Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,759 ✭✭✭lertsnim

RayM wrote: »
    Your argument is silly.

If you say so. And what of equality for gays, Muslims etc etc? Should there also be a quota for them in the Dáil too or is it only gender equality that matters. Maybe ginger haired people deserve equal representation also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I cant understand some people who post here, MC was an absolute bitch last night and fair play to McGuirk in standing up for the lovely Lucinda. We know what Mary wants and that is to be as liberal as Britain. Too right she can't face looking at the truth on posters, the truth hurts Mary doesn't it. Finally Mcguirk did brilliantly to say he was outnumbered 5 to 1.

Fair play to Vincent after Mary C stupid comment he said it is the first time someone has been removed from a party for keeping their election promise. GUBU or what. Lucinda I salute you, Enda your a snivelling little git who speaks out of both sides of your mouth. John O Mahony you need not worry about your seat because you wont get in again. Lucinda has balls unlike the great GAA stalwart Mahony.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Fair play to Vincent after Mary C stupid comment he said it is the first time someone has been removed from a party for keeping their election promise. GUBU or what. Lucinda I salute you, Enda your a snivelling little git who speaks out of both sides of your mouth. John O Mahony you need not worry about your seat because you wont get in again. Lucinda has balls unlike the great GAA stalwart Mahony.

The rosary beads will not get her past the post the next time.

The rosary beads will not get her past the post the next time.

Why oh why and in fairness John McGuirk was at pains to say it, religion shouldn't come into it. This is a basic human rights issue and plenty of atheists are against this bill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Why oh why and in fairness John McGuirk was at pains to say it, religion shouldn't come into it. This is a basic human rights issue and plenty of atheists are against this bill.

I've yet to met an athiest against abortion when the mothers life is in danger or she is suicidal or there is rape/incest or fatal foetal abnormality involved. But I'm sure the pro life side will/have found one in the same way they found that the majority of physiologists and doctors against the bill.

You are right it is a basic human rights issue. Women should have autonomy over there own body and choose I'd the want to sustain a potential human for 9 months like in nearly every single civilised country.

A women is a human being; with individual beliefs, morals and convictions. The right to choose recognises individuals. "The right to life" and prohibition of abortion recognises one set of morals above all others and forces it through the threat of a jail term on everyone. Only one religion favours a complete ban on abortion and its the church which was yesterday condemned in a state report for hiding child sex abuse and employed people they knew were peodofiles and child abusers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Tonight's panel will discuss the referendum to abolish the Seanad.

No doubt David Norris will get a mention. I'm surprised and disappointed he hasn't apologised for his remarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Tonight's panel will discuss the referendum to abolish the Seanad.

No doubt David Norris will get a mention. I'm surprised and disappointed he hasn't apologised for his remarks.

David Norris is an attention seeker par excellence!

Hitchens wrote: »
    David Norris is an attention seeker par excellence!
    I have a lot of time for David but I think his comments today were far more offensive than lapgate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Norris has lost the plot.

• Advertisement

David has damaged his argument to retain the Seanad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

David Norris is very, very ill. Anyone who saw him on Miriam O'Callaghan's show last week will have noticed that his language was completely out of character. I think he deserves to be cut some slack.

HurtLocker wrote: »
    I've yet to met an athiest against abortion when the mothers life is in danger or she is suicidal or there is rape/incest or fatal foetal abnormality involved. But I'm sure the pro life side will/have found one in the same way they found that the majority of physiologists and doctors against the bill.

You are right it is a basic human rights issue. Women should have autonomy over there own body and choose I'd the want to sustain a potential human for 9 months like in nearly every single civilised country.

A women is a human being; with individual beliefs, morals and convictions. The right to choose recognises individuals. "The right to life" and prohibition of abortion recognises one set of morals above all others and forces it through the threat of a jail term on everyone. Only one religion favours a complete ban on abortion and its the church which was yesterday condemned in a state report for hiding child sex abuse and employed people they knew were peodofiles and child abusers.[/QUOTE

And would you have a limit on it or would you allow a suicidal woman to have an abortion upto full birth. Would you agree with Britain allowing abortion at 24 weeks and after if the baby has an abnormality.
    So in one ward you have an abortion been performed at 24 weeks and in another in the same hospital doctors are fighting to save a premature baby at 24 weeks. Fuzzy logic or what.

David Norris is very, very ill. Anyone who saw him on Miriam O'Callaghan's show last week will have noticed that his language was completely out of character. I think he deserves to be cut some slack.

I think he reckons he's got nothing to lose anymore.

I think he reckons he's got nothing to lose anymore.

I think he's probably on a lot of medication - and/or in a lot of physical and emotional pain.

He is ill but that does not exempt him from criticism. He should have apologised by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

While I do agree with the above I think that David should have enough personal responsibility to realise he needs a break from political life at the moment .
    But also David has shown in the past that if he thinks something is right (even if it is wrong) he will go to any lengths to fight His corner.

I can't stand Regina, I think she'll love this attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I've never ever heard of her of seen her before today . So I've nothing to add to this conversation

Lisha wrote: »
    I've never ever heard of her of seen her before today . Do I've nothing to add to this conversation
    She made a stupid comment earlier about not being aware of Norris and the work that the Seanad do until she became involved in politics in 2007. How on earth did she become a politician :mad:

I think David's pride might have been a bit hurt today by Regina's statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,323 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Norris went on a mad one today, he also had it in for the loyalists...
    When they were prisoners they were like Neanderthals. They were reading comics and doing press-ups whereas the ‘Shinners’ for whom I wouldn’t give a toss, at least had the intelligence to do university degrees.

Boll1cks he is a clown and is only getting worse, do not use his medical problems which he has claimed too have, to boost his failing career. People are going through a very hard time, and should not be exposed to clowns like that, to see his tantrums shown on the news.

Now she talks about the FG manifesto :D
    What a feckin hypocrite.

Too her what.

Too her what.
    Behave!

Now she talks about the FG manifesto :D
    What a feckin hypocrite.

Agreed Lucinda is out of FG for keeping an election promise.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,323 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You tell her Vin.

Regina is a light weight and is completely out of her depth as a TD, she belongs in a county council.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Regina is a light weight and is completely out of her depth as a TD, she belongs in a county council.

but has she ever heard of county councils? :D

• Advertisement

Boll1cks he is a clown and is only getting worse, do not use his medical problems which he has claimed too have, to boost his failing career. People are going through a very hard time, and should not be exposed to clowns like that, to see his tantrums shown on the news.

Is English your first language?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement