Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,756 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The politics.ie thread on the Dukes and Aynsley show tonight has started early. Popcorn at the ready.

They are getting an easy ride. Surprised at Vincent. He should have had RBB and Pearse Doherty on to balance the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

These are the ??????? we paid peanuts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Very tame so far, hopefully calm before storm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

And these are the lions that we had in fighting the country's corner in Anglo.?.. fkn hell, they are like a couple of old lads coming on to discuss the possibility of pension cuts in the next budget..

Similar to Frank Daly with NAMA, Alan Dukes should never have been put in a difficult job requiring a combative attitude a lot of energy.. If he chose to retire, then he chose to retire for a fkn reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Is the strategy to bore us to death?

• Advertisement

After listening to dukes I'm beginning to think Anglo was a great little bank FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some ground rules set down before these two agreed to appear on tonight's programme. Vinnie is a bit of a toothless tiger tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Is the strategy to bore us to death?

Think they are being so calm and steady in order to convince us that 'its all ok, no big deal '
    Also I'd hazard a gues that neither of them ever had to get excited about where will they get cash to pay mortgage. There's no esb or fuel bill dilemma there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,867 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

JM Skipton wrote: »
    After listening to dukes I'm beginning to think Anglo was a great little bank FFS

Wasn't he brought in to sort the place? He sounds like a hostage with Stockholm syndrome

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some ground rules set down before these two agreed to appear on tonight's programme. Vinnie is a bit of a toothless tiger tonight.

Hey Har, I wasnt expecting much to be honest.. I heard Dukes interviewed by Mary Wilson a couple of weeks back, and it was one of her worst interviews... which is saying something... Dukes completely stonewalled her with his two mantras..

1. (regarding Drumm/Bowe and the tapes) We cant possibly know what they were really thinking at the time..
    2. I couldnt possibly comment on that because it may interfere with future court cases...

They should give the pair of them a kick up the h0le and throw them out of the studios.. Two lads who look very very comfortable in life, and not really affected by any of the damage caused by Drummer and the boys..

• Advertisement

Correct I would say aynesley has a few pages of notes on his desk

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Wasn't he brought in to sort the place? He sounds like a hostage with Stockholm syndrome

That was his long term reward for supporting Fianna Fáil with the so-called Tallaght Strategy in the 1980's.

I feel like I should be smoking a doobie or something.. Just to get in the same gear as these two..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I feel like I should be smoking a doobie or something.. Just to get in the same gear as these two..

they're pretty chilled alright :)

Somebody wake Alan up and tell him there was a bit of humour at his expense there... He's probably thinking "hmmm... it's beef tonight back in the nursing home"..

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

This interview's a joke.
    I've seen Miss World contestants get a tougher grilling.

Just waiting for Vincent to over and give the two lads a big hug at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Oh to be able to get a pizza delivered to studio.
    I reckon they'd be all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Time for a wee break with some nice tea and scones. The only thing that could make this any more twee and cosy is if wee Daniel was to come on and give us an aul song after the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Did someone give Vincent some temazepam before the show or something?

On other shows he goes mental over the most minor things but he gets these two overpaid gombeens from Anglo on and its like he's in a coma. I bet they can't believe they're getting such softball questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,867 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Ah ha! Last night before holidays! Yes already got one foot in Corfu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Good loser

Lads ye're not used to shows where there's more light than heat. It's a relief to me compared to the usual sh**e.

Ah ha! Last night before holidays! Yes already got one foot in Corfu

I dont think the show could get any more sedentary than tonight, even with Sam Smyth in charge..

I haven't been this let down about anything since my brother accidently taped over the jamie lee curtis mirror scene in trading places

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Nice little break for #vinb.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

6 weeks sans Vinny.
    Jaysus. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Good loser wrote: »
    Lads ye're not used to shows where there's more light than heat. It's a relief to me compared to the usual sh**e.

What 'light' was shed there?
    'Hindsight is 20/20' and the lads, according to the lads, are doing a great job?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

JM Skipton wrote: »
    I haven't been this let down about anything since my brother accidently taped over the jamie lee curtis mirror scene in trading places

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Vinny must've been warned by his doctor that he wouldn't have gotten his holiday insurance cover passed if his heart rate went up too high tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Good loser

stretchdoe wrote: »
    What 'light' was shed there?
    'Hindsight is 20/20' and the lads, according to the lads, are doing a great job?

- how much Anglo is going to cost.

- why Anglo wasn't closed day 1

- why Aynsley's package came to €800k

- why Quinn was treated as he was

etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement