Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v3.0 (07/04/13 - 08/07/14)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

coolhull wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something here? When you enter an airport, aren't there lots of police around? And in South America, I imagine most of those police would be armed. Why did the two girls not go straight to the airport police and tell them that they're being forced to carry drugs in the bags? Why go all the way to the customs check? No criminal is going to risk a shoot-out with heavily-armed police in an airport terminal. Those two were leaving Peru, not entering it.
    To me, the whole thing stinks to high heavens. But maybe that's just me.....

I understand everything you are saying, but if they are telling the truth, and as far as I can recall, both of them said that there was a threat made to them that their families would be killed if they did not comply and carry the bags through airport security. It's an interesting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

darkhorse wrote: »
    I understand everything you are saying, but if they are telling the truth, and as far as I can recall, both of them said that there was a threat made to them that their families would be killed if they did not comply and carry the bags through airport security. It's an interesting one.
    But they had come into Peru from Spain, so their families weren't with them. It would be silly for South American criminals to threaten to hurt members oe families who live at other end of the world.
    At the moment, I cannot see any scenario in which the girls would feel threatened while under the gaze of armed police

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

enjoy, MrsD007 ;)
    article-2396583-1B485897000005DC-487_634x785.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

coolhull wrote: »
    But they had come into Peru from Spain, so their families weren't with them. It would be silly for South American criminals to threaten to hurt members oe families who live at other end of the world.
    At the moment, I cannot see any scenario in which the girls would feel threatened while under the gaze of armed police
    unless you believed that the police were currupted but then you would need the police to be currupted in a couple of juristrictions. I dont buy it. I think they are playing for mule status.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Oooooh derbhails looking well!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

F##k no. Giving this a very wide birth

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

statesaver wrote: »
    F##k no. Giving this a very wide birth
    If she wants to have a home birth there is nothing stopping her. She just wants to have someone to sue if anything goes wrong.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Good call Harry, interested to hear how she justifies this.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paudgenator

I like her when she's on the panel. She's doing a grand job on this interview which was recorded earlier today. But "live"....what's with all the smiling to camera?? She's a different persona!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

Earth Mother Alert, bet she is one of those that goes off on one against women that don't or can't breast feed.

• Advertisement

"Seek to have the birth outside of the jurisdiction"..

But that would defeat the purpose of having the HSE guarantee... This woman is hiding behind the whole "our women, our bodies" nonsense, which is really cynical. If she wants to risk a home birth, then it's HER risk, not the HSE's .. She expects to be able to ignore their advice YET hold them responsible if something goes wrong...

Why is she putting unnecessary stress upon herself ?

She does know there's a plural of "woman", doesnt she?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Boylan is very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

She's a midwife......she must use the word a million.times a week....yet she speaks like a neanderthal cave man........wooooman

I have a funny feeling that the HSE are gonna roll over and take the hit, sorry.. let the taxpayer take the hit on the legal costs..

I get the impression she's using the term "woman" in an earth-mother/gaia way. :p

She's a midwife......she must use the word a million.times a week....yet she speaks like a neanderthal cave man........wooooman
    ........who gives 'burt'.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Derbhail talking like a guest as opposed to a host, doing more talking than VB !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I have a funny feeling that the HSE are gonna roll over and take the hit, sorry.. let the taxpayer take the hit on the legal costs..

Wouldn't be normal would it?

• Advertisement

Jaysus Peter, she's got the google results in front of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

This lady is just reading the research for the answer she wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'd prefer to be in the care of Peter Boylan anyday over this midwife.

I'd say Peter will be feeling the pain on the way home tonight.

voodoo%20doll.jpg

Jaysus Peter, she's got the google results in front of her.
    Google:- holy scripture of the modern age.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I think the idea a home birth is great for both the woman and the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

His final line was probably well rehearsed beforehand but still good.

His final line was probably well rehearsed beforehand but still good.

Did you see the witch doctor looking at him like absolute thunder when he said it..

Dearbhail did a fair bit of talking herself during that. A bit like Vinny does

• Advertisement

Did you see the witch doctor looking at him like absolute thunder when he said it..
    That was one scaaaary woooooman:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement