Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

chinwag wrote: »
    This was included in the FS article:

"That was that, though, and TV3 had actually asked me to be one of the guest presenters during Browne's absence, stemming from the fact that I had stood up to him on shows and subjected the presenter to questioning."

I think Fionnan/Indo have made a mistake airing their grievances through their articles, I think the only person that is upset that Fionnan is not on the VB Show is Fionnan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Which FS article does that appear in? It not in the one that Skid posted. Have you a link?

It's about half down the Indo article (opposite the 50 cent pleads not guilty article on my browser).

Thanks Skid, I read it a few times before spotting it, I think I need to go to Specsavers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tonight with Alison O'Connor... they've even changed the name on the show...

Nicola Cooke is looking well ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Bit of Indo solidarity with Alison in the chair.
    Nicola.
    Yay \o/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Fianna Fáil know how to do everything perfectly :rolleyes: The Gov has done nothing where FF haven't been "critical"

I'm guessin the guy at the end with the moustache is a right wing, capitalist who thinks all the drivers should be immediately fired and the bus service should be privatised.... what you think :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Anyone hear Vinnie on the Ray D'Arcy Show today?

He was very dismissive of Fionnan Sheehan and said any discussion of him appearing on the show again was a waste of time.

Tonight With Alison O'Connor

Sky EPG.......

'Journalist and broadcaster Alison O'Connor deputises for Vincent Browne to present the show that addresses topical issues in a hard-hitting, intelligent and entertaining manner'.

If Alison wants to entertain us, she should invite Fionnán in this week and let him tell us all about how he was harangued by Vinny :p

I'm guessin the guy at the end with the moustache is a right wing, capitalist who thinks all the drivers should be immediately fired and the bus service should be privatised.... what you think :)

Nah I'm over here :pac:

I've noticed that though Vincent always puts the person he disagrees with furthest away. The nearest person always agrees with him.

Edit:lol his Sinn Fein I doubt he will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Looks like Mary Mitchell O' Connor finally flogged her jacket.

^That's it. No more.

Dessie Ellis is making some balls of this tonight...

Leo Var-addy-car :D

If a bus company cant make a profit from the 46A route then there is something inherently wrong with the way the business is run...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

'They Shoot Horses', where he comes from, Don't They.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Is he the SF spokesman for transport? The presenter is ignoring him now. No dublin bus route is profitable. :eek:

COYW wrote: »
    Is he the SF spokesman for transport? The presenter is ignoring him now. No dublin bus route is profitable. :eek:

yes he is transport spokesman for SF.
    more subsidy is his answer.

imme wrote: »

Thought so. More money for the magic money tree is his solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The ?FF gy who has just commented on the London bus position is talking boolocks; it wasn't renationalised. The fact is that companies bid for routes and specify what subsidy they want or what premium they want to pay. They then get to keep the cash fares they generate plus a payment for the use by travelcard holders. Companies go bust, companies get taken over. It certainly has not been revised in the way he describes over the 20 years it's been in operation - when flat rate bus fares were introduced by Ken Livingstone, adjustments had to be made but that's not the same thing. It's true that the unions have been neutered and bus drivers are mostly recent immigrants but that's a feature of the creation of multiple operators and a race to the bottom on costs - that's little different from most private sector operators. That's the key point wich needs to be addressed - is it going to be run on the basis of low costs or maintaining harmony. Tehre probably isn't a compromise.

The funny thing is that in most Irish semi states which have been privatised, the incumbent employees have made out like bandits. It's the next generation of workers who lose out.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

Don't forget the fact finding missions to all these European cities for Dessie when he gets his feet under the table.

• Advertisement

not a very enlightening show tonight,
    don't think Vin B could have done any better.

Daragh O'Brien should be sitting on his own, as he could cut those around he's that sharp. :rolleyes:

Darragh looks like he should be presenting a property buying program or something.. Location, Location, Location... or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RobGJ

VinB just ain't the same without Vinny.. Dessie is doing what he does best as always..

It is a big pile of meh tonight ....

They are trying to make a show out of nothing. They strike being called off quashed any impact the show had.

RobGJ wrote: »
    VinB just ain't the same without Vinny.. Dessie is doing what he does best as always..

Digging a hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Dessie Populist is trotting out SF's usual "Free money for everyone!" line.

It says something about you if you are being crushed in a debate by Paudie Coffey of all people

• Registered Users Posts: 30 RobGJ

Digging a hole?
    And not knowing when to stop..

He couldn't have done much with this. He might have gotten something out of the FF story. What is it that Dessie does best?

What's new. Pump money everywhere. And they can magically avoid every single cut back and new tax with a wealth tax and taking money from the pension reserve.

• Advertisement

And not knowing when to stop..

Say he does when he has a body!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement