Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

I wonder what Jesus Christ would have thought of Mary Coughlan raising her kids while drinking a litre of vodka a day.. She really has no moral authority to be speaking from such a pious position..

Could never warm to her myself. Something unpalatable about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

She finds herself excluded from her party and she's lost her junior ministry. That's a big enough deal for most people in her position.

For her yes, but for everyone else, it's not a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

COYW wrote: »
    Could never warm to her myself. Something unpalatable about her.
    Because she had an abortion? Hardly our place to judge her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,473 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I wonder what Jesus Christ would have thought of Mary Coughlan raising her kids while drinking a litre of vodka a day.. She really has no moral authority to be speaking from such a pious position..

FFS.

The lady had a well documented drink problem that she has often spoken openly about and she has recovered from very well.

That is not a moral issue, but a personal problem, has nothing to do with abortion and she has every right to air her opinion.

The anti-choice side were also showing images of a nude man hammered to a cross. Religious people seemed to have a fetish for gore.

She's streets ahead of Michelle Mulherin who reminded me of a child in a school yard - 'It's not my fault, they made me do it'.

Mulherin has lost all credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I think it's a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

is McGuirk a heavy smoker..........his chubby fingers look a bit yellow? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hitchens wrote: »
    is McGuirk a heavy smoker..........his chubby fingers look a bit yellow? :confused:

Yup he needs to get toothpaste on them I'd say :)

MrsD007 wrote: »
    She's streets ahead of Michelle Mulherin who reminded me of a child in a school yard - 'It's not my fault, they made me do it'.

Mulherin has lost all credibility.

I think Michelle lost all credibility with her fornication comments she made ages ago. She's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Lisha wrote: »
    Yup he needs to get toothpaste on them I'd say :)

Must remember that hint for the out-laws Lisha!!...........:D:D

Billy has asked a good question there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

coolhull wrote: »
    Because she had an abortion? Hardly our place to judge her.

No! I was referring to her over time. Her music puts me to sleep, Jaazzzzz, and I have seen her on TV3 daytime a few times, on the women-y panel show and she is permanently miserable.

murpho999 wrote: »
    FFS.

The lady had a well documented drink problem that she has often spoken openly about and she has recovered from very well.

That is not a moral issue, but a personal problem, has nothing to do with abortion and she has every right to air her opinion.

She was making the point that women should have control over their own bodies - and a poster mentions her drink problem. Sigh.

Perhaps her talking about abortion so openly unsettled the poster.

Am I alone in being embarrassed by all this?

Majority of modern democracies have had free choice on abortion allowed for at least 30 years and here we are, having a political melt down over 20 year old too late legislation that protects rape victims etc. whilst still not giving women full control over their own bodies and destinies.

TD on now going on about stopping a 14 year old getting a morning after pill instead of talking about the real issue of the 14 year old not being properly sexually and relationship educated and not getting pregnant in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Billy has asked a good question there.

I don't know could any bill cover all eventualities .
    Hard to know what to say really

Haven't much time for Billy Kelleher, but he's spot on there

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

The anti-choice side were also showing images of a nude man hammered to a cross. Religious people seemed to have a fetish for gore.
    The Catholic Church, in particular, is 'hung up' on images of extreme violence i.e. the crucifixion of Jesus. It is a totally perverted organisation.:eek:

• Advertisement

COYW wrote: »
    No! I was referring to her over time. Her music puts me to sleep, Jaazzzzz, and I have seen her on TV3 daytime a few times, on the women-y panel show and she is permanently miserable.
    Her music puts me to sleep too, but that's hardly a hanging offence

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hitchens wrote: »

Those fingers are quite grotesque actually

John guy fails to answer the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I like 'delaney is back on the wine'

I've always liked this song.

These Pro-Lifers don't know much about anything, but by God they can quote statistics all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

He's a real little dogmatic canine.........

John is not my cup of tea at all........The "yellow finger" pointing looks a well used gesture....

Lucinda is against a 14 year sentence for women that have an abortion, but if she considers it murder, why shouldn't women receive tough sentences?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I wonder where the rest of the TD's are? Probably propping up the subsidised Dail bar I suppose.

• Advertisement

These Pro-Lifers don't know much about anything, but by God they can quote statistics all night.

Statistics show that they can quote God even more!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement