Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I'm not getting the impression that Lucinda is going to move away from Fine Gael anytime soon.

She'll probably get re-admitted to the party once the next election comes around and her views on abortion will have "evolved" by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

stretchdoe wrote: »
    Sam Smyth brings some qualities to this but he'd be a lot better if he didn't interrupt people every 5 seconds.
    But give me Sam any night over Mr ex-Miriam O'Callaghanicon12.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I saw Mick Clifford's novel Ghost Town in the bargain bin in Waterstones yesterday :o

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

coolhull wrote: »
    But give me Sam any night over Mr ex-Miriam O'Callaghanicon12.png

:o:D
    Sh*t yeah.

Let me revise my initial post.
    McGurk brings some qualities to this but he'd be a lot better if he didn't interrupt everyone every 5 seconds.

Sam Smyth should stick to the Rugby..

I saw Mick Clifford's novel Ghost Town in the bargain bin in Waterstones yesterday :o
    Did you purchase it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Everyone seems to ignore the fact that every TD is elected by the people........it's not the TDs who are gobsh1tes, it is the Irish people who are gobsh1tes. The Dail accurately reflects the electorate. Unfortunately, in a democracy, every idiot has a vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Lucinda wants reform.

No details of course, she just wants reform.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,867 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Does this direct democracy lad creep anyone else out? Just seems shady and like he's concealing some vested interests behind fairly simplifying dodgy rhetoric. Can't pit my finger on it but I get the feeling he'll turn out to be more than he appears at some point.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Everyone seems to ignore the fact that every TD is elected by the people........it's not the TDs who are gobsh1tes, it is the Irish people who are gobsh1tes. The Dail accurately reflects the electorate. Unfortunately, in a democracy, every idiot has a vote!

I voted for what I took to be the best of a bad lot.

We all make mistakes!redface.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

When the same mistakes are repeated time and again, you have to wonder if it's just a mistake.:(

• Advertisement

Did you purchase it?

Not a chance! :D

And there's one of the qualities i was referring to.
    Snazzy glasses.

When the same mistakes are repeated time and again, you have to wonder if it's just a mistake.:(
    Sorry, I did what I thought was right at the time.... Mea culpa!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Real Velma from Scooby Doo vibe. :pac::pac::pac:

I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Lucinda wants reform.

No details of course, she just wants reform.

She is moving nicely into the populist land that most Irish opposition TDs live in. They want change but they can't say what.

I do have a certain level of respect for her though. She stood by what she said in her pre-election promises regarding abortion. I don't agree with her on it but when push came to shove, she stood up and fought her corner. I think she will get re-elected next time round as a result of this.

So jedward were actually just two of triplets.

It's Hobson's choice for us. We can either have Tweedledum or Tweedledee with Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael. Then there's Labour who've pretty much jettisoned every principle they've ever had. There's the Shinners who still can't be trusted, and then there's the detritus of loony lefties who can't even agree on the time of day. Not much choice for the Irish electorate with any of these parties/independents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,197 ✭✭✭Good loser

It's Hobson's choice for us. We can either have Tweedledum or Tweedledee with Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael. Then there's Labour who've pretty much jettisoned every principle they've ever had. There's the Shinners who still can't be trusted, and then there's the detritus of loony lefties who can't even agree on the time of day. Not much choice for the Irish electorate with any of these parties/independents.

We are where we are. We are what we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Fkn hell are they all on the way to a 1960s party... I thought John Crown was about to bring us the news of John Kennedy being assassinated on Dealey Plaza...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Fkn hell are they all on the way to a 1960s party... I thought John Crown was about to bring us the news of John Kennedy being assassinated on Dealey Plaza...

It was the guy on the grassy knoll that did the damage. :cool:

It was the guy on the grassy knoll that did the damage. :cool:
    He wasn't wearing his seat belt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭DainBramage

The godawful avrerill whats her face on there now from FF. Seems like her , Mattie Mcgrath and Mary O Rourke represent FF in the media these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,867 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Sorry got here late. Who's James bond there?

"We've successfully put together a bill to ban smoking in cars for children"..

I'd be more worried about the children driving while smoking..

Did McGurk borrow that jacket from Graham Norton?

This rubbish about "The Seanad keeps an eye on the Dáil" really annoys me.. And the Seanad full of handpicked friends of the elected Taoiseach

I'd say it was a great feeling though.. Telling maverick gunslinger Noel Curran to shove his deal up his h0le, before he got the chance to go to the tabloids with his latest "I told them the wages had to be cut by 10%" success story..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

That man reminds me of Paul Gambaccini, the DJ......

Pat laughing all the way to the bank meanwhile....."Not a National Institution"...He will be gutted to hear that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,758 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

COYW wrote: »
    She is moving nicely into the populist land that most Irish opposition TDs live in. They want change but they can't say what.

I do have a certain level of respect for her though. She stood by what she said in her pre-election promises regarding abortion. I don't agree with her on it but when push came to shove, she stood up and fought her corner. I think she will get re-elected next time round as a result of this.

She doesn't suit Fine Gael then at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement