hope that Creighton will be permanently damaged in her career by this posturing flounce.

Sherlock should NOT go and live in California, she'd be REALLY pissed off

How did Ivana get from TV3 to RTE so quick !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Lennonist wrote: »
    Kenny won because he was around longer than anyone else. He has little or no ability, longevity was the key. If Creighton wants to get to the top in her party she should know that longevity counts more than anything else. That's FG/FF in a nutshell. I've little time for Kenny as Taoiseach, but I also hope that Creighton will be permanently damaged in her career by this posturing flounce.

I've heard (from people who have met him) that he's actually a very pleasant person. I reckon he won because nobody wanted to hurt his feelings. I'm not sure that's a very good reason to allow him to run a country...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Is RTE going on until 5 am?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Is RTE going on until 5 am?

Jesus, I hope not. I really want to get to bed tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

FINE Gael have described as “silly” an incident in which a male TD pulled his female colleague onto his lap during a break in the abortion debate late last night.

Ho, ho, the cheap beer and late hour must have been making them Blueshirt TD's a bit giddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tom Barry has just released a statement, apologising for the incident last nite..

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0711/461807-dail-debate-tom-barry/
    "What I did last night was disrespectful and inappropriate. I have apologised to Aine Collins and she graciously and immediately accepted my apology. No excuses, I just shouldn't have done it."

When I first heard of the incident I was sure it was gona be Mick Wallace and Claire Daly.. (obviously with Claire Daly pulling Mick in to her lap).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Hitchens wrote: »
    FINE Gael have described as “silly” an incident in which a male TD pulled his female colleague onto his lap during a break in the abortion debate late last night.

Fine Gael in "shock" misogyny incident :rolleyes:

Lucinda has resigned. Good riddance.

Tonight's show extended again.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Carnegie

tonights show about abortion yet again, are they ever going to talk about anything else

Why is this John guy speaking about abortion?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Jaysus, Vinnie must be short of guests if he's got Mary Coughlan on the show :rolleyes:

John McGuirk, hmmmm, smarmy head on him !

Edit - He'd be the last person on the planet I'd go for a drink with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Has horny any connection with Barry's tea, or am I on the wrong track

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Sit up straight you arrogant prat!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Lucinda has resigned. Good riddance.
    At least she had guts and conviction, though I certainly don't agree with her position.
    There were plenty of others who were ready to talk the talk, but not so willing to walk the walk. (I'm looking at you, Michelle Mulherin, Healy-Eames, James Bannon and others) All talk, no b*lls....rolleyes.png

• Advertisement

Vinnie is great for the hypothetical situations :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Vinnie is great for the hypothetical situations :rolleyes:

'twas a fairly depressing sequence of events to think up alright

McGuirk got out of the same side of the bed as Sheehan !

coolhull wrote: »
    At least she had guts and conviction, though I certainly don't agree with her position.
    There were plenty of others who were ready to talk the talk, but not so willing to walk the walk. (I'm looking at you, Michelle Mulherin, Healy-Eames, James Bannon and others) All talk, no b*lls....rolleyes.png

Ah don't give her too much credit, all she's doing is voting for what she believes. Hardly a big deal.

Healy-Eames hasn't had a chance to vote yet.

Can this guy not sit up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Oh goodie.
    John McGurk on to tell women what to do with their bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Very brave of Mary to tell us she had an abortion.. Of course, in Mad Dana's eyes, that makes Mary a murderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

All I can say is go on Mary coughlan (and I am very conflicted about how I feel re abortion issue)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

He's fierce smug and patronising...........:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I wonder what Jesus Christ would have thought of Mary Coughlan raising her kids while drinking a litre of vodka a day.. She really has no moral authority to be speaking from such a pious position..

• Advertisement

Ah don't give her too much credit, all she's doing is voting for what she believes. Hardly a big deal.

Healy-Eames hasn't had a chance to vote yet.

Can this guy not sit up?

She finds herself excluded from her party and she's lost her junior ministry. That's a big enough deal for most people in her position.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement